• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I will be here to call you out on your BS. Sounds like trolling to me, but since you feel it's a moral obligation to right the wrongs of certain members I feel compelled to do the same.

Actually I don't care enough, I just think it's important you be reminded of the type of individual you are. (shrug)

Lastly, stop with the accusations of being homophobic. You accused me of the same thing, without a stitch of merit, and it only makes you look desperate. You can get your counter punch in but I'm finished with you.

Boy Park, he sure put you in your place with that one :ohnoez:

:lol:

What's up baby boy, do you wait for Daddy to leave the room, before you poke your head out from Mama Park's skirt? You can't help but try and get me to notice you; ok boo boo I'm listening.

I think you'll be happier if you just stop toggling everything I say. FYI, being involved in the Secret Santa infrastructure doesn't make you any less of a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. (thumbs u

I think I'll be happier when you can stop quoting me and looking for attention.

Also, I'll make an exception to the deadline and allow you to join the festivities if you'd like. It's a really great way for members to constructively interact and share their hobby.

I think i'lll be happier when you come up with some new material ( unlikely ).

I wouldn't join the festivities as long as you're involved.

Sorry to hear that. Many members feel it's one of the highlights of the board. You can also make a donation to the raffle and participate in the drawing. Let me know if you change your mind.

Merry Christmas

No problem. Let me know when you're no longer involved (thumbs u

I will be here to call you out on your BS. Sounds like trolling to me, but since you feel it's a moral obligation to right the wrongs of certain members I feel compelled to do the same.

Actually I don't care enough, I just think it's important you be reminded of the type of individual you are. (shrug)

Lastly, stop with the accusations of being homophobic. You accused me of the same thing, without a stitch of merit, and it only makes you look desperate. You can get your counter punch in but I'm finished with you.

Boy Park, he sure put you in your place with that one :ohnoez:

:lol:

What's up baby boy, do you wait for Daddy to leave the room, before you poke your head out from Mama Park's skirt? You can't help but try and get me to notice you; ok boo boo I'm listening.

I think you'll be happier if you just stop toggling everything I say. FYI, being involved in the Secret Santa infrastructure doesn't make you any less of a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. (thumbs u

I think I'll be happier when you can stop quoting me and looking for attention.

Also, I'll make an exception to the deadline and allow you to join the festivities if you'd like. It's a really great way for members to constructively interact and share their hobby.

I think i'lll be happier when you come up with some new material ( unlikely ).

I wouldn't join the festivities as long as you're involved.

Sorry to hear that. Many members feel it's one of the highlights of the board. You can also make a donation to the raffle and participate in the drawing. Let me know if you change your mind.

Merry Christmas

No problem. Let me know when you're no longer involved (thumbs u

Ugh, this place is so mean now!! :(

Agreed.

I'd like to wish both of you a very Merry Christmas.

I'm more of a Chanukah man m'self, but thanks. A nice gift would be for y'all to stop bickering. :wishluck:

At least here in the General Discussion thread, which actually does have a purpose. But everywhere else too. Is it not possible to just let stuff go?

Agreed.

I'm more of a Chanukah man m'self, but thanks. A nice gift would be for y'all to stop bickering. :wishluck:

At least here in the General Discussion thread, which actually does have a purpose. But everywhere else too. Is it not possible to just let stuff go?

In a perfect world, everyone would get along. Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world (shrug)

Agreed.

In a perfect world, everyone would get along. Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world (shrug)

There's some wiggle room between "C'mon people now, smile on your brother" and duking it out continuously in every thread you run into folks. But of course you know that, you know I'm right, but you get more fun out of battling than not battling. I suppose that's cool, the purpose of this place is only what you perceive that purpose to be.

Agreed.

There's some wiggle room between "C'mon people now, smile on your brother" and duking it out continuously in every thread you run into folks. But of course you know that, you know I'm right, but you get more fun out of battling than not battling. I suppose that's cool, the purpose of this place is only what you perceive that purpose to be.

I wouldn't call it fun. I'm sure I rub some people the wrong way, just as others rub me the wrong way. I generally ignore 90% of the noise, but sometimes I have to vent a little steam like a nuclear reactor.

Me again...against my better judgment I'm continuing to think out loud about the G/S/B vs. C/M thread location thing, vis-a-vis the rules...

Junkdrawer presents us with yet another innovation to the sales thread structure in his sales thread HERE . Junkdrawer went to great pains to run two beautiful, separate threads in G/S/B and C/M, listing everything in it's right place. Then, dirtied things back up again by including the C/M books in his thread recap within the G/S/B thread...listing books, grades, and prices for the C/M books that are located over in his C/M thread.

