• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Wow this really disappointing information.. His grading was on point sometimes but being dishonest about ur health issues is just plain wrong so u can get more sales.. It would be good if the father came on here and appologiZes to us for his kids.

Muaythai

Edited by Muaythai607

Wow this really disappointing information.. His grading was on point at times but being dishonest about ur health issues is just plain wrong so u can get more sales.. It would be good if the father came on here and appologiZes to us for his kids.

Muaythai

Comic-Keys grades well too. He's still a crook.

I get the feeling this is a family business model.

I usually don't weigh in on subjects like these, but there is no way that GIJOEISAWEOME's dad did not know what was going on.

Yes he could have lied and made a fake profile here , but how about the paypal transactions, he had to know the father password and stuff like that. From GIjoeA feedback thread it looked like he made some half decent transactions so there is a $$$$$ issue there, I don't have a kid but, there is no way a 12 year old should be allowed to have acess to that kind of money without no supervision and doesn't have the age mentality for that.

Just my thoughts

PS

GIJOEISAWESOME placed in the HOs

Also

GIJOEISAWESOME' father placed in the HOS as a honorary member lol

Wow this really disappointing information.. His grading was on point at times but being dishonest about ur health issues is just plain wrong so u can get more sales.. It would be good if the father came on here and appologiZes to us for his kids.

Muaythai

Comic-Keys grades well too. He's still a crook.

I get the feeling this is a family business model.

I totally agree with you.

I just find it odd how he could get the paypal account set up without his fathers knowledge and the whole elaborate scheme. Pretty disgusting to say the least, trying to get sales saying that u have health issues and have to sell off books in a sales thread. He was funded somehow. I've noticed some new members that have joined in the last two years making sales threads and overgrading books and for some weird reason someone will still pick it up. Ur right he is a crook and has no business on this forum.

I usually don't weigh in on subjects like these, but there is no way that GIJOEISAWEOME's dad did not know what was going on.

Yes he could have lied and made a fake profile here , but how about the paypal transactions, he had to know the father password and stuff like that. From GIjoeA feedback thread it looked like he made some half decent transactions so there is a $$$$$ issue there, I don't have a kid but, there is no way a 12 year old should be allowed to have acess to that kind of money without no supervision and doesn't have the age mentality for that.

Just my thoughts

PS

GIJOEISAWESOME placed in the HOs

Also

GIJOEISAWESOME' father placed in the HOS as a honorary member lol

hey jk:

did you know some of his responses were sometimes the answers of an adult.

odd to say the least. that's why it was an elaborate scam. as stated previously by the mod who gathered all the info.

Thanks everyone. I just watched it and while I appreciate the young mans enthusiasm I have to say that the quality of parenting (if they know what's going on) is everything that is wrong with the world.

If that were my child and I found out what was going on, well lets just say I would have made him return everyone's goods and money and then call and apologize to everyone. That would have been after he had to deal with me.

This is pretty much my point of view.

However, we know this is not going to happen, because the father said in writing, that he was proud of his son's negotiating skills.

Therefore, his father was encouraging poor behavior. I know some wonderful honest sales people. These actions do not make me think that the words "honest and salesperson" go together here. This was a clear case of manipulation of facts and now there seems to be an attempt to play on sympathy.

I'm probably as sympathetic as most people here, but I'm concerned about the welfare of minors, too...and this minor who obviously has a lot of talent and charm, is being encouraged to use it in a less than ethical manner and his parents bragged about it. That is what really concerns me.

How is a child supposed to know right from wrong when he's given sales goals on a forum that he joined by lying, and his parent brags about his "negotiating skills" and loves watching him work his magic with adults

So,

to GIJOEISAWESOME's dad... if you are reading this thread, I encourage you to sign up for family counseling.

I saw that one of your son's accomplishments is being a "boy scout" ...how do you think they would react to his and YOUR actions here?

Your son said in the video that he has been selling on eBay for "years" ...He needs to stop, and your account should be closed. I'm sure someone here is going to come up with that ID if you won't disclose it, it's just a matter of time. You need to keep him off voluntarily before further action is taken.

If your son really loves comics, take him to some shows. He can trade books in person, as himself. I'm sure he'll do well and you can both enjoy the hobby in an honest fun manner, plus! you can get rid of some of those MOS 18's that way. maybe he'll even want to trade them for some books he can READ.

I know I'm going to be putting MOS 18 on my eBay watch list. I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Sadly, I vote for a HOS poll.

If your son really loves comics, take him to some shows. He can trade books in person, as himself. I'm sure he'll do well and you can both enjoy the hobby in an honest fun manner, plus! you can get rid of some of those MOS 18's that way. maybe he'll even want to trade them for some books he can READ.

