• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

That was something with just a few posts. Poor seller..... Well actually, this may work for him because everyone will want to click that link. :)

I apologize for my post, but I had to respond to that completely misplaced attack. That really hit a nerve, and to attack me in a sales thread that he wasn't even interested in. That is the last time I respond to anything he has to say to me in public. Sorry again, and hope the sale goes well. Some great books there.

In nearly 7 years here, I don't think I've EVER seen what just went down in that sales thread. And neither of the parties is the poor seller/creator of the thread! :eek:

Well, I've seen worse, but maybe not in a sales thread. The mods were wiping it out as fast as it was posted, but that's old garbage, so why drudge up the past. Hope the seller continues with the sale.

I mean, you could always delete your post and repost it here? (shrug)

Great idea I just did delete my post. I've gotten some people wondering what that was all about and I'm responding my PM to explain what really has no business being discussed in these forums. If anyone has dealt with me in the past or remembers me before life took me away from these boards, and is wondering what happened to me and why this individual seems to like kicking people when they are down, feel free to PM me. Despite the shock on my first day back on these boards in a while, I am glad to be back.

Great idea I just did delete my post. I've gotten some people wondering what that was all about and I'm responding my PM to explain what really has no business being discussed in these forums. If anyone has dealt with me in the past or remembers me before life took me away from these boards, and is wondering what happened to me and why this individual seems to like kicking people when they are down, feel free to PM me. Despite the shock on my first day back on these boards in a while, I am glad to be back.

Feel free to PM me too, if you'd like another side of the story. While I agree that your personal situation has no business being aired in public (that you did yourself), a forum based upon trust and prior dealing does have room for factual information related to another potential buyer's behavior. You stole from me, and that's a fact. Others should know before dealing with you.

Barrister, if there is an issue then you should bring it up in the PL section and hash out the problem there. If your issue is personal in nature rather, then you are better off dropping things. I've seen mods hand out strikes and bans for continuously following a boardie around threads and going after him/her.

Barrister, if there is an issue then you should bring it up in the PL section and hash out the problem there. If your issue is personal in nature rather, then you are better off dropping things. I've seen mods hand out strikes and bans for continuously following a boardie around threads and going after him/her.

Not personal at all. Only business. I don't wish him or anyone ill will - but I do wish for the return of my money. If a guy that stole from you suddenly shows up displaying interest on another's book after going dark for many, many months, would you just sit on it?

I buy and sell on here regularly, as others do. This is a board of dedicated collectors leaning heavily on trust to complete transactions. I think this kind of thing is important. That said, I'm fine with detailing what happened elsewhere. He was absent from all communication with me and posts here for a long time, so I didn't do that yet...but certainly can.

Barrister, as I stated. If there is an issue then you should nominate him for the PL or HoS. To do so, write up a detailed explanation of the issues you have had with him with as much information as possible in the Probation Discussion thread and also PM him in a separate PM that you are nominating him to the PL and that he has 72 hours to respond to the allegations.

Barrister, as I stated. If there is an issue then you should nominate him for the PL or HoS. To do so, write up a detailed explanation of the issues you have had with him with as much information as possible in the Probation Discussion thread and also PM him in a separate PM that you are nominating him to the PL and that he has 72 hours to respond to the allegations.

Will do. Again, not trying to eschew any protocols. I've never had any problems on here with another board member, so my apologies for coloring outside any lines.