• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

ugh I want to talk but I don't want to talk.

This is terrible about GIJOE but in reality its not all that bad. You guys agreed to send him partial refunds and listened to his negotiations. If I were you I would have told him to pound sand. 2c

Except that's only a part of what he was doing.

This is terrible about GIJOE but in reality its not all that bad. You guys agreed to send him partial refunds and listened to his negotiations. If I were you I would have told him to pound sand. 2c

I see where you're coming from, but I think the context changes when we go from a single transaction to a pattern of behavior. Each person he dealt with assumed it was an isolated incident, perhaps questioned if maybe they were off about the price or the grade, better safe than sorry, send the guy a partial refund.

When it comes to light that he's doing it to everyone, they feel cheated.

I love his sales terms.... hm

:rulez:No probies, no HOSers. I will combine shipping with my Silver and Bronze thread which you should go check out now because there is a LOT of stuff in their.

Shipping is exact cost media, payment accepted via paypal only. I hope to add more, so stay tuned.

I ALSO OFFER A 5% discount if we have done business before.

And the comics :banana:

What, he doesn't sell to what will most likely be his "new neighbors?"

At least he offers a 5% "discount" to those he's grifted for over 50% off in some cases. :D

meh

I sell a book as a 7.0 and low and behold it reappears as a "9.2" with no evidence of being pressed. No problem really, I am glad someone thinks I undergrade :banana:

Just bothers me that the same person complained that I can't grade, so I refunded him all his money for this lot (including the magic 9.2 book) and told him to keep the books I want him to be happy.

He then bumps it to a 9.2 and flips it here on the boards (it is in the same mylar and full back i sent him so i know it is the same book)

Still not a problem, but he paints a bad picture of me in my WTB thread as 'blocking him" unnecessarily.

For the record, I believe I have a good reason to block him.

Deja vu.

He did the same thing to me. Complained about books being inaccurately graded, wanted a partial refund. I only had a few dollars in the books (dollar box finds) and the transaction wasn't for a whole lot of money (less than 50 bucks) so I agreed on a partial instead of a return and full refund. I suggested 10 or 15, he wanted 20. I said ok whatever, just to be done with it. I make a WTB thread, he can't figure out why I blocked him after I didn't want to make an offer on his books sight unseen. Reading his posts in this thread and seeing other people's thoughts about him just my confirmed my suspicions as a character to avoid.

Now 4 confirmed cases. :popcorn:

+5 incoming. i would try to lay out my case but this is it almost exactly. good riddance to bad rubbish.

That's nuts - I'd buy books from you sight unseen any day of the week.

I would only buy from me sight unseen any day of the week because I'm just that awesome.

Yes, let's make this thread about me. :banana:

I'd buy books sight unseen from you too - but you keep sending your junk to comiclink :makepoint:

I haven't graded any junky Daredevils in ages. No one likes those books.

I sell a book as a 7.0 and low and behold it reappears as a "9.2" with no evidence of being pressed. No problem really, I am glad someone thinks I undergrade :banana:

Just bothers me that the same person complained that I can't grade, so I refunded him all his money for this lot (including the magic 9.2 book) and told him to keep the books I want him to be happy.

He then bumps it to a 9.2 and flips it here on the boards (it is in the same mylar and full back i sent him so i know it is the same book)

Still not a problem, but he paints a bad picture of me in my WTB thread as 'blocking him" unnecessarily.

Deja vu.

He did the same thing to me. Complained about books being inaccurately graded, wanted a partial refund. I only had a few dollars in the books (dollar box finds) and the transaction wasn't for a whole lot of money (less than 50 bucks) so I agreed on a partial instead of a return and full refund. I suggested 10 or 15, he wanted 20. I said ok whatever, just to be done with it. I make a WTB thread, he can't figure out why I blocked him after I didn't want to make an offer on his books sight unseen. Reading his posts in this thread and seeing other people's thoughts about him just my confirmed my suspicions as a character to avoid.

+5 incoming. i would try to lay out my case but this is it almost exactly. good riddance to bad rubbish.

I would only buy from me sight unseen any day of the week because I'm just that awesome.

CaptainAmericaAnnual4.jpg

hm

You know that book deserved a better grade so FU

Deja vu.

I'd buy books sight unseen from you too - but you keep sending your junk to comiclink :makepoint:

I haven't graded any junky Daredevils in ages. No one likes those books.

:whistle:

Just to clarify, GIJOE complained about the grading on avengers #181.

I did delete the message, but lucky for me I have my messages sent to my email. This is the e-mail copy of the message

You have received a private message at Collectors Society Message Boards. The contents of this private message follows:

The grade on one of the MP 48's and the Avengers 181 were a little off.

