• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I had 1 trade with him and is was a fine transaction. We both got what we wanted. Can't really comment on his cash deals and him being unhappy with grades.

The books I traded him were 9.6 - 9.8 and he seemed very happy. But no money changed hands.

Not sure what the heck is going on with all this overstating the grades.

Edited by faster friends

Branget just got button humped into a week's vacation. lol

What does instigation mean here?

Don't you think that the Mods should maybe look at each individual strike they are about to hand out and see if it is indeed warranted?

Ok maybe not all, I saw the video that Walt_Flanagan posted and thought wow this should not be on this board.

Edited by vader2001

I would like to clarify, I stated that 2 of the Marvel Premiere 48's were slightly lower grade. NOT Marvel Premiere 47. I also stated in the same post to wait until I got home for further detail..

Just trying to get this straight ...

You bought 2 copies of MP #48 from Gresham and complained to him that they were overgraded. But in your latest sales thread those copies were listed at a higher grade than the one Gresham originally assigned?

Here's what he bought...

Avengers #181 about a Fine, would be better but there is thumb tip stain on the bottom edge of the back cover, some sort of residue there, but does not show up on the insider cover.

Marvel Premiere #47 about 7.0 improvable with non-color breaking creases

Marvel Premiere #48 - 4 copies

copy "A" Newstand copy printers defect on corner with white area visible in the upper corner about an 8.0 (improvable)

copy "B" direct About a 6.0 more creasing

copy "C" direct About an 8.0 (improvable)

copy "D" direct About a 4.0 some moisture rippling throughout the book, some minor staining as well.

Let's start at $60.00

Now, in the new sales thread:

The 181 is a 7.0

The MP 47 was 9.0/9.2

And he's mentioned the 48's were 5.5 to 9.0 but the references in the thread are gone now.

Then there's the issue of the several noted occasions when he made claims of overgrading to obtain partial refunds from other boardies.

I've done about 100 transactions here on the boards on the buying or trading side. I deal almost solely with raw books. There are bound to be errors somewhere. I personally far prefer to issue a partial refund than a return.

Where'd the 48's go from the sales thread?

This question is actually one of the more disturbing ones to me. The MP 48's were some of the books he was complaining about the grades on. And now they have conveniently been deleted from his sales thread in what seems to be an obvious attempt to cover up evidence. :boo:

Over the course of yesterday and today, I sold GIJOEISAWESOME $150+ in raw books via PM. He's paid for the books and agreed to a return policy with non refundable two way shipping charges in case of a return and no partial refunds(more detailed in PM but that's the concise version).

This is our first transaction. Sale was agreed upon on 2/5th, before any of this discussion, and paid in full today via paypal.

The timing of everything has put me in a weird spot. I would not have completed this deal if the PM negotiations had started a day later.

If you have not shipped the books yet, I am sure that GIJOEISAWESOME would be delighted and relieved if he didn't have to go through with this purchase. You see...he now owes a substantial amount of money due to a medical issue that has just come up...and he has been forced to start selling some of his books that he was wanting to keep.

I agree with this. At the same time tho, I did not buy this to flip it, I bought it for my own collection. I would keep the best 48, and sell of the 3 48 under copies. Then something came up. I now owe a substantial amount of money due to a medical issue on Monday, so I began listing many books, even books I wanted to keep-including these.

I can only assume it came out of "Cheapgate." :ohnoez:

had to have been. hopefully, it's not for getting the ball rolling on shining the light on cockroachJoe

It is not the first time he pulled that attack, though not in this area. So if this is the case, I hope his vacation gives him time to reflect on what he did.

Playing around with someone's buying and selling credibility is not a sport to letter in. Save that for the bozos that are coming here as scammers, and getting caught at their games.

2) If it can be proved in one instance (or a half dozen it seems) that he claimed (for illustration purposes) that a book he bought as 6.0 was a 5.0 in order to get a partial refund from the buyer and then resold it here as a 7.0, I think we've got some serious list material. That's fraud. He defrauded the person he bought it from by inducing a refund from them by lying about the grade and it is proven to be a lie when the books are resold at a higher grade immediately thereafter. If any of that can be shown an corroborated you've got MORE than enough to list him. WAY more.

