• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

My bday wish didn't come true

We are still fighting :cry:

As Tonto said to the Lone Ranger, "what do you mean 'we', white man?".

I just found out recently that that was supposedly coined by a silver age comic book creator.

And amazingly enough, this joke appears to have been coined by a classic Silver Age comic book creator.

However, you’d be hard pressed to imagine WHICH one, as it was written by E. Nelson Bridwell, longtime assistant editor to Mort Weisinger at DC Comics! Before Bridwell went to work for DC (where he helped introduce a number of innovations when it came to the world of comic book continuity), he wrote gags for Mad Magazine. And the Lone Ranger joke was one of them.

MadMagazine-WhatYouMeanWe.jpg

My bday wish didn't come true

We are still fighting :cry:

As Tonto said to the Lone Ranger, "what do you mean 'we', white man?".

I just found out recently that that was supposedly coined by a silver age comic book creator.

And amazingly enough, this joke appears to have been coined by a classic Silver Age comic book creator.

However, you’d be hard pressed to imagine WHICH one, as it was written by E. Nelson Bridwell, longtime assistant editor to Mort Weisinger at DC Comics! Before Bridwell went to work for DC (where he helped introduce a number of innovations when it came to the world of comic book continuity), he wrote gags for Mad Magazine. And the Lone Ranger joke was one of them.

MadMagazine-WhatYouMeanWe.jpg

I knew you wouldn't disappoint me.

I also don't trust anyone who's sales threads are all books he has just purchased on the boards and it waiting for delivery on. Which is pretty much every one of his stupid sale threads.

Someone tell pasta boy that I have about 60 books for sale. 2 of them were bought here to make sets. Another one was bought raw here with an additional copy for my ASM run and submitted by me to CGC. The rest were bought elsewhere and submitted by me to CGC. WRONG AGAIN, Alex Wannabe, wrong again

I also don't trust anyone who's sales threads are all books he has just purchased on the boards and it waiting for delivery on. Which is pretty much every one of his stupid sale threads.

Someone tell pasta boy that I have about 60 books for sale. 2 of them were bought here to make sets. Another one was bought raw here with an additional copy for my ASM run and submitted by me to CGC. The rest were bought elsewhere and submitted by me to CGC. WRONG AGAIN, Alex Wannabe, wrong again

Really dude? Responding to a post from a month ago?

How many of your sales threads have been axed by moderators for what I stated above? I counted two, but again, I don't follow you around caring about your actions.

Pasta Boi

How many of your sales threads have been axed by moderators for what I stated above? I counted two, but again, I don't follow you around caring about your actions.

Pasta Boi

Actually none. I have closed all of mine. Is that a mannequin in a rap video?? LMFAO!

Edited by JOEY GUNZ

Pasta Boi

You always are good for a lie you drama queen.

Pasta Boi

Actually none. I have closed all of mine. Is that a mannequin in a rap video?? LMFAO!

No. Now you're lying. Anyone can go through your posts and find the closed threads and the messages the mod left you. I honestly don't care enough to look it up, but I'm not the only one that noticed this.

Pasta Boi

No. Now you're lying. Anyone can go through your posts and find the closed threads and the messages the mod left you. I honestly don't care enough to look it up, but I'm not the only one that noticed this.

Since you never leave here anyway, why don't you look it up and let's discuss it. My guess is "one sales thread please" or when I listed 1 book graded PGX by mistake. Right?? Come now Alex, you are trying to paint a picture of me being devious here, but I am a top rated seller on EBay with over 1000 feedback. Do you think I am going to act differently here?? I have been told by a few Boardies that you sometimes do inappropriate things, but you "mean no harm." I find your efforts to smear my name here really pathetic Alex!

Hey Joey,

Remember this?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7363103

When you made a sales thread saying

can get 6 copies of these, but will need to have buyers on 5 of them at $650 each first.

shipping in the US only is $15 priority

lets see how many takers we can find

which in reality was you making a sales thread so you could gather enough money together to buy this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMO-5-copies-3250-BATMAN-ADVENTURES-12-all-NM-MT-9-8-CGC-1st-HARLEY-QUINN-/231139583100?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35d0fe247c

sales thread was closed / locked and poofed by mods for above reasons, Comments? Opinions?

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

Would someone help Alex please?? Either he is downloading another picture of a historical book or painting he picked out of a dumpster to list here and bore us with the long version of the "find's" significance, or he cannot type Joey Gunz on his keyboard because the shaking caused by stress is rendering his fingers ineffective

Would someone help Alex please?? Either he is downloading another picture of a historical book or painting he picked out of a dumpster to list here and bore us with the long version of the "find's" significance, or he cannot type Joey Gunz on his keyboard because the shaking caused by stress is rendering his fingers ineffective

So you call me a liar, and than I show you proof that what I said was true and your response is about dumpster diving. I love it. You're definitely in my top CGC board members.

I think that is called spreading the love around. At the time, they were selling for over $700. I was in talks with the seller who lives near me in NJ and there were at least 3 WTB BA 12 Cgc 9.8s on the boards earlier that week. Is THAT your BIG PROBLEM?? And what of it??

Hey Joey,

Remember this?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7363103

When you made a sales thread saying

can get 6 copies of these, but will need to have buyers on 5 of them at $650 each first.

shipping in the US only is $15 priority

lets see how many takers we can find

which in reality was you making a sales thread so you could gather enough money together to buy this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRIMO-5-copies-3250-BATMAN-ADVENTURES-12-all-NM-MT-9-8-CGC-1st-HARLEY-QUINN-/231139583100?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item35d0fe247c

sales thread was closed / locked and poofed by mods for above reasons, Comments? Opinions?

If that's true, how embarrassing for JG :eek:

Edited by Logan510