You can go to http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=login to reply to this message.

Yet he chose to 'bump" the avengers #181. in his sales thread.

He is on permanent ignore

Well I just received another PM. In this case the seller refused a partial. I believe we're up to 6 cases?

I have no reason to believe that he didn't sell all of them as a higher grade.

Anyone have any experience with a Jason Sloven of Bayside New York?

He wanted to trade me for my DC Presents 47 CGC 9.8 for a Hulk 181 raw.

I told him to give me money instead. He said no. I said give me money and the Hulk 181 he said he wanted some kind of security.

So I sent the book with tracking, all the while getting annoying e-mails when I don't respond within 20 minutes to his e-mails. e-mails like this

"???"

So anyways, today I get this message.

"Hey just wanted to let you know I have to open a claim with paypal. The usps website says the package was delivered at about 3pm but the mail already arrived and I did not receive anything and no packages were at my door. Thanks"

Discuss.

To me if a book being sent is as expensive as a Hulk 181 I would of definitely added Signature Confirmation. But that's just me. Sorry Jimmy

The book was $250.

I mention the hulk181 only because why would you trade a hulk 181 for a DC Presents 47 CGC 9.8?

Jimmy $250 is enough to add Signature. PayPal encourages it.

I don't know what DC presents 47 is. Sorry. :shy: Not much of a DC fan lol

When did paypal demand signature protection for purchases of $250 USD or above or $330 Canadian?

They gave him a refund within 20 minutes of me providing the tracking information.

This is wildly_fanciful_statement.

Money has been taken out of my account.

Tracking: CX508239617CA

It's not over yet, Jimmy. 2c Call up PayPal and complain your case. You'll very likely get someone who will tell you that because you didn't get a signature, they cannot side with you. Then you will ask to speak to a manager. Insist on it if they give you any grief. Then you tell them your whole story and that you're very surprised that the guy can get the item and get his money back. Complain, say it makes no sense, say you think they made their decision in haste and that this needs to be investigated further. If this person still isn't helping, you will ask for her manager. Insist on it, because you have just been the victim of fraud and that they are supporting it by giving this guy his money back. Remind them about how long you have been a faithful supporter of PayPal.

Anyway, keep at it. If they tell you that they'll look into it further, they very likely will. You should be able to get a portion of your money back, or (hopefully) the full amount.

Good luck.

Well I just received another PM. In this case the seller refused a partial. I believe we're up to 6 cases?

No one ever tries to mess with me. (shrug)

No one ever tries to mess with me. (shrug)

I would try but I just don't have the time it would take to get you to submit. :devil:

I'm not sour over my transaction with him. It involved dollar books (my price paid anyway), which is why I gave him a great deal to begin with and didn't bother arguing with him over a refund. I'm not looking to be reimbursed or to get the books back. I simply brought this up because his "questionable" behavior was cited by others. This type of nonsense isn't something I really want to deal with, and I'm guessing other board members don't want to either. At the very least they now have relevant information when deciding whether to conduct business with him or not.

so yeah I had a similar incident but it was different and really upsets me.

Screenshot2014-02-07at123041AM_zpseace5307.png

one message missed by me I apologize. I suggest a trade and say I asked $150 for both slabs.

Screenshot2014-02-07at123137AM_zpsff1c9fb0.png

Screenshot2014-02-07at123149AM_zpsf167c11e.png

Screenshot2014-02-07at123219AM_zps4103b52f.png

Now remember that I'm almost always high.

Screenshot2014-02-07at123233AM_zpsa2714de1.png

Did he really put a value of $5 on a CGC 9.6 SS 2nd print? Wow.

Hey Jeff

The reason I didn't say hello is because I had better things to do like line up and witness sigs. :baiting:

Plus, Drew only told me who you where after the fact two years ago.

Did I tell you that I was busy?

You should try it. :baiting:

You can say hi to me.

I'm not hard to find.

xoxo

greggy

lol

I have no idea what you look like. Perhaps you shouldn't work so hard.

xoxo

Jeff

photo-3.jpg

Via pm from a very reputable source, i have received this pic of GIJOEISAWESOME at his computer, deep in the midst of a negotiation

cobra_computer.JPG

I KNEW IT!!!

I see where you're coming from, but I think the context changes when we go from a single transaction to a pattern of behavior. Each person he dealt with assumed it was an isolated incident, perhaps questioned if maybe they were off about the price or the grade, better safe than sorry, send the guy a partial refund.

When it comes to light that he's doing it to everyone, they feel cheated. robbed

that's about the gist of it.