• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I sell a book as a 7.0 and low and behold it reappears as a "9.2" with no evidence of being pressed. No problem really, I am glad someone thinks I undergrade :banana:

Just bothers me that the same person complained that I can't grade, so I refunded him all his money for this lot (including the magic 9.2 book) and told him to keep the books I want him to be happy.

He then bumps it to a 9.2 and flips it here on the boards (it is in the same mylar and full back i sent him so i know it is the same book)

Still not a problem, but he paints a bad picture of me in my WTB thread as 'blocking him" unnecessarily.

For the record, I believe I have a good reason to block him.

Deja vu.

He did the same thing to me. Complained about books being inaccurately graded, wanted a partial refund. I only had a few dollars in the books (dollar box finds) and the transaction wasn't for a whole lot of money (less than 50 bucks) so I agreed on a partial instead of a return and full refund. I suggested 10 or 15, he wanted 20. I said ok whatever, just to be done with it. I make a WTB thread, he can't figure out why I blocked him after I didn't want to make an offer on his books sight unseen. Reading his posts in this thread and seeing other people's thoughts about him just my confirmed my suspicions as a character to avoid.

Now 4 confirmed cases. :popcorn:

Now it makes sense why he prefers to do "trades" rather than actually buy or sell. He over-grades what he sends to his trading partner, and if they complain, just tells them that they don't know how to grade, and that they're just trying to cheat him by under-grading the books . When he receives his books, miraculously, they're over-graded, and then most likely insists that he should either receive additional books to make up the perceived "value" that he lost, or just send a partial refund through paypal. hm

But hey, scamming NP wasn't wrong or anything, after all, it put food on the table for him and his family! :D

Remember kids, knowing that being untruthful or unethical isn't wrong as long as you profit from somebody else's loss!

and in honor of GIJOEISAWESOME.....

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE! :D

I've been getting feedback that he bullies sellers into partial refunds from a few sources recently. I actually had a PM with him earlier in the week and told him I was getting negative reports. :(

He sounds like the type of loser that would claim that Flaming_Telepath over-grades, when it's a known fact that he's a perpetual under-grader. lol

I've been getting feedback that he bullies sellers into partial refunds from a few sources recently. I actually had a PM with him earlier in the week and told him I was getting negative reports. :(

But...it's all about enjoying the hobby with other collectors and building relationships...

Yup. Branget is here to increase post count and sell. He is obviously not here to build relationships or truly enjoy the hobby with other collectors. At least publicly. He's already screwed that up.

But...it's all about enjoying the hobby with other collectors and building relationships...

Yup. Branget is here to increase post count and sell. He is obviously not here to build relationships or truly enjoy the hobby with other collectors. At least publicly. He's already screwed that up.

And 24 hours later, GIJOEISAWESOME has managed to mangle his rep here more than a lot of other scuzz-balls that have ever come through here could ever hope to. :insane:

And 24 hours later, GIJOEISAWESOME has managed to mangle his rep here more than a lot of other scuzz-balls that have ever come through here could ever hope to. :insane:

Wow, I'm not reading through the 400 posts since yesterday but I'm assuming by the couple of pages I've skimmed that someone has some explaining to do.

I like the fact that you flip multiple books, with huge markups, while overgrading them, within days of buying them, on the same boards that have guys who can spot a book they sold at a con in '86.

Wow, I'm not reading through the 400 posts since yesterday but I'm assuming by the couple of pages I've skimmed that someone has some explaining to do.

I like the fact that you flip multiple books, with huge markups, while overgrading them, within days of buying them, on the same boards that have guys who can spot a book they sold at a con in '86.

This is why I like you.You shoot from the hip,no BS. :applause:

Except when it comes to children's birthday parties, then he's all over the map.

Anyone have any experience with a Jason Sloven of Bayside New York?

He wanted to trade me for my DC Presents 47 CGC 9.8 for a Hulk 181 raw.

I told him to give me money instead. He said no. I said give me money and the Hulk 181 he said he wanted some kind of security.

So I sent the book with tracking, all the while getting annoying e-mails when I don't respond within 20 minutes to his e-mails. e-mails like this

"???"

So anyways, today I get this message.

"Hey just wanted to let you know I have to open a claim with paypal. The usps website says the package was delivered at about 3pm but the mail already arrived and I did not receive anything and no packages were at my door. Thanks"

Discuss.

To me if a book being sent is as expensive as a Hulk 181 I would of definitely added Signature Confirmation. But that's just me. Sorry Jimmy

The book was $250.

I mention the hulk181 only because why would you trade a hulk 181 for a DC Presents 47 CGC 9.8?