From talking to the father on the phone, it turns out they do go to shows together. And it sounded like they had bought and sold (or traded) at least with one show.

But no matter what I passed along from the father, I did make it clear there was probably no chance of their account being reactivated. Especially since it would be assumed they both may have been using the account, AND the son was 12 years old while using it, AND he was telling people he was a 40 year-old man.

There is just too many items working against them. But I wanted to do what I promised him, and pass along what he felt were the details people were missing. I did follow through on that promise.

Do we really need a poll? I vote yes for the whole family...real estate office and all.

It's a community thread, lol...YES...you need a poll. :makepoint:

We might not have too many people willing to wager against the result...but..

I'm not sure about the office, it's an inanimate object...but I'd be OK with including the father as part of the team. As a matter of fact, I'd be fine with just the father, he's responsible for his child.

I think the people who were harmed and or scammed (even if they got a "refund" )should voice their opinions. I was not one of them.

As a change from the GIJOE saga, we return to our regularly scheduled program of one post sellers hawking high end books.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7442031&fpart=1

Some of these types slink quietly away when they are called out. This ain't one of those. :popcorn:

Poofed!

Thanks everyone. I just watched it and while I appreciate the young mans enthusiasm I have to say that the quality of parenting (if they know what's going on) is everything that is wrong with the world.

If that were my child and I found out what was going on, well lets just say I would have made him return everyone's goods and money and then call and apologize to everyone. That would have been after he had to deal with me.

This is pretty much my point of view.

However, we know this is not going to happen, because the father said in writing, that he was proud of his son's negotiating skills.

Therefore, his father was encouraging poor behavior. I know some wonderful honest sales people. These actions do not make me think that the words "honest and salesperson" go together here. This was a clear case of manipulation of facts and now there seems to be an attempt to play on sympathy.

I'm probably as sympathetic as most people here, but I'm concerned about the welfare of minors, too...and this minor who obviously has a lot of talent and charm, is being encouraged to use it in a less than ethical manner and his parents bragged about it. That is what really concerns me.

How is a child supposed to know right from wrong when he's given sales goals on a forum that he joined by lying, and his parent brags about his "negotiating skills" and loves watching him work his magic with adults

So,

to GIJOEISAWESOME's dad... if you are reading this thread, I encourage you to sign up for family counseling.

I saw that one of your son's accomplishments is being a "boy scout" ...how do you think they would react to his and YOUR actions here?

Your son said in the video that he has been selling on eBay for "years" ...He needs to stop, and your account should be closed. I'm sure someone here is going to come up with that ID if you won't disclose it, it's just a matter of time. You need to keep him off voluntarily before further action is taken.

I know I'm going to be putting MOS 18 on my eBay watch list. I'm sure I won't be the only one.

Sadly, I vote for a HOS poll.

The ID that I found on ebay... which was extremely easy to find, states "member since July 7, 2013.

Lots of CAPs in the later feedback... lots of "AWESOME" as well.

If he's been "selling on ebay for years"... then that's malarkey too unless its under a different name. hm

If he's been "selling on ebay for years"... then that's malarkey too unless its under a different name. hm

He has another, earlier eBay account as well.

The skies will crack when the world finds out this kid is really some forty something year old, 310 lb comic store owner who carefully planned this ruse over the last few years setting up a fake Facebook and ebay account in order to screw the CGC boardies out of their hard earned cash ;)

If a HOS vote is coming, who's got bad deals with GIJOEISAWESOME that has posted details here? Also what sort of compensation is being sought?

I'm guessing anyone exposed to the "overgraded, partial refund scam" is just looking at the front end rather than indirect or subsequent stuff like unjust enrichment etc...

So far I've got...two near misses, I may have missed some. doh!

NP Gresham - refund reversed (check)

JLinguiniii - denied partial refund (check)

:popcorn::grin:

:bump:

When I emailed "Bryan" he was polite but evasive.

He would not confirm that it was him or his son that posted on the forums as GIJOEISAWESOME.

He would not give me his ebay ID, which I only asked for after he mentioned his stellar feedback rating as evidence of him not possibly engaging in scamming behavior.

I suggested that he post on the boards (before he was banned) to clear up the situation(s) with board users. He didn't even bother addressing this privately with me. He completely ignored/downplayed his pattern of questionable transactions on the board.

I suggested he offer me a refund regarding our transaction. I said if he could convince me that his (or his son's) actions were made in good faith he could forget the refund. He didn't even address the issue after I made my case and instead sent me a refund and never responded to my final email.

Overall he didn't seem to take what happened here very seriously. I'm not sure if it was because he was playing dumb or truly ignorant of what occurred, he always fell back on his reputation as a good seller when questioned on something, even though it was his actions as a buyer that were suspicious.