• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So I bought this Walking Dead 100 Red Foil Variant on eBay from seller wood2k1 and it arrived today with a two cracks and a big split down one side, a huge scuff and split on the other. I immediately contacted the seller and he says he won't refund the money because he doesn't see any damage, and starts immediately going off on how he has never stiffed a customer since 2001 and blah blah and that I'm am trying to scam him because I did a "Best Offer" to which I replied "you don't walk into a car dealership and ask to pay sticker price". Please tell me if I am seeing damage that isn't there?:

CGC cases are not sealed closed on the side. If you give them enough of a tug, you can pull the sides slightly open, but never enough to slip the inner well out. This way, if you decide to crack the book out later, you don't do damage to the comic.

There is nothing wrong with that.

+1

So I bought this Walking Dead 100 Red Foil Variant on eBay from seller wood2k1 and it arrived today with a two cracks and a big split down one side, a huge scuff and split on the other. I immediately contacted the seller and he says he won't refund the money because he doesn't see any damage, and starts immediately going off on how he has never stiffed a customer since 2001 and blah blah and that I'm am trying to scam him because I did a "Best Offer" to which I replied "you don't walk into a car dealership and ask to pay sticker price". Please tell me if I am seeing damage that isn't there?:

CGC cases are not sealed closed on the side. If you give them enough of a tug, you can pull the sides slightly open, but never enough to slip the inner well out. This way, if you decide to crack the book out later, you don't do damage to the comic.

If everyone on the boards sends wood2k1 a message apologizing for your reaction because you have no idea what you are talking about haven't owned any slabs, will that counteract it?

So I bought this Walking Dead 100 Red Foil Variant on eBay from seller wood2k1 and it arrived today with a two cracks and a big split down one side, a huge scuff and split on the other. I immediately contacted the seller and he says he won't refund the money because he doesn't see any damage, and starts immediately going off on how he has never stiffed a customer since 2001 and blah blah and that I'm am trying to scam him because I did a "Best Offer" to which I replied "you don't walk into a car dealership and ask to pay sticker price". Please tell me if I am seeing damage that isn't there?

What did you say your ebay name is again?

So I bought this Walking Dead 100 Red Foil Variant on eBay from seller wood2k1 and it arrived today with a two cracks and a big split down one side, a huge scuff and split on the other. I immediately contacted the seller and he says he won't refund the money because he doesn't see any damage, and starts immediately going off on how he has never stiffed a customer since 2001 and blah blah and that I'm am trying to scam him because I did a "Best Offer" to which I replied "you don't walk into a car dealership and ask to pay sticker price". Please tell me if I am seeing damage that isn't there?

What did you say your ebay name is again?

^ great question I'd like to see what books you have for sale as well :wishluck:

Edited by A.Romeo

He has been banned as of today.

:applause:

How a 12 year-old built up this scheme and fake personality still amazes me. This stuff has to be going on in his life around him, and like Keyser Soze he calls it out with the personality he builds.

Testicular cancer - estranged daughter coming back to live with him (a story he told me) - former hay baling business owner that found collectibles a better life (a story he told someone else).

Stephen King maybe could come close to this kid's storytelling ability!

lol is that true? That's some quality BS right there.

I don't care if he's a kid I still want to punch some sense into him

:eyeroll: Of course you do. You're far angrier than your Shakespearean namesake. All he wanted to do was write poems, go to swinging parties, and get his spoon wet. I'm sure punching 12 year old kids can be therapeutic, but for some reason, soo-ciety frowns upon stuff like that.

sorry but I don't think putting little timmy in the corner for a timeout is going to fix this one

goes double for the dad

Unfortunately, this isn't the parenting thread...that one is over in the water cooler with the "why I should really think about mailing comics to my office so my wife/husband does not see that I spent money thread"

They are over in the GRRRRRR section;) along with the "I can't understand teenagers even though I used to be one" and the " I wish people would learn to use the search feature (by BlowuptheMoon) " threads:)

BTW, "Little Timmy" sent me a PM a few days before the meltdown. He word "Hola" in the title, so I answered in Spanish.

