• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

2wlrmm8.gif

having fun are we? hm

Did you see the roast of James Franco?

I think his "Jewish Producer" character stole the show lol

My only advice is to be more careful what you post in sales threads. People are sensitive about them. Think a bit more before you post and stick with the basics like "I'll take it" or "Nice books! GLWS" or possibly specific questions about the condition of the book. Just about anything else runs this risk of looking like thread crapping or being taken as bad form. Especially so for anything regarding the price, whether retail or asking price.

You originally brought attention to yourself with the rant thread, but there's nothing you can do about it now except let it pass. When your name has come up since then, it has been because of questionable behavior in sales threads, which you can discontinue and again, it will pass.

Thanks, I have become friendly with a few people here. I will pose my questions to them so I dont ruffle and feathers, any more so than I already have.

For the next few weeks I shall be walking on eggshells. Def dont wanna end up like the worlds fastest probation member lol

Thanks, I have become friendly with a few people here. I will pose my questions to them so I dont ruffle and feathers, any more so than I already have.

For the next few weeks I shall be walking on eggshells. Def dont wanna end up like the worlds fastest probation member lol

But you got pinked/unpinked/banned in like less than two days on Rogan. That has to be a record there.

Just read through all this. I do apologize for offending anyone.

I do have issues with communicating with people, I have been told this before, I just have to be told what is acceptable and what is not.

To quote Harvey I think it was, I just do not know what is socially acceptable. I would think its more about lacking common sense.

I was very offended by the fact that you think im lying about the work I did. I would be more than happy to take a scan of the journal that has my name listed with the doctors I was working with :)What happened to your military aspirations from last year?

I was also very offened by some of the things that were said about me, I am almost a 1/3 of the age of most of the people here, so please have patience with me.

I want to address the topic of me asking for prices and then saying I dont have $ "delicious" i think was the word used. But it was not mentioned at all that I asked for time payments, and when the time given was not enough time for me I turned down the offer. Everyone just told their 2 cents.

The "ill take it" I put down on the "5" other threads were because the sellers offered me extended time to pay, so I was able to take them up on the offer.

Now I am pretty much set in terms of how much I can afford over the next month so I stopped buying but I do occasionally ask for a price if I am curious to educate myself.

If I am annoying you please just tell me, and I will stop. You are and many have told you not only on this board. I ask a lot of questions because I learn the best when people can explain things to me in a way I understand, just like everyone else. So I ask a lot of questions. It gets irritating, I understand, I just want to be thorough.

I am also trying to absorb as much knowledge as I can and I am very excited to be here so I liek to engage with everyone.

I will slow down because I can see I am moving to fast around here, some people think I am a loon or bat mess crazy because I came in here guns a blazing just trying to vent. The post I wrote was true about getting ripped off that is why when I tried to sell my prices were so high. I took a loss on everything I sold because I got ripped off so bad. Unfortunately, you were gullible and didn't do your research and you overpaid. You had a choice to either buy or not buy the product.

I also want to address the ebay listing that was in such bad taste. It was explained to me over PM, that is very unacceptable. I apologize, I was trying to be something I was not thinking that I would get more sales if I advertised that way. I thought that was JC's recommendation so now you're fessing up and admitting to lying about this? If you see my auctions now they reflect the change I made. All the stuff about someone else telling me to do it that way was just me messing with everyone because I thought thats what everyone was doing to me. I don't think so. They wanted the truth and you lied and tried to throw an innocent dealer under the bus. now I know that this is a tight knit group that looks out for each other. So when an outsider comes in, flags go up and people keep watch.

It is clear to me that some people here just do not like me and dont want to give me a second chance. I hope that in the future you will change you mind. As for the people that have been helping me along and not just making fun of me for the fun of it I appreciate is as this forum is an invaluable tool.

That said, I am learning what to do and what not to do, and I will continue to keep my commitments as my kudos thread reflects and continue to learn as much as I can and build this TMNT run without ruffling anymore feathers.

Let the "Un-HusTrucK' begin. I would like it to be changed to "Athaxed" :)

or

let the flaming of me begin

Either way I take it in stride :angel:

I think the record is a day lol. I know Im not the record there with the farm lol

you listen to the rossanne podcast?