I suppose the general argument would go something like "well, just because the C/M books are listed in a recap in the G/S/B thread with grades and prices, it doesn't mean the C/M books are actually for sale in the G/S/B thread, so it's OK", right?

What do you think?

Human nature is a fascinating thing to behold.

m1323.gif

edit: now that I think about this more, this also might run afoul of the other part of rule #3 about posting books in multiple places hm

Edited by edowens71

Me again...against my better judgment I'm continuing to think out loud about the G/S/B vs. C/M thread location thing, vis-a-vis the rules...

Junkdrawer presents us with yet another innovation to the sales thread structure in his sales thread HERE . Junkdrawer went to great pains to run two beautiful, separate threads in G/S/B and C/M, listing everything in it's right place. Then, dirtied things back up again by including the C/M books in his thread recap within the G/S/B thread...listing books, grades, and prices for the C/M books that are located over in his C/M thread.

I suppose the general argument would go something like "well, just because the C/M books are listed in a recap in the G/S/B thread with grades and prices, it doesn't mean the C/M books are actually for sale in the G/S/B thread, so it's OK", right?

What do you think?

m1323.gif

edit: now that I think about this more, this also might run afoul of the other part of rule #3 about posting books in multiple places hm

No, it does not violate rule #3. That was only meant to mean that the item couldn't be sold on e-bay or any other venue at the same time.

As far as adding the books to the other thread's recap? That should be fine, especially when the seller is combining books from both threads for shipping. Once again, it has been done before, it will be done again, and there is no specific rule against it.

You need to stop micro-analyzing all these sales threads before you pop a blood vessel. :baiting:

:kidaround:

:P

What do you think?

m1323.gif

There's nothing wrong with it.

Someone would have to be enormously anal retentive to complain about a recap copied and pasted as being a problem. He's not selling the books in that thread, he's just doing a quick inventory update to prevent missing anything and keep people informed.

As long as people are buying the books in the proper thread I don't see a problem. I'd rather have a seller update his sold and still available items more accurately and completely than not.

There's no difference between this and a seller giving a rough list of books in one thread and stating they are in two threads in two different parts of the sales forum so that buyers have the information they need.

If we shoot all our bullets at ghosts like this there won't be any for the real violations.

We've got to look at the purpose for the rules and not just the words.

Someone would have to be enormously anal retentive to complain about a recap copied and pasted as being a problem.

So, I just got home from work and had the following conversation with my wife:

Me: "Honey, do you think I'm anal retentive?"

Wife (laughing): "Is that a rhetorical question? Are you asking me about the extent of your anal retentiveness?"

Me (smiling): "Yes, I suppose that's what I'm asking...how about on a scale from 1 to 10?"

Wife: "Well, it depends on the subject, but anywhere from a 7 to a 10."

:roflmao:

So, all I can say is that I suppose this personality trait can be an asset around here, as well as an annoyance. I'll try to maximize the former and minimize the latter. :)

Someone would have to be enormously anal retentive to complain about a recap copied and pasted as being a problem.

So, I just got home from work and had the following conversation with my wife:

Me: "Honey, do you think I'm anal retentive?"

Wife (laughing): "Is that a rhetorical question? Are you asking me about the extent of your anal retentiveness?"

Me (smiling): "Yes, I suppose that's what I'm asking...how about on a scale from 1 to 10?"

Wife: "Well, it depends on the subject, but anywhere from a 7 to a 10."

:roflmao:

So, all I can say is that I suppose this personality trait can be an asset around here, as well as an annoyance. I'll try to maximize the former and minimize the latter. :)

lol

When did it become OK again for sellers to request an additional 3% when paying via Paypal? Seeing it all over the marketplace lately.

Is another flame war about the practice necessary?

It is the number one reason that I will never buy from a seller. Just completely uncouth in my book.

Just build it into the price like every retailer in the world does. When I buy shoes at Allen Edmonds they don't let me know what percentage of the price is employee salary or store inventory shrink.

When did it become OK again for sellers to request an additional 3% when paying via Paypal? Seeing it all over the marketplace lately.

Is another flame war about the practice necessary?

Its not my practice either, but in fairness to those who do it, it is the nature of the marketplace that expenses are passed on to the consumer. And even if most do not ask for +3% on a Paypal transaction, I have to believe they have already factored that into their asking price, or, at least, their bottom line discount. 2c