• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

lol

It's the only piece of furniture I have left since I met my wife. I move it all the time. NFS :)

She does have good taste. The leather couch is to die for.

We have a leather couch, but it has about 80 holes in it. That's the problem with leather, it looks great, but it gets ruined so easy depending on the quality of the leather.

lol

It's the only piece of furniture I have left since I met my wife. I move it all the time. NFS :)

She does have good taste. The leather couch is to die for.

We have a leather couch, but it has about 80 holes in it. That's the problem with leather, it looks great, but it gets ruined so easy depending on the quality of the leather.

Lasted me 15 years until I had kids.

If someone's selling a comic that you want, but they're asking like twice what you think it should go for, do you bother making an offer?

No one else here has a problem asking 50% off, 75% off, 90% off...

If someone's selling a comic that you want, but they're asking like twice what you think it should go for, do you bother making an offer?

It depends on whether "what you think it should go for" is a reasonable number or if it's a G-man special.

i figure go for it, it can't hurt to try.

I've had offers that low accepted. Some sellers want to see if lightning might strike. When it doesn't they are willing to accept offers close to FMV. Sometimes, though, the seller is on top of the market and I'm way behind it. :D

So, what response did you get?

Just be careful. Aside from bad pics, likely over-graded books and prices that aren't in touch with reality his listing seems in compliant with guidelines. Lack of paypal doesn't make the listing outside of guidelines, just makes sales unlikely. Hate to see anyone get a strike for thread krapping...

Just be careful. Aside from bad pics, likely over-graded books and prices that aren't in touch with reality his listing seems in compliant with guidelines. Lack of paypal doesn't make the listing outside of guidelines, just makes sales unlikely. Hate to see anyone get a strike for thread krapping...

in any event just PM the seller if you have concerns, comments etc. Plenty of other sellers are guilty of all those things(bad pics, over graded books, prices out of touch) yet I don't see the same comments being made.

also plenty of other sellers don't take paypa, Rube11 is one example but there are more.

Is there any reason someone wouldnt have a paypal account?

If you have a bank account you can have paypal.

If you have a credit card or debit card you can have paypal

under what scenario could you not have life together enough to have paypal?

Or can people LOSE their paypal accounts through misdeeds? (I dont know mk's situation, Im just trying to think in general terms why/how someone wouldnt have paypal)

[and I get the deisre to avoid it and the fees, but this isnt that, this is just not being able to have paypal.