No I don't. It seems people are going down more and more over there. Good luck to you in trying to turn people's opinion. It sucks that you got burned by the dealer. I can imagine if this is how you behave on the boards you might have been a little too much for him which is probably why he kicked you out. BTW there is a thread on Rogan about stories about getting kicked out of stores or something and your story would have been classic.

No I meant the most recent Joe Rogan Experience podcast with Rossanne the comedian.

Im not worried about it. Im gonna town down myself, I think that is the problem. I am a little to much of myself. or maybe alot lol

This comment is not really directed towards HusTruck... but really everyone.

I never could understand why ANYONE would want to air out his/her personal affairs on a chat board.

We all have deaths in our families, sickness, car wrecks, crime related instances, divorce, locust plagues and other various etc. No one is immune to these aspects of daily life.

Is there really any reason why anyone would want to bring it up on a comic related chat board unless it's in your personal journal thread? Usually when it's brought up in the regular threads, two or three flare ups occur publicly. The majority of these flare ups end up sounding like "my sickness is worse than yours" or "my death in the family was more heart wrenching". And it doesn't feel good to read these things, especially when we ALL have dealt with our own losses & problems ourselves.

Perhaps if someone has stated something that offends you in regards to these things, a simple PM would suffice, rather than the usual "raking over the coals" leading to the eventual "pile on" that usually ends in "carryover angst".

Everyone has friends on this board they can PM their problems to. I personally don't feel that everyone needs to know I married my 1st cousin, who was a converted Scientologist vegan, who tore her pinky fingernail off in a freak accident filming a Pepsi commercial sponsored by the Humane Society. It's no one's business but my own, my family, and my personal friends.

Around here, someone would pick into the above scenario and I would be labeled a hillbilly inbred, religion hating, Coke segregationist, "meat is murder" animal lover...and I'm sure homophobic would be tossed in for good measure ;)

I, myself, had a "cancer match" here two years ago that was brought up by another party for no reason at all. All it did was cause hard feelings and bring up bad memories. :(

If a simple PM, won't correct the situation, then by all means, roast away. Just realize that the majority of us don't want to come here to read about the bad aspects of human existence... and just "talk, buy, and sell" comic books.

pizapcom1093027475150302051368664288901_zps8abd1009.jpg

Disclaimer: No offense intended to cousins, scientologists, people with no pinky fingernails, the Humane Society, hillbillies, PETA, homophobic individuals, haters, lovers and Coke or Pepsi

This comment is not really directed towards HusTruck... but really everyone.

I never could understand why ANYONE would want to air out his/her personal affairs on a chat board.

We all have deaths in our families, sickness, car wreaks, crime related instances, divorce, locust plagues and other various etc. No one is immune to these aspects of daily life.

Is there really any reason why anyone would want to bring it up on a comic related chat board unless it's in your personal journal thread? Usually when it's brought up in the regular threads, two or three flare ups occur publicly. The majority of these flare ups end up sounding like "my sickness is worse than yours" or "my death in the family was more heart wrenching". And it doesn't feel good to read these things, especially when we ALL have dealt with our own losses & problems ourselves.

Perhaps if someone has stated something that offends you in regards to these things, a simple PM would suffice, rather than the usual "raking over the coals" leading to the eventual "pile on" that usually ends in "carryover angst".

Everyone has friends on this board they can PM their problems to. I personally don't feel that everyone needs to know I married my 1st cousin, who was a converted Scientologist vegan, who tore her pinky fingernail off in a freak accident filming a Pepsi commercial sponsored by the Humane Society. It's no one's business but my own, my family, and my personal friends.

Around here, someone would pick into the above scenario and I would be labeled a hillbilly inbred, religion hating, Coke segregationist, "meat is murder" animal lover...and I'm sure homophobic would be tossed in for good measure ;)

I, myself, had a "cancer match" here two years ago that was brought up by another party for no reason at all. All it did was cause hard feelings and bring up bad memories. :(

If a simple PM, won't correct the situation, then by all means, roast away. Just realize that the majority of us don't want to come here to read about the bad aspects of human existence... and just "talk, buy, and sell" comic books.

pizapcom1093027475150302051368664288901_zps8abd1009.jpg

Disclaimer: No offense intended to cousins, scientologists, people with no pinky fingernails, the Humane Society, hillbillies, PETA, homophobic individuals, haters, lovers and Coke or Pepsi

I broke my pinky finger a few years ago. I am still offended....

:jokealert: