• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

what should I do if I buy a CGC book and it arrives damaged because it was only shipped in a bubble mailer and the seller will not pay return shipping?

grinder67 is his name

I got the book damaged

I requested a refund + return shipping through PayPal

He said to ship the book back

I asked if he was going to refund return shipping

He did not respond

I gave him the option to partial refund $12 (reholder) + $5 shipping to CGC for the reholder

He refused and refuses to pay return shipping

He shipped it in a bubble mailer with no additional protection

Post it here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976814

what should I do if I buy a CGC book and it arrives damaged because it was only shipped in a bubble mailer and the seller will not pay return shipping?

grinder67 is his name

I got the book damaged

I requested a refund + return shipping through PayPal

He said to ship the book back

I asked if he was going to refund return shipping

He did not respond

I gave him the option to partial refund $12 (reholder) + $5 shipping to CGC for the reholder

He refused and refuses to pay return shipping

He shipped it in a bubble mailer with no additional protection

Post it here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1976814

Sounds like you might want to think about a Probation List nomination. I'd also post your information here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267425&fpart=3331

Looking back on his posting history, he's run a few slab sales in the last few months, all charging either $11 or $13 for priority shipping. No clue why a slab is going out in a bubble wrap mailer, especially when being charged medium flat rate prices.

Looking back on his posting history, he's run a few slab sales in the last few months, all charging either $11 or $13 for priority shipping. No clue why a slab is going out in a bubble wrap mailer, especially when being charged medium flat rate prices.

BrianC bought the book according to PM terms - We do not know what the PM terms were.

They could have been - "Hey I only want to pay $50 total for this book, so please ship it the cheapest way possible."

If that's the case (and especially if there was even more back and forth) then it may not be as cut and dried as it seems at first blush.

BrianC bought the book according to PM terms - We do not know what the PM terms were.

They could have been - "Hey I only want to pay $50 total for this book, so please ship it the cheapest way possible."

If that's the case (and especially if there was even more back and forth) then it may not be as cut and dried as it seems at first blush.

Great point.

I'll give this a bump with a question. Does anybody think this would be a good venue to sell Star Wars action figures in? I have a few tubs full of them, and have never actually had a sales thread before. I could post some picks if anyone is interested.

I'll give this a bump with a question. Does anybody think this would be a good venue to sell Star Wars action figures in? I have a few tubs full of them, and have never actually had a sales thread before. I could post some picks if anyone is interested.

You can list them over in the Mixed Age and Misc section:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=56&PHPSESSID=

Good luck!

Somebody had some luck selling a big batch of GI Joe figures last week I believe. Worth a shot! :shrug:

Somebody had some luck selling a big batch of GI Joe figures last week I believe. Worth a shot! :shrug:

Yup I sure did, and now I've got a handful of G1 Transformers I'm thinking of listing there. It's hard to tell when someone is going to be into that sort of thing but the marketplace here definitely gets some traffic.

Calling out prices in a sales thread. Helpful or tacky?

Sometimes a book sells within seconds, sometimes it's still sitting there a month later.

The book is hot, but the price is not. This board has money, no doubt, but sometimes great books just sit there, and you know we are all thinking the same thing: "The price is too high."

But if that is mentioned, the pitchforks come out. Even if someone is just expressing what others may be thinking.

Thoughts?

Calling out prices in a sales thread. Helpful or tacky?

Sometimes a book sells within seconds, sometimes it's still sitting there a month later.

The book is hot, but the price is not. This board has money, no doubt, but sometimes great books just sit there, and you know we are all thinking the same thing: "The price is too high."

But if that is mentioned, the pitchforks come out. Even if someone is just expressing what others may be thinking.

Thoughts?

A sales thread is not the place to discuss price unless the seller makes a factually inaccurate assertion. For example, quoting a gpa sale of $10,000 when no such sale exists.

People need to mind their own business.