• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

In theory the enforcement of the rule should never have to take place and sellers who have a mixed lot should sell there. However it appears that Mixed is a 4 letter word when it comes to the sales threads. Having had my sales thread banished there by someone who humped my thread, I can say that it's not pretty.

It looks like I was also a victim of somebody humping my sales thread in GSB and it was moved to Mixed today. The vast majority of the books are bronze. And I'll agree that some of the books are borderline bronze at best and one or two were outliers. But it seems kind of harsh to me. I'm selling a couple books that are clearly Copper and Modern and I started a separate thread for those two.

I'd rather just be told clearly the date age cut-offs for each section. And good luck with that because there will never be a universally accepted definition of Gold, Silver, and Bronze.

Or like it's been here for years, people can resist the urge to hit the notify button for minutiae.

It was addressed to moderation as to why some can do this and others can't... and again, a request for an answer was ignored. (shrug)

Or like it's been here for years, people can resist the urge to hit the notify button for minutiae.

Well no, because agendas and butthurt are in play.

This sales thread moving thing seems like a recent development. I know Dale's thread was initially moved to the Mixed section before it was given a reprieve. And my thread was living happily for 10 days before a kind soul decided to report it.

And having the occasional mid-eighties book in GSB has never seemed to be a problem before.

This sales thread moving thing seems like a recent development. I know Dale's thread was initially moved to the Mixed section before it was given a reprieve. And my thread was living happily for 10 days before a kind soul decided to report it.

And having the occasional mid-eighties book in GSB has never seemed to be a problem before.

Well it must depend on percentages. Dale said he was only listing "5% moderns" and that the mods should cut him some slack.

What was your percentage of moderns?

In theory the enforcement of the rule should never have to take place and sellers who have a mixed lot should sell there. However it appears that Mixed is a 4 letter word when it comes to the sales threads. Having had my sales thread banished there by someone who humped my thread, I can say that it's not pretty.

It looks like I was also a victim of somebody humping my sales thread in GSB and it was moved to Mixed today. The vast majority of the books are bronze. And I'll agree that some of the books are borderline bronze at best and one or two were outliers. But it seems kind of harsh to me. I'm selling a couple books that are clearly Copper and Modern and I started a separate thread for those two.

I'd rather just be told clearly the date age cut-offs for each section. And good luck with that because there will never be a universally accepted definition of Gold, Silver, and Bronze.

It was addressed to moderation as to why some can do this and others can't... and again, a request for an answer was ignored. (shrug)

I think what we are seeing now is the answer, there will be a period of stepped up enforcement, to create confidence that it is impartial. Whether it lasts is another matter. Whether it should last is another matter.

Moderation cannot really come up with a consistent answer if we ourselves here cannot. It is certainly not an issue that can be handled with mathematical precision.

^^

It isn't about fair play or rules or anything other than butthurt and agendas.

Just call a mod and have it moved back :baiting:

Just call a mod and have it moved back :baiting:

Literally this is the only way you can proceed.

Make sure to tell them that everyone else is doing it (and provide examples), and you should be able to as well.

It still looks incredibly bad... but that's the way things seem to be :facepalm:

Well it must depend on percentages. Dale said he was only listing "5% moderns" and that the mods should cut him some slack.

I made a quick count, but I think it's even less than 5% (7 out of 224). And as I mentioned earlier, some of the other books are borderline books like New Mutants #1-20.

I made a quick count, but I think it's even less than 5% (7 out of 224). And as I mentioned earlier, some of the other books are borderline books like New Mutants #1-20.

I think yours would be around 3 % of the total books in your thread. Way below 5%.

The friggin button humpers are gonna get the whole marketplace shut down eventually by constantly pestering the mods.:facepalm:

Maybe button humping shouldn't remain anonymous. hm

I would give a lot to see that happen. A whole bunch of disingenuous turds would have some 'splainin to do.