• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It's closed/deleted now, but when I looked at it this morning, I think it was missing several things such as shipping method as well as the payment method. I don't know if he edited it but I think all it had listed was a scan and the price. (shrug)

The payment method was the only thing missing.

As far as "shipping method" being included, 98% of the threads here fail to give that info. They'll list prices, but the majority of them don't specify media mail, parcel post, priority, UPS, or FedEx. Heck, HusTruck charged $10 for shipping, then told people to PM him if they wanted their slabs shipped in a box, in which case he increased the shipping costs. :tonofbricks:

A buyer may think that with the prices charged for shipping that they're getting priority mail, but I think we've all seen sellers charge priority prices then ship media mail. The best sellers though, are the ones who get all butt-hurtz when you ask for them to ship in a box, even when you're nice enough to offer to pay extra just so the slimeball can buy the box to ship the books in. Then of course, they don't bother to insulate the books in any way inside of the box. :censored:

The noobs and some of the shadier boardies around here are making it where it's not only safer to buy from e-bay, but to also trust Mile High to get accurately graded books. I liked the sales thread a few weeks back, where the seller said all the books were NM/NM+, all the while the bags that the books were in had the Mile High "NM" stickers visible on the majority of the books. :facepalm:

And some people have wondered why more and more of the "long-time" best of the best boardies have all but abandoned buying or selling around here. The close-knit sense of community became diluted, so whereas we rarely see sales threads from BronzeBruce, Flaming Telepath, or hell, even greggy, we now get sales threads from Symbiotic, HusTruck, and whoever else the scamster "flavor" of the day is.

And in the rare cases where we do have honest dealers offering good books at great deals here, we have the "lunatic fringe" lurking about, ready and willing to whine and cry to the mods just because heaven forbid, somebody posted 8%, instead of the 5% they initially stated, in a sales thread in the G/S/B sales area. Whining because you're thread got moved to the mixed section, when the other seller who simply PM'd the mod and explained his case, and got his sales thread moved back into the G/S/B forum, just showed that too many people here get their "Victoria's Secrets" in a knot way too often.

If certain board members would watch out and expose the scammers and shysters around here, instead of continuing to "wage war" with boardies they obviously can't stand, the sales areas would be a lot better off. Instead, we're left with instances where once somebody says something, we pretty much instantly know not only who will post to disagree with them, but that their "posse" will also be sure to follow. It's pretty bad that when certain people post something, you can PM other people and tell them not only who will show up to disagree with them, but also who the sheep will be that will be following the shepherd.

mic_drop_2750.png

Absolutely correct :applause:

Just today I sent a Boardee running a FS thread a PM inquiring if they had certain books, and complimenting on his FS thread. Rather than reply to the PM, they removed themselves from the topic. When I PM'd the person back and stated a simple response would have been courteous, he promptly responded stating (direct quote) "Wasn't worth responding to, which this message isn't either. I get hit with a lot of WTB fishing pms here and it's spam to me.."

meh

Yes, please out them, either PM me or here... this person was an individual_without_enough_empathy that might have done some busines with you and instead turned his nose up without even really reading your message. Not a great way to do business!

-slym

It's closed/deleted now, but when I looked at it this morning, I think it was missing several things such as shipping method as well as the payment method. I don't know if he edited it but I think all it had listed was a scan and the price. (shrug)

The payment method was the only thing missing.

As far as "shipping method" being included, 98% of the threads here fail to give that info. They'll list prices, but the majority of them don't specify media mail, parcel post, priority, UPS, or FedEx. Heck, HusTruck charged $10 for shipping, then told people to PM him if they wanted their slabs shipped in a box, in which case he increased the shipping costs. :tonofbricks:

A buyer may think that with the prices charged for shipping that they're getting priority mail, but I think we've all seen sellers charge priority prices then ship media mail. The best sellers though, are the ones who get all butt-hurtz when you ask for them to ship in a box, even when you're nice enough to offer to pay extra just so the slimeball can buy the box to ship the books in. Then of course, they don't bother to insulate the books in any way inside of the box. :censored:

The noobs and some of the shadier boardies around here are making it where it's not only safer to buy from e-bay, but to also trust Mile High to get accurately graded books. I liked the sales thread a few weeks back, where the seller said all the books were NM/NM+, all the while the bags that the books were in had the Mile High "NM" stickers visible on the majority of the books. :facepalm:

And some people have wondered why more and more of the "long-time" best of the best boardies have all but abandoned buying or selling around here. The close-knit sense of community became diluted, so whereas we rarely see sales threads from BronzeBruce, Flaming Telepath, or hell, even greggy, we now get sales threads from Symbiotic, HusTruck, and whoever else the scamster "flavor" of the day is.

And in the rare cases where we do have honest dealers offering good books at great deals here, we have the "lunatic fringe" lurking about, ready and willing to whine and cry to the mods just because heaven forbid, somebody posted 8%, instead of the 5% they initially stated, in a sales thread in the G/S/B sales area. Whining because you're thread got moved to the mixed section, when the other seller who simply PM'd the mod and explained his case, and got his sales thread moved back into the G/S/B forum, just showed that too many people here get their "Victoria's Secrets" in a knot way too often.

If certain board members would watch out and expose the scammers and shysters around here, instead of continuing to "wage war" with boardies they obviously can't stand, the sales areas would be a lot better off. Instead, we're left with instances where once somebody says something, we pretty much instantly know not only who will post to disagree with them, but that their "posse" will also be sure to follow. It's pretty bad that when certain people post something, you can PM other people and tell them not only who will show up to disagree with them.

Does this mean you agree you crapped in my sales thread?

Nope, especially when you thought, even after repeated warnings, that you were above having to have a reserve price set up when running an auction. (thumbs u

That's an odd comment. I believe that an auction starting at 99 cents and already has bids does not need a "Buy it now". The BIN is essentially irrelevant at that point. It has nothing to do with me or being above anything. I would vote to change that rule for everyone. I would have sold it for 99 cents if it received no other bids.

Repeated warning of which yours was one. There is an approved reminder and you felt it necessary to debate the rules in a sales thread. I didn't even have a chance to react before you commented.

Seems the only person who feels they are above anything is you and in this case your threadcrapping. I actually thought to follow up with you via PM but I see you seem to have an issue with the definition.

Don't mind me. I just want to be here when this thread rolls over the 1000 page mark.

:popcorn:

:banana:

Don't mind me. I just want to be here when this thread rolls over the 1000 page mark.

:popcorn:

:whee:

^^