• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'm amazed at the some of the books that are offered here and not at one of the auction houses. Someone just put up a Hulk 1 for $14,000.

Beige prefers things his way. ;)

Its location Jeff - sending books to the states that may or may not sell - if not, back they come.

Repeat ad-infinitum. Postage costs across the Pacific are expensive.

If I put it on for what, say $11,000 - someone would offer $8000.

I put a price on books that represent a starting point. There will be a hell of a lot of high grade long-term favourites coming up for sale over the next week or two.

The Hulk price is aggressive - I freely admit it - but a 2.0 just sold for $7,000.

I don't have an auction house account, I've never used any of them, and wouldn't know where to start tbh.

Someone will pay it, or they will make an offer, or it will remain unsold.

All things will progress naturally from there. I'm happy to discuss any deal.

You well Jeff?

I'm amazed at the some of the books that are offered here and not at one of the auction houses. Someone just put up a Hulk 1 for $14,000.

Link, please. :wishluck:

Here you go

Didn't realize you were interested in paying 3x GPA :gossip:

With the greatest of respect Alex - Hulk #1 prices are rising so quickly that GPA cannot keep up.

I prefer to believe the sales that Mr Storms and Mr Reece have confirmed.

Did you not see the 2.0 just sell for 7k on ebay yesterday?

And I'm genuinely asking, because I have no interest in having an argument of any kind with you at all. :foryou:

I'm good. You?

There are many ways to tackle the location. I have similar issues but not as extreme. Like I said - you prefer to do it your way.

(thumbs u

With the greatest of respect Alex - Hulk #1 prices are rising so quickly that GPA cannot keep up.

GPA is updated almost instantly.

Low feedback bidder...driving the bids....guess we'll see if it actually sticks.

GPA is full of good comps for Hulk 1.

Last 6.0 went for $15k in august, last 5.0 went for $11,950 also august.

I can see how Greg Reece and Bob Storms can exceed GPA on their sales though. People trust and respect them in their dealings. They are great salesman who do it all without in a single ounce of hucksterism.

I wish I could upload them to photobucket and then download them to the site took 30 seconds. I actually have had some interest and since I just got payment on the XF 24, I guess the no sale comment is moot. :cry:

Truth is, it is my 7 year wedding anniversary today. I spent 5 hours running around after posting the books available getting flowers and gifts yesterday. Not enough time in the day. But, I have some more books to offer and will try to get pics up Tuesday night for some the best buyers in the business.

Okie Hokie? :)

Even eBay will not allow sales without pictures.

Maybe you could do something really unusual like scan the books or take pictures, THEN set up your sales thread? :shrug:

But in order to take pictures he would have to have the book in his possession, right?

lol. Right Jimmy. Probably have my 4th book sold in a few minutes. So I guess everyone can ignore you all together now.

BTW: The buyers that want THAT book in THAT grade ACTUALLY contact me for pics! I know, its crazy, right?? :screwy:

lol

The sale of the 2.0 is indeed now confirmed on GPA @ $7,000

Also the 1.5 @ $4995

and the 1.8 @ $4595

Like I said, if it sells it sells. If I get an offer, we can talk. If it doesn't sell, it can go back on my wall.

It is my book, so I feel I am able to set my own selling entry price.

2c

Low feedback bidder...driving the bids....guess we'll see if it actually sticks.

GPA is full of good comps for Hulk 1.

Last 6.0 went for $15k in august, last 5.0 went for $11,950 also august.

I can see how Greg Reece and Bob Storms can exceed GPA on their sales though. People trust and respect them in their dealings. They are great salesman who do it all without in a single ounce of hucksterism.

This is the one I was looking at as a comp.

The Incredible Hulk #1 CGC 5.5 Off-White to White Pages Origin & 1st App of HULK

Sold on eBay on 7/6 for $9,950.

A 2.0 for $7k is cra cra.

I wish I could upload them to photobucket and then download them to the site took 30 seconds. I actually have had some interest and since I just got payment on the XF 24, I guess the no sale comment is moot. :cry:

Truth is, it is my 7 year wedding anniversary today. I spent 5 hours running around after posting the books available getting flowers and gifts yesterday. Not enough time in the day. But, I have some more books to offer and will try to get pics up Tuesday night for some the best buyers in the business.

Okie Hokie? :)

Even eBay will not allow sales without pictures.

Maybe you could do something really unusual like scan the books or take pictures, THEN set up your sales thread? :shrug:

But in order to take pictures he would have to have the book in his possession, right?

lol. Right Jimmy. Probably have my 4th book sold in a few minutes. So I guess everyone can ignore you all together now.

BTW: The buyers that want THAT book in THAT grade ACTUALLY contact me for pics! I know, its crazy, right?? :screwy:

lol

+1

let the people sell how they want! not everyone agrees on best practices, even though there are seemingly things that might seem obviously smart or stupid to some people.

Don't break the rules, do what you say you will, then do what you want.

The sale of the 2.0 is indeed now confirmed on GPA @ $7,000

Also the 1.5 @ $4995

and the 1.8 @ $4595

Like I said, if it sells it sells. If I get an offer, we can talk. If it doesn't sell, it can go back on my wall.

It is my book, so I feel I am able to set my own selling entry price.

2c

Of course you. You can ask any price you want.

Throwing off selective GPA information is where some great discussions arise.

The last sale at 1.8 of $3660 is there too.

So is the last 2.5 at $5,005.

GPA is great for apples to apples comparisons. Like comparing all the most recent sales and totally not cherry picking an old 1.8 sale over the most recent that undermines a certain position.

Information is great!

Hulk 1s were white hot at the show.

I sold a 5.0, there were also sales of a 6.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 -- dealers bought all of these and were paying aggressive numbers. Nobody consulted GPA when negotiating price.

Most dealers don't need to consult GPA, they know the market.

It's better that way. When people cite GPA there's always a temptation to slant the stats when they have skin in the game.

I sold a 5.0, there were also sales of a 6.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 -- dealers bought all of these and were paying aggressive numbers. Nobody consulted GPA when negotiating price.

It's better that way. When people cite GPA there's always a temptation to slant the stats when they have skin in the game.

especially for major keys, most dealers know how much they're willing to buy and sell for going into a show.

especially for major keys, most dealers know how much they're willing to buy and sell for going into a show.

No doubt. For main keys dealers don't even think to look at overstreet or gpa.