• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It looks like GIJOE already has another forum account, and a Ebay one as well.
Another account here?
No on the CBCA forum he has the same screen name that he used here.

I noticed a thread he started over there during his strike induced 1 week vacation from here.

Thread Subject: A weird question regarding comic reading and my empty wallet.

His question: OK, I am finding myself with some time on my hands. Is there a way to make money buy reading comics? Writing reviews after reading them? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance ya'll!

doh!

He immediately started using some of the same tactics in his first post over there too.

His first post: I'm GIJOEISAWESOME from the other CGC boards. Joined cuz this place looks fun. Hi! Oh, my name is Bryan but I like to go by Lee.

He immediately started using some of the same tactics in his first post over there too.

His first post: I'm GIJOEISAWESOME from the other CGC boards. Joined cuz this place looks fun. Hi! Oh, my name is Bryan but I like to go by Lee.

He most likely knew that he couldn't have his own paypal account and that his Dad's name would come up early in deals so he needed to lay the ground work from the get go.

It looks like GIJOE already has another forum account, and a Ebay one as well.
Another account here?
No on the CBCA forum he has the same screen name that he used here.

I noticed a thread he started over there during his strike induced 1 week vacation from here.

Thread Subject: A weird question regarding comic reading and my empty wallet.

His question: OK, I am finding myself with some time on my hands. Is there a way to make money buy reading comics? Writing reviews after reading them? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance ya'll!

doh!

He wanted to be a ...dun, dun, dun........... PAID BLOGGER :ohnoez:

Sorry, that's a Vault Grading cross post lol

12 year boy messaging grown adult males asking them personal questions. Someone should call "How to Catch a Predator" he needs to stopped.

He did this to me as well, asking what I term "first date questions." I told him things that are easy to find even here on this site (the state I live in) but he asked for birthdates and other personal things I felt very uncomfortable giving anyone over the internet, for the most part.

Anyone else have this bit of personal-info-mining happen to them?

-slym

Yep.

This boy's father can hide behind the defense of "my kid did it all on his own", but in the end if things aren't made right to everyone, he's going to be legally responsible for his minor son's actions.

Just laying it out there so he knows what the deal is.

And all you grown men on here can stop crying about some young child treating the back issue marketplace like a -- GASP -- a commodities market. Your mewling about the "pure love" for this "art form" is pretty pathetic.

Bottom line is, the kid's got game and if he wants to, he'll be a dealer in this hobby and a pretty successful one too. But my guess is that he's going to be playing in bigger ponds than this hobby once he gets his feet under him.

12 year boy messaging grown adult males asking them personal questions. Someone should call "How to Catch a Predator" he needs to stopped.

He did this to me as well, asking what I term "first date questions." I told him things that are easy to find even here on this site (the state I live in) but he asked for birthdates and other personal things I felt very uncomfortable giving anyone over the internet, for the most part.

Yep.

That's three of us... bound to be more...

:eek:

-slym

Yep.

That's three of us... bound to be more...

:eek:

-slym

:hi: He tried me, but I think I weirded him out.

This boy's father can hide behind the defense of "my kid did it all on his own", but in the end if things aren't made right to everyone, he's going to be legally responsible for his minor son's actions.

And all you grown men on here can stop crying about some young child treating the back issue marketplace like a -- GASP -- a commodities market. Your mewling about the "pure love" for this "art form" is pretty pathetic.

Bottom line is, the kid's got game and if he wants to, he'll be a dealer in this hobby and a pretty successful one too. But my guess is that he's going to be playing in bigger ponds than this hobby once he gets his feet under him.

For the record as one of the pathetic mewlers, it depresses me when adults turn this art form into a commodities exchange, let alone a twelve year old.

My guess is if he keeps going the way he's going he could end up eventually plying his trade in bigger ponds like Attica or Sing Sing 2c

Getting a few dollars on a comic forum, does not the next Warren Buffett make.

Getting a few dollars on a comic forum, does not the next Warren Buffett make.

Wasn't this "kid" banned? He just posted on the PGM Forum - Blue Beetle #1 thread...