• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

glad to see sellers are already pimping sexy Leia covers as being "banned" (there's been no confirmation on any sort of Marvel rule or guideline, and even JMS walked back his comment later ("For the record, I didn’t say this with any authority, I simply mentioned it seemed to be the case")

and referencing sexy leia "rules" (again there have been no statements about it outside of the fact that Disney will be phasing out the old Slave Leia toy merch) that no one has even proved exist.

I thought this place was better than e-bay in terms of pimping, but it seems to be about even these days.... but I guess if a seller is dumb enough to bite at speculation and inuendo and unconfirmed reports then it's their own fault...

Maybe next Comic Con or the Carbo show... get a "get together" together.

:takeit:

There's a 5 foot height limit

I'm 5'5" remember

5'6" in shoes :headbang:

Is someone going to be organizing a basketball game?

41QW2m3CjZL.jpg

I've actually eaten at Carmine's and took a leak next to Doc Rivers (in the men's room, of course). This was back when he played for the Knicks. That was quite some time ago...1993, I think.

Edited by Epic Peach

Can someone explain how offering 45 copper age books that are described as readers and it is clearly stated that there are no valuable books in the lot is construed to be a mystery box? Shouldn't a mystery box actually have some mystery to it?

How anal does one have to be to report this to the mods?

Can someone explain how offering 45 copper age books that are described as readers and it is clearly stated that there are no valuable books in the lot is construed to be a mystery box? Shouldn't a mystery box actually have some mystery to it?

I saw that one. It's a head-scratcher, really. Especially with you posting in Mixed. Not really prime real estate, that. It did not look like a mystery sale to my eyes.

The post was removed. I said in it that I was looking to move bulk readers. Gave a price for a box of BA readers, one for CA and one for modern. Mentioned at least twice that these were reader books, not investment grade and that there would be no books of value in any of the boxes. Gave the cover prices that would be included, said they were readers. Most of them were much higher grade than readers but I didn't want to give anyone the impression there might be anything of value.

Edited by shadroch

Shad, why do you think it was reported? Maybe it was just a moderator that considered it a "mystery box" despite the fact there was no "lottery" element to it. :shrug: