• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Oh, Ok. I was curious, I thought I've seen you guys do that a few times. I was thinking you guys didn't like each other, but at the same time you couldn't stop yourselves from posting.

Nah, I :luhv: Slym. Just giving him mess bc he's being a :cry: because someone stupidly criticized his old avatar so now he's not using any.

:eyeroll:

His Rai avatar was awesome. One of my favorites actually.

:sorry:

-slym

Tell them politely to go pound sand.

There's a polite way to do that?

I find that using a British accent while saying it tends to help in that regard.

So how do you type in a British accent? (:

I bet Madonna knows how.

-slym

Cmon Slym, crawl out of your wormhole and put your avatar back up. That is how we identify you. Well, that and your pleasant online demeanor :)

I think I am starting to enjoy the attention I am getting by not having an avatar.

It makes me post more.

:grin:

-slym

Between this and the Christmas Raffle thread you are heading into 2014 as the front runner for the most popular forum member. HarveySwick would be a close second, but that is only because he will not let any of us forget that he is around. :grin:

I think I am starting to enjoy the attention I am getting by not having an avatar.

It makes me post more.

Between this and the Christmas Raffle thread you are heading into 2014 as the front runner for the most popular forum member. HarveySwick would be a close second, but that is only because he will not let any of us forget that he is around. :grin:

Really? I have to do something about that, then.

:/

-slym

It makes me post more.

-slym

:D

Of course I did say popular and mentioned nothing about actual likability. You could be the Justin Bieber of the Collectors Society. :acclaim:

Anybody who was willing to deal with this "Summer's Eve" special, even when it was shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was a scumbag from day one, deserves what they got.

I guess it's true, cool books at cool prices will make people leave their "morals" at the door. :D

You eviscerated him in there, and I mean that in a good way.

Anybody who was willing to deal with this "Summer's Eve" special, even when it was shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was a scumbag from day one, deserves what they got.

I guess it's true, cool books at cool prices will make people leave their "morals" at the door. :D

And yet, there are still those who thought he deserved a "second chance" :tonofbricks:

How'd Symbiotic's "second chance" work out for him? lol

I'm not going to argue for him, but I do want to be sure we are talking about the same thing. I don't thing anyone who has completed a transaction has a gripe (to my knowledge) the issue in question is his tact (or lack thereof) for approaching the sales threads. Many of the people here got "hustrucked" without ever having encouraged him in any way.

And yet, there are still those who thought he deserved a "second chance" :tonofbricks:

How'd Symbiotic's "second chance" work out for him? lol

If he is going to make up stories to bash one of his competitors then I don't think he should deserve a second chance.

On second thought, if what he said about the his competitor was false, then I think if he were to put out a public apology and post on all of the threads he started stating he lied about the incident to promote his own business, then he might deserve a second chance. Buying books from board members and trying to get his post count up amounts to nothing by brown nosing to me.

Edited by 50AE_DE

At the risk of being called his "friend" again, at what point is this Hustruck venting no longer about venting and more about railing on him for sport. Or is this brought upon by his behavior?

Sometimes you just answer your own question.

I kinda figured this was the answer, hence why I added it to my question. on a side note, I have warned him several times of his actions and how he's being perceived but one can only do so much.

There have been a couple new Boardies I've tried to advise when they were making bad names for themselves...I wasn't at all successful, I think ever! lol

I'm not going to argue for him, but I do want to be sure we are talking about the same thing. I don't thing anyone who has completed a transaction has a gripe (to my knowledge) the issue in question is his tact (or lack thereof) for approaching the sales threads. Many of the people here got "hustrucked" without ever having encouraged him in any way.

If you display shady or erratic behavior in one type of situation, there's no reason to think it won't happen in another. Friend or no.