• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

But the person not following the sales guidelines is lazy, so why stoop to their level? :makepoint:

Do you think by posting that generic template, without specifics, the seller is suddenly going to click on the link and read through all the guidelines to determine WHICH rules they're not following? ;)

The lamest part of the "prepared statement warning" in that thread was that the only rule he didn't follow was rule #9, payment method accepted. He had pictures of the CGC slab, the grade of the book, he listed the sale price, the shipping price, and even mentioned that the first :takeit: in the thread gets the book.

In other words, his sales thread was more in compliance with the rules than 94% of any of the other sales threads around here.

And with his comment in that thread, I wouldn't be surprised if CC wasn't about to take a nice vacation. :insane:

It's closed/deleted now, but when I looked at it this morning, I think it was missing several things such as shipping method as well as the payment method. I don't know if he edited it but I think all it had listed was a scan and the price. (shrug)

quick question

so I purchased a cheap slab and the seller shipped poorly (envelope, with bubble wrap), of course it came in cracked. I assume seller is at fault here for poor shipping correct?

quick question

so I purchased a cheap slab and the seller shipped poorly (envelope, with bubble wrap), of course it came in cracked. I assume seller is at fault here for poor shipping correct?

Definitely. Question though what was he charging on shipping, cheap shipping usually means cheap packaging. Except of course for a few sellers.

Anyone who ships a slab in an envelope instead of in a box is a nincompoop. (And it should be packed well within the box, using lots of peanuts and/or bubblewrap.) Anyone who charges less than $10 to ship a slab is most likely not shipping in a box or is eating some of the cost.

I was wandering if it is ok to sale unaired comic related pilots on here just for the cost of the dvd and shipping, from collector to collector? Know locally I have had alot of people ask me for copies of certain ones and just thought I would ask the feel on selling something like that on this site or if there was interest.

I would assume there are distribution restrictions on unreleased pilots, especially since they are owned in full by the network that ordered them. And I'd assmue the network would retain those distribution rights, or at best they'd revert to the production company that created the pilot.

So I cant see how the answer here would be anything but no.

quick question

Definitely. Question though what was he charging on shipping, cheap shipping usually means cheap packaging. Except of course for a few sellers.

Irrelevant. Poor packing as described above is fully sellers fault. Doesn't matter what the charge is, I could list a book with free shipping, that doesn't mean I am going to put a stamp on the slab and hope it makes it there, or put it in a box and drop it in the ocean. You would think someone here wouldn't ship a slab in a bubble mailer...on other sites can't be too sure though.

But the person not following the sales guidelines is lazy, so why stoop to their level? :makepoint:

Do you think by posting that generic template, without specifics, the seller is suddenly going to click on the link and read through all the guidelines to determine WHICH rules they're not following? ;)

yes

???

Are you agreeing or disagreeing that someone should cite the specific rules?

Yes.

± 1

:ohnoez:

Just to clarify, you never cannot not specify the specific rules.

quick question

Irrelevant. Poor packing as described above is fully sellers fault. Doesn't matter what the charge is, I could list a book with free shipping, that doesn't mean I am going to put a stamp on the slab and hope it makes it there, or put it in a box and drop it in the ocean. You would think someone here wouldn't ship a slab in a bubble mailer...on other sites can't be too sure though.

Wait.... you guys don't ship like this? (shrug)

9uvpkh.jpg

yes

???

Are you agreeing or disagreeing that someone should cite the specific rules?

Yes.

± 1

:ohnoez:

Just to clarify, you never cannot not specify the specific rules.

WORD

quick question

Wait.... you guys don't ship like this? (shrug)

9uvpkh.jpg

shipping was included. still shipped priority so he is covered under his insurance. at the price point i paid which is $35 there is no point to reholder as the book has very little value. i guess refund is my only option.