• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Good thing that Symbiotic was going to take a few months off from selling on these boards.

Good luck to all the boardies who made purchases from that thread. :ohnoez:

I thought the same exact thing. And people were cheering on the sale that were involved in the discussions not too long ago.

doh!

What was the deal with him?

Are you referring to the seller, Symbiotic?

Or are you referring to the cheerleader who was posting suggestions on how to shut this seller down and telling the seller in colorful terms to leave and that nobody wanted his "stuff"?

Symbiotic. I didn't see all that other stuff.

EDIT: I got Symbiotic confused with Solarcadet.

My bad.

Is there any way to put limits on selling in the forums (2 months membership + 100 posts?), either through the software or in the rules?

There are just too many 1-4 post scammers trying to steal money from the forum faithful, and we really have to do something about it.

Is there any way to put limits on selling in the forums (2 months membership + 100 posts?), either through the software or in the rules?

There are just too many 1-4 post scammers trying to steal money from the forum faithful, and we really have to do something about it.

It's been discussed to death, but you have to get everyone on the same wave-length. I have no problem with putting in some kind of rule. Just my opinion though.

On the other hand though, long time members seem to jump at the bit on some of these sales threads. That's they're business too, but it's seemed to have come up on the wrong side too many times around here.

And like I've said before, lets try something. If that doesn't work, we try something else until we find the right mix for everyone. In the meantime, I'll keep my money in my pocket.

It's been discussed to death, but you have to get everyone on the same wave-length. I have no problem with putting in some kind of rule. Just my opinion though.

On the other hand though, long time members seem to jump at the bit on some of these sales threads. That's they're business too, but it's seemed to have come up on the wrong side too many times around here.

And like I've said before, lets try something. If that doesn't work, we try something else until we find the right mix for everyone. In the meantime, I'll keep my money in my pocket.

If you want to do something like this, it's gotta be done at the Boards' software level, which means getting Arch on board.

Edited by Speedy-D

I purchased from Symbiote last August when I knew nothing about him. On a personal level I will not purchase from him again because I do not agree with some of his methods or comments. I will say however that he did ship my Ultimate Spider-Man 1 quickly and well packaged so I would imagine you guys will get your books. I don't think he scams in that way or anything.

To be fair, this could probably be said about a few other people who never get brought up in this thread.

Maybe even someone in the HoS hm I know, you should start a poll to get them voted off :idea:

:roflmao:

I purchased from Symbiote last August when I knew nothing about him. On a personal level I will not purchase from him again because I do not agree with some of his methods or comments. I will say however that he did ship my Ultimate Spider-Man 1 quickly and well packaged so I would imagine you guys will get your books. I don't think he scams in that way or anything.

To be fair, this could probably be said about a few other people who never get brought up in this thread.

Maybe even someone in the HoS hm I know, you should start a poll to get them voted off :idea:

I'm not sure what/who you are talking about.

I thought I was giving you a good suggestion (shrug)

And I am sure if we keep bugging them to play police for us,eventually they'll just take the right to buy and sell away,for raw books anyways I am sure.people just have to do their homework,and there is a gang of great folks on here that keep an eye open for others as well.how long did it take to out the newguy1 today.I know he is not a 'lister' but the patrol is always on.I know I feel way safer here buying than feebay,or even from dealers I know.I always check up on a seller before I make myself a buyer.so should everyone.there are some pretty quick folks with sharp eyes keeping an eye peeled for unsavory sales for me,you and Mr magoo.

Thank you to all of you who do such a great job for everyone.

:whee:

I never say anything not silly,so felt the need to repost this and have two days in a row of me being somewhat serious.don't want everyone thinking I'm all quills and thrills.

I mean,look at me,look at me!I said something! lol

Keep calm carry on.

you take vagueness to a whole new level - I really have no idea what you are talking about with your suggestion.

you take vagueness to a whole new level - I really have no idea what you are talking about with your suggestion.

Don't sweat it, he's talking to himself. :foryou:

If you want to do something like this, it's gotta be done at the Boards' software level, which mans getting Arch on board.

But if it's not possible there, even putting limits in the Guidelines allow users to report said scammers and get the thread removed ASAP. When people see a transgression noted in a sales thread, they are also much less likely to bid foolishly.

If you want to do something like this, it's gotta be done at the Boards' software level, which mans getting Arch on board.

There's no reason to make this complicated. Add rule 14 to the Usage Guidelines stating that sellers require a certain number of posts and time as a member. If someone violates rule 14 we can post the guidelines and mods can pull threads that don't comply

There's no reason to make this complicated. Add rule 14 to the Usage Guidelines stating that sellers require a certain number of posts and time as a member. If someone violates rule 14 we can post the guidelines and mods can pull threads that don't comply

We'd need to get Arch in for that as well...why not just go the software route? I bet it's settings that already exist.

We'd need to get Arch in for that as well...why not just go the software route? I bet it's settings that already exist.

But either way, sounds good to me. I'm through defending the rights of one-posters to hock their wares...it's too much hassle.

Oh I put this in the wrong post

Hey, whats the protocol in changing someones :takeit: in your sales thread?

Page 2 and page 3

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7380091&fpart=2

I have no idea what's going on in that thread. Did someone back out of a deal?

Looks like 8802 put a :takeit: for two of them than asked if he could have them on his own account and than because of todays interaction deleted his :takeit:

I'd imagine it's a lot more work in code but either is fine.