• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

We should absolutely keep the rule that prevents thread-krapping, even if the book is ridiculously priced, so long as the seller follows the rules and isn't on the PL or in the HOS. I recently joined a few fb groups, and the thread-krapping is ruining some of the groups. You want anarchy? Go and join a fb buy/sell/trade group. Why continually bump someone's over-priced sale? Why not let it die on page 10? The board marketplace isn't perfect, but it's far superior to any other fee-free buying and selling option that I've ever experienced.
agree.

You wouldn't go into your LCS and put up a sign INSIDE THE STORE with your written comments or questions on the overpricing of that store. You might ask the employee privately about pricing or deals, but a public posting isn't right and the rule makes sense.

I think the owner gets to choose to get a qualified grade, OR accept the non-witnessed sig as a defect, getting a lower blue label grade.

Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.

And the OP has no issues threadkrapping in my WTB thread anyway. Looks good on him.

Oh, ok. Now it makes sense. It's not like you to threadkrap all willy nilly. This was revenge. At least the confusion is gone.

For the record I agree he acted like in crapping on your wtb.

And now it's revenge. :eyeroll:

You really missed the boat not opening that fortune teller's booth at the carnival.

I still am being logical. Not liking the analysis doesn't equate to being illogical. You laughed at his post. You then came in here to justify mocking someone asking a high price. Then you say he deserves the threadkrap (" it looks good on him ") for him doing the same to your earlier wtb post. The same wtb post where you two have it out with each other.

You basically provided motive and intent as to that it was threadkrap and why you were doing it.

If you weren't laughing at his asking price then logical minds would wonder why you'd feel the need to come here justifying a price based threadkrap in that thread.

Do you actually deny you were intentionally messing with him in his sales thread or are you trying to parse out why you were messing with him in his sales thread?

Own it man. Denying it, after everything posted subsequent, is worse than the original threadkrap had it been borne proudly.

I own everything I do. Your "logical conclusions" are assumptions and are incorrect but don't let the truth stop you. (thumbs u

Put the shovel down.

I think the owner gets to choose to get a qualified grade, OR accept the non-witnessed sig as a defect, getting a lower blue label grade.

+1

Look at the book, condition-wise (ignoring the signature for a second) it looks sharper than a 7.0, no? They probably offered him a green 8.5 or a blue 7.0, and considering the bias against non-blue, non-yellow labels it makes sense to go blue and take the hit on condition.

We should absolutely keep the rule that prevents thread-krapping, even if the book is ridiculously priced, so long as the seller follows the rules and isn't on the PL or in the HOS. I recently joined a few fb groups, and the thread-krapping is ruining some of the groups. You want anarchy? Go and join a fb buy/sell/trade group. Why continually bump someone's over-priced sale? Why not let it die on page 10? The board marketplace isn't perfect, but it's far superior to any other fee-free buying and selling option that I've ever experienced.
agree.

You wouldn't go into your LCS and put up a sign INSIDE THE STORE with your written comments or questions on the overpricing of that store. You might ask the employee privately about pricing or deals, but a public posting isn't right and the rule makes sense.

this is my thinking too.

Know that store that has overpriced that no one buys? It goes out of business eventually, just like the overpriced WD thread, or any other thread....

the market takes care of the over priced stuff.

And to those that are worried about the hobby, or the forum or whatever because of the occasional inflated price, do you stand in front of someone's table at a con and tell everyone the books are overpriced? NO? then why do it here?

Sure maybe you nudge your buddy and warn him about over priced tables (think of it as a PM!) but you dont go paint a big sign and hold it in front of the Mile High Table just cause you think his books are over priced....

FB groups are pretty rough with thread crapping, no doubt.

They're savages man... Borderline personal attacks too.

:hi: big signature on the outside and the book looks like a 7.0

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

That's actually pretty small...by Stan's standards.

It's a fairly small, nice signature on a upper mid-grade book - there's no reason why this wouldn't be in a blue label holder :thumbsup:

It's a fairly small, nice signature on a upper mid-grade book - there's no reason why this wouldn't be in a blue label holder :thumbsup:

How about they typically put unwitnessed signature books in green labels? (shrug)

How about they typically put unwitnessed signature books in green labels? (shrug)

It has always depended on the grade of the book and, no matter what, the submitter can always request to have the book put in a blue label slab with a grade hit for the signature.

On a 9.8 book, a signature like this would result in a significant grade hit - a drop to 8.5 or 9.0 wouldn't be out of the question.

In this grade, however, the signature's effect on the grade is minimal, hence the blue label.

+1

Look at the book, condition-wise (ignoring the signature for a second) it looks sharper than a 7.0, no? They probably offered him a green 8.5 or a blue 7.0, and considering the bias against non-blue, non-yellow labels it makes sense to go blue and take the hit on condition.

I would have taken Green no doubt! (thumbs u

Well, actually I would not have slabbed it, but kept it in my collection, that Stan signature is surprisingly clean and neat, getting used as we have been to his late marker signatures. :(

I'm just sayin' I don't like the two rando celeb sigs. Other than that, carry on.

Can you please place this comment in the appropriate thread at least!!!! :pullhair:

Or because the well placed writing on the cover is allowed in the 7.0 grade. OR both.