• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

But anyone willing to pay more than $10K for a book has probably done some research on prices so maybe in the absence of available copies in this grade the buyer, at least, saw it as a good deal.

On your general point, selective quoting of GPA data is bothersome.

I assumed this was the case (the bolded). Anyone in the market for a 5 figure book has an idea of what s/he wants to pay for the book in a variety of grades. And with few sales, and very little ever hitting the market you strike when you get the chance.

I doubt the GPA info actually factored into the sale, it was just a 5 figure example of selective data mining to fit price justification (at least that's how it was presented).

GPA was of little or no help with many of my past Action purchases. I went by what I was willing to pay. The entire run has been sold, and I was happy with what I received for it.

You have to love boardies who come here bragging about finding a run of 12 issues of a title for a quarter each, then they try to sell the lot for $270. :facepalm:

Chew 1-12 all first prints for .25/ea. Not a Tec 27 but still a decent score.

Hi everyone, just this lot today. All books are raw like the title says. I'll do my best to list the defects present on each book. There are some press candidates in this lot. I would prefer to sell this as a lot, PM's are welcome but :takeit: wins .

Rules

No HOS/PROBIES, vagrants or charlatans.

US and CAN only, no INT'L.

Paypal, check money order are accepted.

Thread is open until SUN as a lot, then I will price it individually and close the thread for good on MON.

Each book will be listed in order and the any defects present will be listed after.

$270 shipped for the lot.

You have to love boardies who come here bragging about finding a run of 12 issues of a title for a quarter each, then they try to sell the lot for $270. :facepalm:

well just cause he found them for a steal doesnt mean he has to sell them for one...

Im just waiting for him to say something like "dropped my price to $200, which is what I have in them" or something like that... and everyone goes... hm:facepalm:

well just cause he found them for a steal doesnt mean he has to sell them for one...

Im just waiting for him to say something like "dropped my price to $200, which is what I have in them" or something like that... and everyone goes... hm:facepalm:

With that profit margin, he could at least offer free shipping. lol

Offer him $1 a book and end with.. "Hey you are quadrupling your investment!"

Chew 1-12 all first prints for .25/ea. Not a Tec 27 but still a decent score.

Hi everyone, just this lot today. All books are raw like the title says. I'll do my best to list the defects present on each book. There are some press candidates in this lot. I would prefer to sell this as a lot, PM's are welcome but :takeit: wins .

Rules

No HOS/PROBIES, vagrants or charlatans.

US and CAN only, no INT'L.

Paypal, check money order are accepted.

Thread is open until SUN as a lot, then I will price it individually and close the thread for good on MON.

Each book will be listed in order and the any defects present will be listed after.

$270 shipped for the lot.

Capitalism at its finest.

Well, at least he's not asking the buyer to cover his PP fees. :D

Well, at least he's not asking the buyer to cover his PP fees. :D

lol

"Sup Biltches.

So...what's new??

Haven't looked at or thought about comics for a while......Just spent 4 hours going thru 20 boxes to see if I have anything worth a damn. Not sure I do but I had a good time.

So......WASSSUP BLTCHES!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sup Biltches.

So...what's new??

Haven't looked at or thought about comics for a while......Just spent 4 hours going thru 20 boxes to see if I have anything worth a damn. Not sure I do but I had a good time.

hm

"Sup Biltches.

So...what's new??

:banana::banana:

I suppose, now that Stan has signed every comic once, this is the next logical step...

IMG_1294_zps60504aa9.jpg

I'm sure the restoration outcome was a bummer, I think the double sig wouldnt have been that bad if he hadn't partially signed over the first sig!

I suppose, now that Stan has signed every comic once, this is the next logical step...

I'm sure the restoration outcome was a bummer, I think the double sig wouldnt have been that bad if he hadn't partially signed over the first sig!

Why not get him to sign it on the inside? Or why not just be happy with the green label you'd get from the first sig?

wouldnt it have just gotten a straight purple with a "stan lee written on cover" notation?

Dunno. I thought sigs they knew were legit but hadn't witnessed got the green label. But you're probably right. And I suppose yellow with a purple stripe brings in more cash than straight purple, even with tons of mush twixt Shellhead's legs.

I'm still hung up on why not go for the second sig on the interior. Or on the back even...

doing that exact move with a book of mine. unverified sig on the front, multiple verified sigs on the back (it has a big white space perfect for sigs). I'll get mid-grade yellow (since the front sig is a defect) but I dont care.

I've just been reading about a PM sale go bad, and the question put forth is why anyone should begrudge a dealer for turning a profit. In my opinion, making a local find entitles you to set your asking price, you did the work. However, buying a book from one boardie to jack up the price and flip to another boardie seems like bad form. The pool is small enough as it is.

More than that, though, after listening to bickering back and forth, I just find I want to deal with fewer and fewer people on the boards. Anyone else get that freeling?