• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It's just plain stupid. It's like saying " Pay me instantly, and it's gonna cost ya an extra 3%." :facepalm:

I don't charge extra for people using paypal.

However, I do charge a flat 5% to guarantee that I don't fart into the shipping box before I seal it up.

The fee is entirely optional, but it's highly recommended.

According to my assistant, there is a package from you on my desk. Just sent myself an email reminding myself to open it outside.

If i pay 2.5% can I at least tell you what to eat before packing my box?

I always take requests, but I can't guarantee it won't convert back to the default setting of Chili-Fries, Broccoli and Cheddar.

If i pay 2.5% can I at least tell you what to eat before packing my box?

I always take requests, but I can't guarantee it won't convert back to the default setting of Chili-Fries, Broccoli and Cheddar.

What will it take to special order "death and asparagus?"

-slym

I'm trying out a new template over in HusTrucK's thread (see my post HERE ).

Let me know what you think. Too much??

edit: I just noticed that my gentle reminder in HusTrucK's thread just got poofed! Ooooookaaaaay....

Edited by edowens71

The man is tenacious, you gotta give him that.

Ed, I'd say it's too long by half.

agreed. brevity be thy friend.

though not so brief that it doesnt convey the importance.

back on the point of "is it ok to mention C/M offerings in a G/S/B summary?"

I think its fine as long as its part of a total summary post. It doesnt add any additional posts to the thread, and doesn't bump the thread any more than the G/S/B summary would.

It's just plain stupid. It's like saying " Pay me instantly, and it's gonna cost ya an extra 3%." :facepalm:

I don't charge extra for people using paypal.

However, I do charge a flat 5% to guarantee that I don't fart into the shipping box before I seal it up.

The fee is entirely optional, but it's highly recommended.

lol Note to self, pay the 5%

OK...I'll work on streamlining it. hm

We'll see how annoying this becomes...once there's a template, it doesn't take that much effort to post it up in a thread. And no...I don't envision hitting a thread with this every time a straggling book comes across that shouldn't be there...only if there are "enough" of them. Although, this raises the question of how many are "enough"....pretty subjective... hm

I'm trying out a new template over in HusTrucK's thread (see my post HERE ).

Let me know what you think. Too much??

I don't have time to click this now.

I just noticed a can of Chunky Beef soup at a 45 degree angle in the corner cupboard.....should only take about 10 minutes to empty it & re-load it properly.

Thanks

BRB

Love how this one keeps coming up. The 3% thing is not about logic...it's not about whether people can do the math. It's much more about the emotional and psychological factors at work in commercial transactions. Just looking at the posts here (and every other time this comes up), many give these sales threads a pass, simply because of the naked 3% issue. If that's not enough incentive for a seller to do a better job hiding their costs, they're gonna miss sales and not know why.

I get why people don't like it when sellers add that "3% extra if paying via Paypal" but whether they do that, or instead build that 3% into their asking price, you're still paying the 3%.

I'm not sure why it makes that big a difference. (shrug)

Edited by Jeffro

I just noticed a can of Chunky Beef soup at a 45 degree angle in the corner cupboard.....should only take about 10 minutes to empty it & re-load it properly.

Thanks

BRB

:roflmao:

Hey man...so, when should we post reminders about following the rules and when shouldn't we? We're pretty diligent as a group about posting up Arch's template to remind people that they need to include shipping info, acceptable payment, etc. Why shouldn't we do the same for the rule concerning the basic structure of the marketplace?

Thanks

BRB

:roflmao:

Hey man...so, when should we post reminders about following the rules and when shouldn't we? We're pretty diligent as a group about posting up Arch's template to remind people that they need to include shipping info, acceptable payment, etc. Why shouldn't we do the same for the rule concerning the basic structure of the marketplace?

I view it as a pick your battles kind of thing. Trying to fight all the battles leads to insanity. Do we really need people popping into more sales threads with even more reminders about what amounts to minor stuff? And yes, posting a couple copper books in a SA/BA sales thread amounts to minutae. Besides, most people can't even agree when the copper age began, so how do you regulate that?

Edited by Jeffro

I view it as a pick your battles kind of thing. Trying to fight all the battles leads to insanity. Do we really need people popping into more sales threads with even more reminders about what amounts to minor stuff? And yes, posting a couple copper books in a SA/BA sales thread amounts to minutae. Besides. most people can't even agree when the copper age began, so how do you regulate that?

I completely agree about picking the battles. I'm not trying to fight multiple battles...right now just this one, for some reason I still don't quite understand. And I agree about posting a "couple" being no big deal, as I stated above:

And no...I don't envision hitting a thread with this every time a straggling book comes across that shouldn't be there...only if there are "enough" of them. Although, this raises the question of how many are "enough"....pretty subjective... hm

But when does it become a big deal? Never? Then, we're back to the earlier issue of why have the rule and the different sub-fora in the first place. Also, the bigger issue becomes a feeling of unfairness that I presume exists on behalf of people trying to do it the right way and people who have their threads moved by moderation.

As for regulating the ages, if we're going to have this rule, we have to take a stab at it. A rule that is unenforceable should not be a rule. If you look at my proposed template, I acknowlege that there are differences of opinion...the earliest interpretation of the beginning of the Copper age that I know of is 1980, and the latest is 1986...so, that would be where the "enforcement" would begin and end...books after 1985 (i.e., beginning in 1986) in the G/S/B thread are in the wrong place; books before 1980 in the C/M thread are in the wrong place. (shrug)

Edited by edowens71