After a few sentences where he (thankfully) used English, he "schooled" me on the proper use of certain words because he felt my textbook Spanish was not correct;)

I figured I missed something, I haven't taken a language course in a long time, lol...

btw.

The purpose of his PM was to network with "veteran posters" . Quite an interesting concept, networking.

He has been banned as of today.

:applause:

How a 12 year-old built up this scheme and fake personality still amazes me. This stuff has to be going on in his life around him, and like Keyser Soze he calls it out with the personality he builds.

Testicular cancer - estranged daughter coming back to live with him (a story he told me) - former hay baling business owner that found collectibles a better life (a story he told someone else).

Stephen King maybe could come close to this kid's storytelling ability!

lol is that true? That's some quality BS right there.

I don't care if he's a kid I still want to punch some sense into him

:eyeroll: Of course you do. You're far angrier than your Shakespearean namesake. All he wanted to do was write poems, go to swinging parties, and get his spoon wet. I'm sure punching 12 year old kids can be therapeutic, but for some reason, soo-ciety frowns upon stuff like that.

sorry but I don't think putting little timmy in the corner for a timeout is going to fix this one

goes double for the dad

Unfortunately, this isn't the parenting thread...that one is over in the water cooler with the "why I should really think about mailing comics to my office so my wife/husband does not see that I spent money thread"

They are over in the GRRRRRR section;) along with the "I can't understand teenagers even though I used to be one" and the " I wish people would learn to use the search feature (by BlowuptheMoon) " threads:)

BTW, "Little Timmy" sent me a PM a few days before the meltdown. He word "Hola" in the title, so I answered in Spanish.

After a few sentences where he (thankfully) used English, he "schooled" me on the proper use of certain words because he felt my textbook Spanish was not correct;)

I figured I missed something, I haven't taken a language course in a long time, lol...

btw.

The purpose of his PM was to network with "veteran posters" . Quite an interesting concept, networking.

Reminds me of the little genius home-schooled girl in the movie "Parenthood"

But do they usually come with cracks and scuffs too? I looked through a few of my other CGC slabs and have yet to find one that I can fit more than a finger nail in the crease.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=7404565&Searchpage=4&Main=328582&Words=MetalPSI&topic=0&Search=true#Post7404565

:news:WARNING :news:

If you emailed GIJOEISAWESOME or his father's account to get resolution, please check the account sent folder you emailed him from.

I had contacted the father via his real estate email address to get resolution on a recent trade. I received one response back, asking how to reach me to talk, which I responded to. As of this morning, now my email sent out SPAM with a URL and the subject line "no regrets after doing this venture". This went out to a few board members I have now notified not to open the email or click the URL. You will need to reset your password, plus any account that may use that same email-password combination.

By the way, what tipped me off this had occurred: I received a failed email notice. It turns out the dad's email account has been closed, and does not receive emails now.

So much for "the father was not involved in the deal" thinking.

If you emailed GIJOEISAWESOME or his father's account to get resolution, please check the account sent folder you emailed him from.

I had contacted the father via his real estate email address to get resolution on a recent trade. I received one response back, asking how to reach me to talk, which I responded to. As of this morning, now my email sent out SPAM with a URL and the subject line "no regrets after doing this venture". This went out to a few board members I have now notified not to open the email or click the URL. You will need to reset your password, plus any account that may use that same email-password combination.

By the way, what tipped me off this had occurred: I received a failed email notice. It turns out the dad's email account has been closed, and does not receive emails now.

Do the emails appear in your sent folder?

Do the emails appear in your sent folder?

It would appear so. The password must have been obtained through spyware and/or viruses. Relatively common phishing scam.

Ridiculous. So this is "payback"? :facepalm: