• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I've had 1 FS thread here in the last 3 weeks. The book was also on ebay (I forgot) and it was pulled before i could delete it off my ebay site, yet 5 threads are left to sit all day with books being sold.

If the mods are going to police, they need to be even across the boards. What I see happening now is nowhere near even. And yes I am jaded, bitter, etc. Call it what you want but if you throw down the gauntlet do it all the time or not at all.

You probably posted your thread right when a Mod was there to take immediate action.

Moondog did it after midnight on a Sunday night. zzz

I've had 1 FS thread here in the last 3 weeks. The book was also on ebay (I forgot) and it was pulled before i could delete it off my ebay site, yet 5 threads are left to sit all day with books being sold.

If the mods are going to police, they need to be even across the boards. What I see happening now is nowhere near even. And yes I am jaded, bitter, etc. Call it what you want but if you throw down the gauntlet do it all the time or not at all.

You probably posted your thread right when a Mod was there to take immediate action.

Moondog did it after midnight on a Sunday night. zzz

Yeah... seems like there has been a lot more action in general on the boards based on the # of threads moved markers, so I'd probably chalk it up to timing is all.

And I swear if I see ANOTHER Supes #4 go up for sale, I'm going to have an awful time not popping the BIN this time...

I wanted to post this in the "Thinking about" thread, but felt I wouldn't want to start a bickering match in Arch's thread.

Here's what's eating me: the complaining that "I'll never buy a modern here again because of the sub-forums." That's fine with me, I must say, as most of the people proclaiming this don't buy moderns anyway for the most part. It's like me saying, "I'll never buy another GA book again!" My current GA book count: 0

And I will say this, it must be tough to rustle up all these soapboxes that everyone's standing on. You don't want to buy moderns because you have to click a separate link? Fine. Standing with a megaphone and decrying all future modern sales? Pointless. Using your complaints about the new sub-forums as a way to once again look down your nose at moderns and further push your own agenda? Completely unnecessary and needlessly antagonistic.

The funniest thing? Certain proclaimers of this epithet are sellers of moderns! What the krap? lol

And certain members need to stay out of the modern scene anyway. :whistle:

I would be happy to buy a Modern. If I could just find the friggin' sub forum and thread they are supposed to be in. :frustrated:

P.S. Soap boxes are free. :acclaim:

lol - it's so tough to find the sub-forum, I just sold 300+ books in it last weekend.

I wanted to post this in the "Thinking about" thread, but felt I wouldn't want to start a bickering match in Arch's thread.

Here's what's eating me: the complaining that "I'll never buy a modern here again because of the sub-forums." That's fine with me, I must say, as most of the people proclaiming this don't buy moderns anyway for the most part. It's like me saying, "I'll never buy another GA book again!" My current GA book count: 0

And I will say this, it must be tough to rustle up all these soapboxes that everyone's standing on. You don't want to buy moderns because you have to click a separate link? Fine. Standing with a megaphone and decrying all future modern sales? Pointless. Using your complaints about the new sub-forums as a way to once again look down your nose at moderns and further push your own agenda? Completely unnecessary and needlessly antagonistic.

The funniest thing? Certain proclaimers of this epithet are sellers of moderns! What the krap? lol

:applause:

What I personally meant when I said it was that I used to pick up the casual modern, copper or comic affiliated thingy as an impulse buy and that doesn't happen any more. I don't browse those forums any more.

I can adapt to whatever the majority wants, I just preferred the old selling forum. It was a little more fun and entertaining. Too focused becomes less fun for me.

R.

What I personally meant when I said it was that I used to pick up the casual modern, copper or comic affiliated thingy as an impulse buy and that doesn't happen any more. I don't browse those forums any more.

I can adapt to whatever the majority wants, I just preferred the old selling forum. It was a little more fun and entertaining. Too focused becomes less fun for me.

R.

(thumbs u Like R said.

I still browse the moderns once in a while but when i do what looks interesting to me i already gone so i miss it. I guess this way i have more money for my SA.

I like the old format maybe should have cleanned the first page and move all the kudos probation etc threads to a sub forum. oh well just have to roll with it.

R.

Can you believe we agree? I must have hit my head. hm

I thought he would be banned myself.... :P

Wasn't he a shill too? (shrug) I thought that was mentioned in there somewhere.

C

I thought he would be banned myself.... :P

Wasn't he a shill too? (shrug) I thought that was mentioned in there somewhere.

C

No, not to my knowledge. Primetime tried to sell a couple of books for him, but I don't think Mr. Simmons had been on the boards before.

R.

Can you believe we agree? I must have hit my head. hm

Baby steps. We can do it. Baby steps.

Where do people get off charging $6.00 for a Priority Mail Envelope? hm Are we moving towards the Bay? :insane:

Maybe they are including insurance? (shrug):wishluck: