• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Why can't two parties work this stuff out through P.M.s or a telephone call. If someone is not happy with the assigned grades on a book, send them back for a refund, plain and simple. If you're grading needs some fine tuning, talk with someone who can help you fine tune it. (shrug)

Run a test. Sell books to GI and follow your advice. Let me know how it works out. :)

I've sold lots on this board, and only had to do a partial refund 2 times. One because of bad packaging, (I was new) and one because of a grade disagreement.

And how many times have you complained about what you bought and asked threatened to try and get a partial refund?

tumblr_lnm155NT4A1qdq5u6.gif

+

lovatopopcorn_zps7007012c.gif

I swear, I peruse these threads before I even THINK of opening a FS thread these days! Reputable sellers are rarer but extremely valued.

Dan

I'm going to start perusing these before I buy books. I don't want to end up with someone's overgraded flipped undergraded book. :ohnoez:

Why can't two parties work this stuff out through P.M.s or a telephone call. If someone is not happy with the assigned grades on a book, send them back for a refund, plain and simple. If you're grading needs some fine tuning, talk with someone who can help you fine tune it. (shrug)

Run a test. Sell books to GI and follow your advice. Let me know how it works out. :)

I've sold lots on this board, and only had to do a partial refund 2 times. One because of bad packaging, (I was new) and one because of a grade disagreement.

And how many times have you complained about what you bought and asked threatened to try and get a partial refund?

tumblr_lnm155NT4A1qdq5u6.gif

+

lovatopopcorn_zps7007012c.gif

I received PM's about 2 similar transactions before this one came up. I believe that qualifies as a trend.

I suck at grading, looks like my Avengers #181 just got a grade bump as well :banana:

How did this transaction go down when it came to the refund? Did GIJOEISAWESOME point out the books appeared overgraded and you refunded his money immediately, or was there more to it? He made it sound like he pointed out certain defects that would keep the book from the condition noted, you immediately refunded the money, told him to keep the books, and deleted yourself from the PM.

Is that how it happened?

I swear, I peruse these threads before I even THINK of opening a FS thread these days! Reputable sellers are rarer but extremely valued.

Dan

I'm going to start perusing these before I buy books. I don't want to end up with someone's overgraded flipped undergraded book. :ohnoez:

lol

Anyone have any experience with a Jason Sloven of Bayside New York?

He wanted to trade me for my DC Presents 47 CGC 9.8 for a Hulk 181 raw.

I told him to give me money instead. He said no. I said give me money and the Hulk 181 he said he wanted some kind of security.

So I sent the book with tracking, all the while getting annoying e-mails when I don't respond within 20 minutes to his e-mails. e-mails like this

"???"

So anyways, today I get this message.

"Hey just wanted to let you know I have to open a claim with paypal. The usps website says the package was delivered at about 3pm but the mail already arrived and I did not receive anything and no packages were at my door. Thanks"

Discuss.