• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever heard of this web site?

Comic Book Headquarters

Wife found it on group on and it had some deal but stated shipping not included so I went digging around the site and there are some decent books so I added a few to the cart and went to check out through paypal and there was again nothing regarding shipping.

I find it impossible to believe someone is selling a 10-12 dollar slab and that includes shipping...but looking around the site it was registered in 2012 and it has a private registration through GoDaddy but I was able to find the owners name. address and facebook...

i would contact them and confirm them before sending any money but that's just me

I just bought the Amazing Fantasy 15!

I mailed them cash, they told me that it is the safest method of payment! Can't wait to get this grail book at a 2013 price!

I thought my website updates were slow. lol

Has anyone ever heard of this web site?

Comic Book Headquarters

Wife found it on group on and it had some deal but stated shipping not included so I went digging around the site and there are some decent books so I added a few to the cart and went to check out through paypal and there was again nothing regarding shipping.

I find it impossible to believe someone is selling a 10-12 dollar slab and that includes shipping...but looking around the site it was registered in 2012 and it has a private registration through GoDaddy but I was able to find the owners name. address and facebook...

i would contact them and confirm them before sending any money but that's just me

I just bought the Amazing Fantasy 15!

I mailed them cash, they told me that it is the safest method of payment! Can't wait to get this grail book at a 2013 price!

I thought my website updates were slow. lol

The fact that you have 6 books on your website made me go :o

Although I think the ASM 15 is sold :P

Is this a sale of a CBCS Book on the CGC Boards? hm

Tomb of Dracula 10 - Graded 8.0 by others - $225

Tomb%20of%20Dracula%2010%20CBCS_zpswq3wipqk.jpg

"Graded 8.0 by others"

I was a bit worried about it being in a competitors case so I may have under sold it a bit. :cry:

And stupid GPA has it at $234 for a CGC 8.0. Swear the prices seem all over the place for pretty much all books.

I didn't see who it was but there was one about a week ago that got yanked real quick and he was not a noob either.

NOOB = Not Obligated Or Bound ( to follow board rules ) ?

Doesn't take much detective work to see it was my thread so better to discuss it rather then brush it under the rug. Thought I had seen other books sell in a competitors slab and it was cool as long as the label was not showing. Probably saw it before it got pulled. Based on the quick response from the mods I definitely confirmed in my head it's a big no/no. Won't do it again.

Of course that was the only book that sold. lol

Edited by 1Cool

It's only the first rule in the list of selling rules. I can see how it would get lost in the shuffle.

Forgive him, he's new around here and that's his first selling thread.

To be fair... I remember seeing someone selling a competitors slab but telling the forum to treat it as a raw copy. This was about four or five months ago? The scan omitted the label.

I shrugged it off and moved on. Wasn't anything interesting to me and figured it wasn't any of my business.

Edited by Buzzetta

To be fair... I remember seeing someone selling a competitors slab but telling the forum to treat it as a raw copy. This was about four or five months ago? The scan omitted the label.

I shrugged it off and moved on. Wasn't anything interesting to me and figured it wasn't any of my business.

Thought I saw a couple of these instances which is why I thought rule #1 did not apply if you did not show the label and advertise a certain competitor. I came right out and said it was in a slab and didn't try to hide anything. Incorrect assumption on my part and it won't happen again. Not really much more left to say.

Thought I saw a couple of these instances which is why I thought rule #1 did not apply if you did not show the label and advertise a certain competitor. I came right out and said it was in a slab and didn't try to hide anything. Incorrect assumption on my part and it won't happen again. Not really much more left to say.

Exactly. You had a brain fart. You won't make that mistake again. Anything more than that is just someone looking to grind an axe.

Its ok after tonight you won't need to enter the grading thread :baiting: good luck good sir!

Its ok after tonight you won't need to enter the grading thread :baiting: good luck good sir!

Rumble_zps88dncchp.png