• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

At least the guy posted huge scans so potential buyers can judge for themselves.

Pretty lame to come in here & start slamming the guy. 2c

Where is anyone "slamming the guy?" We are discussing a sales thread, not trashing one.

:shrug:

I mean, if you think these few comments are "slamming the guy," you must not have seen some of the stuff said here and in other threads about other people.

(:

-slym

At least the guy posted huge scans so potential buyers can judge for themselves.

Where is anyone "slamming the guy?" We are discussing a sales thread, not trashing one.

I mean, if you think these few comments are "slamming the guy," you must not have seen some of the stuff said here and in other threads about other people.

(:

-slym

You guys are mocking the seller here....and in his own thread.

(:

Again, if you think this is "slamming the guy," then you need to re-think your definitions.

;)

-slym

(:

Again, if you think this is "slamming the guy," then you need to re-think your definitions.

;)

-slym

Maybe you should re-think your approach to these situations.

Oh, really? And what exactly was "my approach" to this situation? I made one post regarding this recent sales thread, saying "Someone needs a lesson in comic grading."

Once again, if you think that is "slamming the guy," then you need to re-think your definitions.

:popcorn:

-slym

Well I hope I don't get smacked for "bashing" but we have another case of "selective GPA use"

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7588350&Main=336249#Post7588350

Funny he doesn't mention that a 4.0 recently sold for $315...

If he just made his case that it was a great presenting 3.0 (which it is) and thus his premium asking price...

Well I hope I don't get smacked for "bashing" but we have another case of "selective GPA use"

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7588350&Main=336249#Post7588350

If he just made his case that it was a great presenting 3.0 (which it is) and thus his premium asking price...

I'm new to GPA but I mean come on.

The $315 sale for a 4.0 was not all that recent. October is what, five months. And a 3.0 sold two months ago for $385.

Is it over priced? Yes, but only by like $50.

Also would point out that the 3.0 that sold at 385 was an off white book, this book is OWW so the bump in PQ could somewhat justify the price difference. (The 3.5 that sold for 449 was white pages)

I'm new to GPA but I mean come on.

The $315 sale for a 4.0 was not all that recent. October is what, five months. And a 3.0 sold two months ago for $385.

Is it over priced? Yes, but only by like $50.

Im fine with it being its price, just dont use GPA as a way to convince the buyer that your price is market representative if you arent going to use the data evenly.

He makes a point to mention the (not most recent) sale of a 2.5 for $400...but doenst mention that the last sale of a 2.5 was was $340 (which I think still supports his price for a well presenting copy)

So he is just cherry picking highest sales to justify his price. And October is not all that long ago...

I wouldnt have batted an eye if he'd just said 90 day GPA for the grade is ____, but he cherry picked price points to convince the seller of something. Pick a point (90 day, 12 month, last sale) and stick with it.

Also would point out that the 3.0 that sold at 385 was an off white book, this book is OWW so the bump in PQ could somewhat justify the price difference. (The 3.5 that sold for 449 was white pages)

Agreed... I dont have an issue with him citing that sales data on the 3.0...its the cherry picking of the $400 sale of the 2.5 that seems leading...

(and as a side note, do people bump value between OW and OW/W? I guess I've only really noticed people paying "top market" for white pages, and below that grade being less decisive between the whimsical differences between OW and OW/W... now Cream is another matter...

I think it depends on the person? Personally OW and OWW is the same for me, id charge a premium for White (especially on a GA book and probably on an SA book) and give a discount on Cream (no matter when its from)

Agreed... I dont have an issue with him citing that sales data on the 3.0...its the cherry picking of the $400 sale of the 2.5 that seems leading...

(and as a side note, do people bump value between OW and OW/W? I guess I've only really noticed people paying "top market" for white pages, and below that grade being less decisive between the whimsical differences between OW and OW/W... now Cream is another matter...

The problem with quoting GPA in this forum is that the seller netted far less than that sales price whether it be from Ebay or other auction site.

A book sold here at GPA would net the seller 10% or more than the seller of the GPA recorded books netted.

The problem with quoting GPA in this forum is that the seller netted far less than that sales price whether it be from Ebay or other auction site.

A book sold here at GPA would net the seller 10% or more than the seller of the GPA recorded books netted.

Yup.

And this is much more significant than the 2.9% PayPal fee that so many people have gotten their panties in a twist about.

Weird that no one mentions this.

You scan it, you upload the scan to another site, you take a photo of the scan on the other site off your monitor, upload the photo to photobucket, then use that as your pic... ???

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7588517&gonew=1#UNREAD

wait is that a picture of a COMPUTER SCREEN?!?!?!

:facepalm:

You scan it, you upload the scan to another site, you take a photo of the scan on the other site off your monitor, upload the photo to photobucket, then use that as your pic... ???

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7588517&gonew=1#UNREAD

wait is that a picture of a COMPUTER SCREEN?!?!?!

:facepalm:

I didnt get it at first :facepalm: