• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Thank you for a straightforward answer. At this point, there is so much controversy I agree that the only fair thing to do at this point is to remove him from the PL.

If so, then Ocean better realize he is on a very short leash.

This is like a mass-murderer being let off because he just happened not to kill one specific guy he was accused of. Doesn't make him innocent, just of that charge.

I thought that was something JC just made up or assumed. Was it part of an actual pm or statement?

I never said a word about that.

I meant that a little tongue in cheek. Sorry about that. :foryou:

I don't know about you guys, but between debating Ocean, Jawn, Mystery Boxes and the fact PIF has completely collapsed, I am exhausted! zzz

I STILL am ??? why he doesn't just take the high road and write Jawn and see if there is anything he can do to make Jawn satisfied and get off of the list.

Instead of deflection, why not start there? (shrug)

\

The more he posts, the more you can see why this incident took place. That is why I think past actions and attitudes are relevant because it shows a pattern.

OK, so without going right to "the thread was still open & he bought it" - explain how jawn's actions make him the blameless victim in this.

Keep in mind, PM content however vague, his comprehension of PM content from his early May posts (price & holding the book), his (IMHO) mistaken impression that another $10 was all the seller wanted out of the book.

If you still find him innocent, then explain why he said he kept checking to see if the thread was open before he posted the "takeit" - who does that if they don't feel they are putting one over on someone & taking advantage of the situation.

(shrug)

The high road is still possible for the seller but the buyer's actions made it a pretty steep climb.

2c

Where is that post that said he kept checking the thread to see if it was closed? I remember reading it, but I can't find it anywhere. Anybody know what page?

I thought that was something JC just made up or assumed. Was it part of an actual pm or statement?

Here's the link to the original post by jawn.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7659442#Post7659442

I linked it & pasted it the text bolded in my post early this morning - just open up the second spoiler to see it. here.

(thumbs u

Ahh thanks.

I took Jawn's statement to mean more that when he made the offer, the thread wasn't closed. Then when he agreed to the asking price, the thread still wasn't closed. I didn't think he meant he kept checking to see if it was closed just so he could pull a sketchy move.

Only jawn can answer that. I PM'ed him with a link to this discussion. If he doesn't care about the nomination, let him say that.

I don't think anyone wants to put words in someone else's mouth. If jawn don't care, neither will. (thumbs u

I have started a new job and haven't had as much time to be on here, topped with a power outage last night.

I do stand behind my nomination. My frustration was that it didn't mean anything to him since he just took the book to Ebay and could have cared less. I really don't think the price was that far out of line and stick by what I did. He was bartering and he knows it.

Only jawn can answer that. I PM'ed him with a link to this discussion. If he doesn't care about the nomination, let him say that.

I don't think anyone wants to put words in someone else's mouth. If jawn don't care, neither will. (thumbs u

I have started a new job and haven't had as much time to be on here, topped with a power outage last night.

I do stand behind my nomination. My frustration was that it didn't mean anything to him since he just took the book to Ebay and could have cared less. I really don't think the price was that far out of line and stick by what I did. He was bartering and he knows it.

If I was "bartering" I wouldn't have said this

23wso3o.jpg

How is saying my asking price is too low a bartering technique?

You knew I wasn't selling at that price and still tried to claim it

As i've said before this is only an issue because I didn't take the book down like I should have thats it

Thank you for a straightforward answer. At this point, there is so much controversy I agree that the only fair thing to do at this point is to remove him from the PL. I have no idea how that is done though. I am guessing from Jawn who does not care anymore anyway?

Going forward, I would just suggest taking your time when listing things here and on ebay and being clear when making decisions. You may not have intended it, but you have come off in several unrelated threads as being a not so straight person to deal with. I am not saying you are shady but reputation means a lot on these boards. If a problem does come up deal with it as positive as you can and don't be one of those guys that basically says you will sell regardless of what anyone thinks of you.

Wise words from a respected board member

No matter what happens from now on i'm making sure I make things 100% clear and when I want to sell a book somewhere else or not at all i'll make sure it's taken down

I've got some good advice from a lot of board members. I don't want to always come off as a . I really don't want to be on the list, but I guess whats done is done. Live and learn. From now on i'm making sure I make things 100% clear and make sure my threads are CLOSED so I don't have to go through this again.

Thank you for a straightforward answer. At this point, there is so much controversy I agree that the only fair thing to do at this point is to remove him from the PL. I have no idea how that is done though. I am guessing from Jawn who does not care anymore anyway?

Going forward, I would just suggest taking your time when listing things here and on ebay and being clear when making decisions. You may not have intended it, but you have come off in several unrelated threads as being a not so straight person to deal with. I am not saying you are shady but reputation means a lot on these boards. If a problem does come up deal with it as positive as you can and don't be one of those guys that basically says you will sell regardless of what anyone thinks of you.

Wise words from a respected board member

No matter what happens from now on i'm making sure I make things 100% clear and when I want to sell a book somewhere else or not at all i'll make sure it's taken down

I've got some good advice from a lot of board members. I don't want to always come off as a . I really don't want to be on the list, but I guess whats done is done. Live and learn. From now on i'm making sure I make things 100% clear and make sure my threads are CLOSED so I don't have to go through this again.

hm

If I was "bartering" I wouldn't have said this

23wso3o.jpg

How is saying my asking price is too low a bartering technique?

You knew I wasn't selling at that price and still tried to claim it

As i've said before this is only an issue because I didn't take the book down like I should have thats it

To answer your question...yes. This is a common bartering technique implying you couldn't go any lower because it is already priced too low. Very common.