• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

correct Speedy-D. He allowed him to cancel his bids etc.

Joe I know you feel that HusTruck is deserving of some form of punishment for his poor behavior but at what point does following his every action go from monitoring an individual for the best interest of the board vs harassment/stalking etc

You love playing "devil's advocate" don't you? I prefer to call it being an auto contrarian.

I for one appreciate the time Joe takes to find out about these scummers.

I'm sure he would appreciate a "thank you" or nothing at all...as opposed to essentially calling him a stalker. 2c

That's a good point and something that gets lost at time when trying to discuss something.

Actually Joe, I do want to thank you because I was looking at that Brave/Bold he had up, but after your post last week, decided to remove it from my watch list. So you did save me a headache, which is great.

:thumbsup:

as for the "Devil's Advocate". I think it's always important for some opposition. If we all agreed to everything in here, it would not help solidify thoughts, create discussion and help the group come to a consensus. Opposition is one thing, obstruction is another. If I'm guilty of doing the latter, then please point that out.

XoXr3Tq.jpg

Joe I know you feel that HusTruck is deserving of some form of punishment for his poor behavior but at what point does following his every action go from monitoring an individual for the best interest of the board vs harassment/stalking etc

You love playing "devil's advocate" don't you? I prefer to call it being an auto contrarian.

I'm sure he would appreciate a "thank you" or nothing at all...as opposed to essentially calling him a stalker. 2c

That's a good point and something that gets lost at time when trying to discuss something.

Actually Joe, I do want to thank you because I was looking at that Brave/Bold he had up, but after your post last week, decided to remove it from my watch list. So you did save me a headache, which is great.

as for the "Devil's Advocate". I think it's always important for some opposition. If we all agreed to everything in here, it would not help solidify thoughts, create discussion and help the group come to a consensus. Opposition is one thing, obstruction is another. If I'm guilty of doing the latter, then please point that out.

XoXr3Tq.jpg

lol Excellent!

There's nothing wrong with having a different perspective. But when a person has the opposite opinion all the time and it's apparent they're being an auto contrarian...yes, that's annoying and does nothing to further discussion.

There's nothing wrong with having a different perspective. But when a person has the opposite opinion all the time and it's apparent they're being an auto contrarian...yes, that's annoying and does nothing to further discussion.

I really don't want to go more into the subject of "me" - but you have me wrong.

I really don't want to go more into the subject of "me" - but you have me wrong.

Sounds like an auto contrarian to me... (shrug)

Sounds like an auto contrarian to me... (shrug)

you're absolutely right! :wink:

If you want to do something like this, it's gotta be done at the Boards' software level, which mans getting Arch on board.

But if it's not possible there, even putting limits in the Guidelines allow users to report said scammers and get the thread removed ASAP. When people see a transgression noted in a sales thread, they are also much less likely to bid foolishly.

I think you would need something like a consensus before approaching Arch about limiting the ability of new members to sell (or buy). I'm strongly in favor of it, particularly in light of the number of recent scam selling threads. But when it's been discussed in the past there have been some pretty strong objections, so I don't think a consensus is possible.

If you want to do something like this, it's gotta be done at the Boards' software level, which mans getting Arch on board.

But if it's not possible there, even putting limits in the Guidelines allow users to report said scammers and get the thread removed ASAP. When people see a transgression noted in a sales thread, they are also much less likely to bid foolishly.

I think you would need something like a consensus before approaching Arch about limiting the ability of new members to sell (or buy). I'm strongly in favor of it, particularly in light of the number of recent scam selling threads. But when it's been discussed in the past there have been some pretty strong objections, so I don't think a consensus is possible.

I used to object, but now I've flipflopped. So, y'know, that's one less objection. :foryou:

I used to object, but now I've flipflopped. So, y'know, that's one less objection. :foryou:

Or one more flipflop.

(:

lol

I think if Arch responded to Bosco saying he expects us to read the boilerplate warning/links to PL/HOS rather than threadkrapping PL/HOS'ers....it's pretty safe to say that he'd probably also expect those people who don't wish to buy from someone with "less than 100 posts or 30 days on the board" by simply to the left of the body of the sellers post.

lol

I think if Arch responded to Bosco saying he expects us to read the boilerplate warning/links to PL/HOS rather than threadkrapping PL/HOS'ers....it's pretty safe to say that he'd probably also expect those people who don't wish to buy from someone with "less than 100 posts or 30 days on the board" by simply to the left of the body of the sellers post.

Actually, I think that will be the answer.

lol

That post has about as much sense as an empty wallet. doh!

You do realize that no one is complaining about not being able to see their post count, but that these scamming nitwits are mass-infiltrating the boards, making fraudulent use of our goodwill, and ripping off less-careful members.

Even though he charges $10.00 for economy (media mail) shipping. And he doesn't even ship in a box. meh

I can ship bomb proof in a U - Line box for about $4.50 media, with tracking up to 6 - 8 books.

The problem is,he's using bubble ( get you're books bent to h ell ) mailers, and still charging $10 for media. lol

Fixed it, (thumbs u