This looks a little like proof:

In NP_Gresham's original sales thread, he listed his Avengers #181 as being in 6.0 (Fine Condition).

And here is the scan he provided in his thread:

Scan60_zpsf2095569.jpeg

Then in this post, NP_Gresham reveals that he still has the email copy of the PM from GIJOEISAWESOME where GIJOE states:

"The grade on one of the MP 48's and the Avengers 181 were a little off." (claiming they are over graded, in what has now been shown as a pattern to induce a partial refund from the seller).

And finally...in GIJOE's sales thread here, you will see the same book now for sale by him, except the grade on it is now 7.0/7.5 (after he complained to NP_Gresham that it was over graded as a 6.0). And if you check the scan from his sales thread shown below...you'll clearly see it is the same book.

morestuffforcgcboards2_zps6c02113d.jpg

2) If it can be proved in one instance (or a half dozen it seems) that he claimed (for illustration purposes) that a book he bought as 6.0 was a 5.0 in order to get a partial refund from the buyer and then resold it here as a 7.0, I think we've got some serious list material. That's fraud. He defrauded the person he bought it from by inducing a refund from them by lying about the grade and it is proven to be a lie when the books are resold at a higher grade immediately thereafter. If any of that can be shown an corroborated you've got MORE than enough to list him. WAY more.

This looks a little like proof:

In NP_Gresham's original sales thread, he listed his Avengers #181 as being in 6.0 (Fine Condition).

And here is the scan he provided in his thread:

Scan60_zpsf2095569.jpeg

Then in this post, NP_Gresham reveals that he still has the email copy of the PM from GIJOEISAWESOME where GIJOE states:

"The grade on one of the MP 48's and the Avengers 181 were a little off." (claiming they are over graded, in what has now been shown as a pattern to induce a partial refund from the seller).

And finally...in GIJOE's sales thread here, you will see the same book now for sale by him, except the grade on it is now 7.0/7.5 (after he complained to NP_Gresham that it was over graded as a 6.0). And if you check the scan from his sales thread shown below...you'll clearly see it is the same book.

morestuffforcgcboards2_zps6c02113d.jpg

well thats certainly the same book...

This is from a PM trying to buy some books.

Freaking cheapskate ;)

I had no idea my buying and selling credibility was being impugned. Which mod is currently handling these infractions?

Edited by seanfingh

I would like to clarify, I stated that 2 of the Marvel Premiere 48's were slightly lower grade. NOT Marvel Premiere 47. I also stated in the same post to wait until I got home for further detail..

Just trying to get this straight ...

You bought 2 copies of MP #48 from Gresham and complained to him that they were overgraded. But in your latest sales thread those copies were listed at a higher grade than the one Gresham originally assigned?

Here's what he bought...

Avengers #181 about a Fine, would be better but there is thumb tip stain on the bottom edge of the back cover, some sort of residue there, but does not show up on the insider cover.

Marvel Premiere #47 about 7.0 improvable with non-color breaking creases

Marvel Premiere #48 - 4 copies

copy "A" Newstand copy printers defect on corner with white area visible in the upper corner about an 8.0 (improvable)

copy "B" direct About a 6.0 more creasing

copy "C" direct About an 8.0 (improvable)

copy "D" direct About a 4.0 some moisture rippling throughout the book, some minor staining as well.

Let's start at $60.00

Now, in the new sales thread:

The 181 is a 7.0

The MP 47 was 9.0/9.2

And he's mentioned the 48's were 5.5 to 9.0 but the references in the thread are gone now.

Then there's the issue of the several noted occasions when he made claims of overgrading to obtain partial refunds from other boardies.

I've done about 100 transactions here on the boards on the buying or trading side. I deal almost solely with raw books. There are bound to be errors somewhere. I personally far prefer to issue a partial refund than a return.

Where'd the 48's go from the sales thread?

This question is actually one of the more disturbing ones to me. The MP 48's were some of the books he was complaining about the grades on. And now they have conveniently been deleted from his sales thread in what seems to be an obvious attempt to cover up evidence. :boo:

Yes it is.

I asked Lawrence which copy and at which stated grade was the MP 48 he was going to buy from the thread.

That information would help.

GIJOE already stated that the copies he was selling were 5.5 to 9.0 when the copies NP sold him were 4.0 to 8.0. So that's one anecdote.