• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
28 28

35,153 posts in this topic

Anybody who was willing to deal with this "Summer's Eve" special, even when it was shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was a scumbag from day one, deserves what they got.

I guess it's true, cool books at cool prices will make people leave their "morals" at the door. :D

I'm not going to argue for him, but I do want to be sure we are talking about the same thing. I don't thing anyone who has completed a transaction has a gripe (to my knowledge) the issue in question is his tact (or lack thereof) for approaching the sales threads. Many of the people here got "hustrucked" without ever having encouraged him in any way.

If you display shady or erratic behavior in one type of situation, there's no reason to think it won't happen in another. Friend or no.

Yuuuuup

At the risk of being called his "friend" again, at what point is this Hustruck venting no longer about venting and more about railing on him for sport. Or is this brought upon by his behavior?

Sometimes you just answer your own question.

I kinda figured this was the answer, hence why I added it to my question. on a side note, I have warned him several times of his actions and how he's being perceived but one can only do so much.

There have been a couple new Boardies I've tried to advise when they were making bad names for themselves...I wasn't at all successful, I think ever! lol

If there were ever a place that has a long memory and where reputation precedes people, it's this place. Some never learn that lesson.

Tell them politely to go pound sand.

-slym

There's a polite way to do that?

I find that using a British accent while saying it tends to help in that regard.

"Who here likes a good story about a bridge?"

Buzz_Killington.jpg

someone pulled one of my pet peeves a few nights back...

Seller listing some GA Archies...

guy comes in and says "If you have an Archie 50 :takeit:"

now I dont think the seller would have even come close to honoring that move if he was going to list an Archie 50.

but I do wish a seller would call out a buyer when they do this, list the book they're claiming and price tag it 50x market and try to hold the buyer to their claim...

I dont have a problem if someone asks about a book (i.e. "Archie 50?"), but throwing up the pre-emptive :takeit: on a book sans grade or price? I think they're asking for a douchenozzling!

Anybody who was willing to deal with this "Summer's Eve" special, even when it was shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was a scumbag from day one, deserves what they got.

I guess it's true, cool books at cool prices will make people leave their "morals" at the door. :D

I'm not going to argue for him, but I do want to be sure we are talking about the same thing. I don't thing anyone who has completed a transaction has a gripe (to my knowledge) the issue in question is his tact (or lack thereof) for approaching the sales threads. Many of the people here got "hustrucked" without ever having encouraged him in any way.

If you display shady or erratic behavior in one type of situation, there's no reason to think it won't happen in another. Friend or no.

For a second I thought you called him Friend-o.

At the risk of being called his "friend" again, at what point is this Hustruck venting no longer about venting and more about railing on him for sport. Or is this brought upon by his behavior?

There are people here (Cal and Mehdy just to name two) who totally bring it on themselves. They never learn and it appears to the noobs that they are being treated unfairly.

For a second I thought you called him Friend-o.

lol

call-it-friendo.jpg

thems the one!

I get that it was meant as a joke (I guess), but thought it might actually be confusing to either the buyer or seller since they are new, and pirate was so matter of fact about his statement.

but according to him I should *spoon* myself.

I though he was serious (why I came here and asked initially)...