• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Hi

Wondered if i could be kept right, i have comics to sell on eBay and looking to see if anyone who collects flash comics would be interested?

Let me know

My Ebay Comics List!

Hi, welcome to the boards. Unfortunately, this is not the thread to pimp your wares.

Please post your ebay link in the forum below

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=21&page=1

Indeed. I don't get any of it myself. Since when is that book a problem to sell? If its the price, well, there have been hordes of grumpy people who have thought the book has been overpriced every year since it was first printed. (shrug)

Indeed. I don't get any of it myself. Since when is that book a problem to sell? If its the price, well, there have been hordes of grumpy people who have thought the book has been overpriced every year since it was first printed. (shrug)

Not really the same thing. lol

It is way above current market value as opposed to some criticizing FMV.

Sure, I get that, but my understanding was that criticizing price, for any reason, in a sales thread was off limits. Do I understand that incorrectly?

Criticizing price is relative, I might have greater reason to criticize the daily pursuit of GPA highs on bloated speculation keys than a book like this which if, as you say, is so obviously overpriced, should require no warning to buyer.

Sure, I get that, but my understanding was that criticizing price, for any reason, in a sales thread was off limits. Do I understand that incorrectly?

Criticizing price is relative, I might have greater reason to criticize the daily pursuit of GPA highs on bloated speculation keys than a book like this which if, as you say, is so obviously overpriced, should require no warning to buyer.

The guy is not manipulating and massaging GPA data, or selectively quoting or misquoting the market sales data. He's just asking a price for his book. GPA is non existent on a quad signed #1 with two celebs so I don't know where the universal thought is that this is an overpriced book. It doesn't seem to be backed up by the market data I've seen.

The average of the last three sales (all this year) for Kirkman and Moore signed 1's in 9.8 is about $2750. This one adds two celebs. As an asking price this is one of least offensive or laughter inducing of all the recent attempts at hucksterism on the boards.

Regardless, if someone doesn't like a guy's price and the guy is not doing something shady or dishonest that opinion can be expressed in a PM. Posting that in his threwd is poor form.

The guy is not manipulating and massaging GPA data, or selectively quoting or misquoting the market sales data. He's just asking a price for his book. GPA is non existent on a quad signed #1 with two celebs so I don't know where the universal thought is that this is an overpriced book. It doesn't seem to be backed up by the market data I've seen.

The average of the last three sales (all this year) for Kirkman and Moore signed 1's in 9.8 is about $2750. This one adds two celebs. As an asking price this is one of least offensive or laughter inducing of all the recent attempts at hucksterism on the boards.

Regardless, if someone doesn't like a guy's price and the guy is not doing something shady or dishonest that opinion can be expressed in a PM. Anything else is poor form.

+1

The mods need to bring down the strike hammer on some of the threadkrapping. It has gotten out of hand and just takes from the integrity of the place.

Regardless, if someone doesn't like a guy's price and the guy is not doing something shady or dishonest that opinion can be expressed in a PM. Posting that in his threwd is poor form.

You and I read GPA quite differently. The celebs with Kirkman/Moore only add cost to the book. The sales price is negligible. 20% over GPA with no fees.