Jimmy $250 is enough to add Signature. PayPal encourages it.

I don't know what DC presents 47 is. Sorry. :shy: Not much of a DC fan lol

When did paypal demand signature protection for purchases of $250 USD or above or $330 Canadian?

They gave him a refund within 20 minutes of me providing the tracking information.

This is wildly_fanciful_statement.

Money has been taken out of my account.

Tracking: CX508239617CA

I have had USPS update tracking as delivered a few times recently and then they did not deliver it for another 2-3 days.

Except when it comes to children's birthday parties, then he's all over the map.

:lol:

That's the snow's fault you filthy animal.

Anyone have any experience with a Jason Sloven of Bayside New York?

He wanted to trade me for my DC Presents 47 CGC 9.8 for a Hulk 181 raw.

I told him to give me money instead. He said no. I said give me money and the Hulk 181 he said he wanted some kind of security.

So I sent the book with tracking, all the while getting annoying e-mails when I don't respond within 20 minutes to his e-mails. e-mails like this

"???"

So anyways, today I get this message.

"Hey just wanted to let you know I have to open a claim with paypal. The usps website says the package was delivered at about 3pm but the mail already arrived and I did not receive anything and no packages were at my door. Thanks"

Discuss.

To me if a book being sent is as expensive as a Hulk 181 I would of definitely added Signature Confirmation. But that's just me. Sorry Jimmy

The book was $250.

I mention the hulk181 only because why would you trade a hulk 181 for a DC Presents 47 CGC 9.8?

Jimmy $250 is enough to add Signature. PayPal encourages it.

I don't know what DC presents 47 is. Sorry. :shy: Not much of a DC fan lol

When did paypal demand signature protection for purchases of $250 USD or above or $330 Canadian?

They gave him a refund within 20 minutes of me providing the tracking information.

This is wildly_fanciful_statement.

Money has been taken out of my account.

Tracking: CX508239617CA

I have had USPS update tracking as delivered a few times recently and then they did not deliver it for another 2-3 days.

I've had that happen too. Even had a package delivered, signed for by front desk, picked back up and delivered again the next day. That guy should have given it an extra day or two, Jimmy.

:lol:

That's the snow's fault you filthy animal.

:grin::baiting:

If you know me, you know I rarely buy and sell.

Or trade equal value. :whistle:

Sometimes trades are even, sometimes not. It's called making money. The comic industry supplies about 50% of my families money. It puts the food on the table for my sons. It's awesome.

Curiouser and curiouser...

tumblr_lmji8vv3jc1qiz3j8o1_400-596f713f9a7376fe90a62abaaedecc2d.gif

I sell a book as a 7.0 and low and behold it reappears as a "9.2" with no evidence of being pressed. No problem really, I am glad someone thinks I undergrade :banana:

Just bothers me that the same person complained that I can't grade, so I refunded him all his money for this lot (including the magic 9.2 book) and told him to keep the books I want him to be happy.

He then bumps it to a 9.2 and flips it here on the boards (it is in the same mylar and full back i sent him so i know it is the same book)

Still not a problem, but he paints a bad picture of me in my WTB thread as 'blocking him" unnecessarily.

Deja vu.

He did the same thing to me. Complained about books being inaccurately graded, wanted a partial refund. I only had a few dollars in the books (dollar box finds) and the transaction wasn't for a whole lot of money (less than 50 bucks) so I agreed on a partial instead of a return and full refund. I suggested 10 or 15, he wanted 20. I said ok whatever, just to be done with it. I make a WTB thread, he can't figure out why I blocked him after I didn't want to make an offer on his books sight unseen. Reading his posts in this thread and seeing other people's thoughts about him just my confirmed my suspicions as a character to avoid.

+5 incoming. i would try to lay out my case but this is it almost exactly. good riddance to bad rubbish.

Edited by paperheart

Deja vu.

+5 incoming. i would try to lay out my case but this is it almost exactly. good riddance to bad rubbish.

Looks like GIJOE isn't so AWESOME.

Deja vu.

Yikes! If he claimed that you overgraded, that doesn't bode well for him.

Over the course of yesterday and today, I sold GIJOEISAWESOME $150+ in raw books via PM. He's paid for the books and agreed to a return policy with non refundable two way shipping charges in case of a return and no partial refunds(more detailed in PM but that's the concise version).

This is our first transaction. Sale was agreed upon on 2/5th, before any of this discussion, and paid in full today via paypal.

The timing of everything has put me in a weird spot. I would not have completed this deal if the PM negotiations had started a day later.