• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Where do people get off charging $6.00 for a Priority Mail Envelope? hm Are we moving towards the Bay? :insane:

lol - I fixed that in my listing, thanks for pointing it out (albeit indirectly). To be honest with you, as infrequently as I sell books, I don't think anyone has ever chosen that option because I usually move bigger lots. I lost money on shipping during my last two sales.

Sorry if I offended, it certainly wasn't intentional.

Speaking of eBay....weren't they supposed to be doing something to prevent shipping $$ gouging? I was checking out a comic auction the other day where the guy was charging $12 for the first comic and $1 per comic after that up to $6, for a maximum cap of $18.

More interesting is someone who lists an obscure GA book at midnite, bumps it after an hour or two cause it didn't sell and then after a total of 3 hours moves it to Ebay.

:roflmao:

More interesting is someone who lists an obscure GA book at midnite, bumps it after an hour or two cause it didn't sell and then after a total of 3 hours moves it to Ebay.

Did they sound indignant because it didn't sell?

I always love those ones :cool:

Where do people get off charging $6.00 for a Priority Mail Envelope? hm Are we moving towards the Bay? :insane:

lol - I fixed that in my listing, thanks for pointing it out (albeit indirectly). To be honest with you, as infrequently as I sell books, I don't think anyone has ever chosen that option because I usually move bigger lots. I lost money on shipping during my last two sales.

Sorry if I offended, it certainly wasn't intentional.

Speaking of eBay....weren't they supposed to be doing something to prevent shipping $$ gouging? I was checking out a comic auction the other day where the guy was charging $12 for the first comic and $1 per comic after that up to $6, for a maximum cap of $18.

(thumbs u :foryou::hi:

No bodies to enforce it on eBay? (shrug)

Luxx :gossip:

Suxx. I like the guy. Too bad he keeps throwing sand.

$4.60 for shipping and it's what? $0.75 for tracking (assuming you're not using the PP shipping)? Doesn't really seem to be far off the mark IMO.

I have as little to do with Paypal as possible. Using their shipping is just another donation to eBay... Just say NO! Besides, the guys at the PO need their jobs too... support your local economy!

I honestly don't see the big deal in a buck or two either way for shipping. (shrug)

$5-10 yeah, but not a $1.20

I agree, a buck or two isn't a big deal. There are guys selling on this board that charge shipping and handling and there is definately handling.

I lovingly caress each and every comic before it leaves my possession. :luhv:

I honestly don't see the big deal in a buck or two either way for shipping. (shrug)

I agree, a buck or two isn't a big deal. There are guys selling on this board that charge shipping and handling and there is definately handling.

:sick:

And I lovingly wipe off each comic that I receive from you with an antibacterial wipe before taking it out of the bag/board and putting it into a new one.... :insane:

Brian

And I lovingly wipe off each comic that I receive from you with an antibacterial wipe before taking it out of the bag/board and putting it into a new one.... :insane:

Brian

Probably a wise idea... hm

$4.80 with tracking online, any way you cut it :makepoint: Are you telling me someone here doesn't know how to do that? lol

I only ship in priority boxes for safety reasons. I usually lose on every sale I do (on shipping), but i would rather the books be safe. Too many books get jacked up in envelopes.