• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

hi guys. can anyone give me some suggestions on selling here. i've been a member and was posting regularly about a year ago.

then life happened and i had to move away from buying and selling comics for a while. i'm now back and in the game, and am actively buying and selling again, and would like to be able to sell and buy here.

any tips you can give me?should i be selling only certain things at first until people get to know me better? am i still considered too much of a noob and therefore considered untrustworthy? is there another area i should be posting these ramblings in? any links on the info i'm looking for you can point me too?

i know this is a pretty tight knit community so any help to get along and be more involved in these selling forums would be helpful.

thanks.

hi guys. can anyone give me some suggestions on selling here. i've been a member and was posting regularly about a year ago.

then life happened and i had to move away from buying and selling comics for a while. i'm now back and in the game, and am actively buying and selling again, and would like to be able to sell and buy here.

any tips you can give me?should i be selling only certain things at first until people get to know me better? am i still considered too much of a noob and therefore considered untrustworthy? is there another area i should be posting these ramblings in? any links on the info i'm looking for you can point me too?

i know this is a pretty tight knit community so any help to get along and be more involved in these selling forums would be helpful.

thanks.

1) Don't go trying to sell Action #1 or Detective #27 anytime soon :)

2) Post a bit

3) Sell honestly and follow the established forum rules

4) Buy a few things from others in the forum

5) Establish a feedback thread

Welcome back

UNWRITTEN MARKETPLACE RULES:

If you are new here and are interested in buying books in the marketplace, please understand that the Marketplace on these forums is a 'buyer beware' environment - it is your responsibility to do your own research to avoid overpaying for an item. If a member is misrepresenting their items or price history, take it to the Discussion Thread.

You are also responsible to review the Probation/Hall of Shame List , this list is maintained by the community to help members avoid those who have had problems selling on the forum or outside of the forum between two board members.

There is also a Kudos Forum in the marketplace which is reserved for positive feedback only, to find a Kudos thread use the options at the bottom of the marketplace & sort by thread-starter to find their Kudos thread.

The general law of the land is that "a deal is a deal" - if you are contemplating a purchase, choose your words carefully to ensure that your intentions are understood.

In general, opinions are shared freely on sales taking place elsewhere. People often question price, grade etc...that type of commentary is NOT allowed in any active sales threads, disrupting a fellow board members sales thread is considered threadkrapping - the forum moderators will issue strikes for disrupting sales threads.

PACKAGE YOUR BOOKS FOR SHIPPING:

HERE

(thumbs u

thanks.

Only took you a year to learn how to post, not bad

thanks.

I don't understand your post. Is it a joke? Or are you serious?

thanks.

It was a very poor joke. My post count is ridiculous in comparison to his lol

*sigh* Anyways....

thanks.

*sigh* Anyways....

???

thanks.

*sigh* Anyways....

well hey, at least you tried, lol. thanks for the welcome anyway.

one last question about shipping. i'm hip to the sandwich method and that is the only way i pack anyway.

however is it acceptable to ship media mail here, or does everything need to be 1st class or priority?

also when i ship up to 4 or 5 comics i use a oversized bubble mailer with sturdy cardboard sandwiching. is that okay or will that get me roasted here? i've used this shipping method the past 2 years on ebay w/out incident, but don't want to anyone here off.

thanks.

thanks.

*sigh* Anyways....

well hey, at least you tried, lol. thanks for the welcome anyway.

one last question about shipping. i'm hip to the sandwich method and that is the only way i pack anyway.

however is it acceptable to ship media mail here, or does everything need to be 1st class or priority?

also when i ship up to 4 or 5 comics i use a oversized bubble mailer with sturdy cardboard sandwiching. is that okay or will that get me roasted here? i've used this shipping method the past 2 years on ebay w/out incident, but don't want to anyone here off.

thanks.

Cardboard sandwiching, then in a box, or bubble wrapped in a box in a box.

Can never be too careful.

BOOZAD GUIDE, HOW TO PACKAGE YOUR BOOKS FOR SHIPPING

Not sure if anyone has been following this guy, but sheesh. Is he strike-worthy yet? He first had threads removed for posting the same books in multiple forums. His most recent post was removed for listing both here and on eBay, and this is his response in his new sales thread.

Have to make a new FS thread since some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed deleted my other thread

Anyways

I'm reposting What I have left. Only posting a few tonight

Not sure if anyone has been following this guy, but sheesh. Is he strike-worthy yet? He first had threads removed for posting the same books in multiple forums. His most recent post was removed for listing both here and on eBay, and this is his response in his new sales thread.

Have to make a new FS thread since some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed deleted my other thread

Anyways

He's an odd one.

Anyways

He's not good at following the marketplace posting rules, but that means he's just a "report" and let the mods scrub his posts... if they get tired of deleting/moving his threads they could give him a strike for "repeated incorrect posting in the marketplace" or something like that...

but so far he's just been bad at posting, and no ones reported any actual transaction problems (getting cash, getting books, etc)...