• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Not sure if anyone has been following this guy, but sheesh. Is he strike-worthy yet? He first had threads removed for posting the same books in multiple forums. His most recent post was removed for listing both here and on eBay, and this is his response in his new sales thread.

Have to make a new FS thread since some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed deleted my other thread

Anyways

I'm reposting What I have left. Only posting a few tonight

He's not good at following the marketplace posting rules, but that means he's just a "report" and let the mods scrub his posts... if they get tired of deleting/moving his threads they could give him a strike for "repeated incorrect posting in the marketplace" or something like that...

but so far he's just been bad at posting, and no ones reported any actual transaction problems (getting cash, getting books, etc)...

oceanavekid - strike

Simultaneously attempting to sell books on the boards and eBay.

Reposting a deleted thread.

Someone should ID this guy, I think he's underage.

+1

Not sure if anyone has been following this guy, but sheesh. Is he strike-worthy yet? He first had threads removed for posting the same books in multiple forums. His most recent post was removed for listing both here and on eBay, and this is his response in his new sales thread.

Have to make a new FS thread since some person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed deleted my other thread

Anyways

He's not good at following the marketplace posting rules, but that means he's just a "report" and let the mods scrub his posts... if they get tired of deleting/moving his threads they could give him a strike for "repeated incorrect posting in the marketplace" or something like that...

but so far he's just been bad at posting, and no ones reported any actual transaction problems (getting cash, getting books, etc)...

oceanavekid - strike

He was annoyed when "someone deleted his threads for no reason" :screwy:

He must be chewing the carpet in rage right about now.

Calling the moderator who removed his thread the 'D' word was brilliant. :D

He gets my vote for Darwin Award of the week.

Okay...so he's getting my vote for the whole month now.

So I got A strike by oceanavekid

lol What a yutz

oceanavekid - strike

Circumventing the suspension via journals. Two more weeks.

Anyways

oceanavekid - strike

Someone should ID this guy, I think he's underage.

+1

According to his facebook page, which is linked to in his CGC Profile, he's around 23.

Edited by awakeintheashes

What's up with the button humping in the sales forum folks? Some of you guys are wound way too tight and have way too much time on your hands. (Not directed at 50AE_DE, just happened to reply to his post.)

Question:

Back on 6/8/13 I purchased a Silver Age raw book from a member so I could use it for a SS submission. In the scan it looked like there was some wear at the top staple but nothing inconsistent for the grade.

When I received the book I immediately saw something was wrong with the top staple. At some point the cover had become detached and reattached with glue.

I contacted the member and he apologized and accepted a return. A bit annoying though as the problem can clearly be seen in hand. And waisting time with that book put me under the gun to find a replacement in time for the SS. But hey, mistakes happen.

So flash forward to today. I see the member has a sales thread with the exact same book, listed in the exact same grade and again with no mention of the glue job.

And the book just got claimed by someone. :eek:

I feel I should say something. Is it out of line to contact the buyer? And since this is the second time, should I same something to the seller? Or am I going to get in trouble for disrupting a sales thread?

Edited by Number 6

In this day and age they might call it thread kraping.

But you could PM the buyer. :grin:

If the seller is well aware that the book has a significant defect like the one above and chooses not to disclose this in his sales thread, I wouldn't hesitate in asking about it in the thread - it's not thread crapping if the seller is trying to pull a fast one :shrug:

I contacted the buyer, encouraged him to double-check with the seller about it.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt that it was just an oversight. Has to be. It's so obvious in hand there's no way could be hoping to pull a "fast one".

Edited by Number 6

I have a few books that I won at SDCC that I wanted to share with folks in the PIF thread. But I just don't want to get yelled at. I'm sensitive. Hold me. I don't even want anything in return. I just want to send free stuff to people who will appreciate it. Why can't we all get along? (shrug)

I love you baby!!!

I like the $5 price bump too. Good times!

Not only a price bump, but also a grade bump.

(If we're talking about the same thing here.)

Yup.

Internet Detective skills!

:banana:

sherlock-holmes.jpg

Edited by manetteska

Anyone else watching 'Cemetery' carpetbomb the marketplace? :insane:

Updated that for you.

Just noticed that.... :facepalm:

Looks like magic number 50 is approaching.

Now that the magical goal has been reached and all posting activity has stopped....what am I supposed to do?

I mean........how am I going to know when something is a "nice book".....or an "amazing book".....or a "cool book"?