• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

With all of the exclusive creator/talent signing deals...
4 4

252 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, BeachBum said:

If I'm not mistaken you helped me out big time last year at Phoenix Comic Con - and personally handled my books for Sig Series after I handed them off. Thanks for looking out for them and treating them with respect. All came back 9.8 and above.

(thumbsu

You are very welcome sir!  I handle them funny books like they were new born babies!!!  :bigsmile:

On 3/26/2017 at 10:50 AM, reddwarf666222 said:

In 4 years conventions as we know them will die down because the average number of times a person goes to a convention is 4 times in a 4 year span and we have hit market saturation of both conventions and films/tv shows on in this genre.

Do you have any evidence to back this up?

I think this is, like, your opinion man. I disagree. Even if it's not, I question the validity of the research.

On 3/28/2017 at 4:26 PM, seanfingh said:

I am sure I did something awesome for you -  but not Laura getting someone who never signs to sign awesome

I was just quoting you so you would see it, trick. Guess i should have blanked the quote.  Laura is awesome.    Saturday booyah.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM, MedicAR said:

This is it.  You've clarified that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about since you first started typing in this thread and even if you think that you do, you can't write clearly enough to get it across.  First you "miswrote," then you appear to think that BeachBum sees any of this as a threat to his income which is silly considering how much CGC SS he does compared to the rest of his business.  

BeachBum is one of the best and was here long before you and will still be here when you have found something else to misunderstand.  I buy from him because I know he can grade and that if he says a raw book is a 9.8, it's a 9.8.  I will pay more to him because I know that fact as opposed to saving a buck and hoping for the best with someone else.  He used to do more CGC SS books, as I recall even acting as a facilitator, but changed his focus long before exclusivity became an issue.  I seriously doubt that his interest here has anything to do with lining his pockets.  He has been a steadfast defender of the Signature Series program and CGC in general since he showed up.  He, like most of us that frequent this room, want to see the program and the company continue to succeed.  The practices that you describe and claim to have witnessed hurt all involved: the company, the program, the facilitators that do it right, and the fans and collectors that have invested so much time and money into all of this.  

So many good posts from some people here that I wish I saw more often.  I think Doug's (above) is a really good one.  He hit a lot of good points.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:37 PM, BeachBum said:

You said it in two separate posts - stop back peddling. And do your research on me before you call me a troll and a dinosaur.

And reddwarf, BeachBum is right, this looks like a clear case of back-peddling.  You stated in very clear language that you have personally seen facilitators witness books without an authorized witness around...twice.  Now that you find out that this is a clear violation of the rules, it's simply something you "miswrote"...twice.  I'm not buying it. 

So who is doing this?  Your "maximize profits by any means necessary" mentality is detrimental to the integrity of the program. 

And Dre, stay under your bridge and stop trolling this guy.  What did he ever do to you?  :insane:

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, seanfingh said:

There are a lot of guys (myself included) that have gotten farther and farther away from the program the less it becomes a community of like minded collectors, and more a business division. Not making a value judgment, but it is something I agree with you 100% as it relates to the actual dynamic at shows and in the program.

I agree with this statement 100%. 

I'm sad I haven't caught Sean at a show in several years.  Though the term Sean-face (my son showing absolutely no facial expression whatsoever upon meeting Sean; not excited, not scared, not happy, not shy, nothing) is still alive and well in our house. 

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

I agree with this statement 100%. 

I'm sad I haven't caught Sean at a show in several years.  Though the term Sean-face (my son showing absolutely no facial expression whatsoever upon meeting Sean; not excited, not scared, not happy, not shy, nothing) is still alive and well in our house. 

You've got a fantastic family buddy, and I hope I can be the inspiration for blank stares for many more years!!

12 minutes ago, dhurley said:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1892730247641859&id=100007147066679

stable... this is the problem and I have no issue calling it out 

that link either doesn't work or I'm banned from that page.

Please expand on this comment :)

3 hours ago, Turtle said:

So many good posts from some people here that I wish I saw more often.  I think Doug's (above) is a really good one.  He hit a lot of good points.

And reddwarf, BeachBum is right, this looks like a clear case of back-peddling.  You stated in very clear language that you have personally seen facilitators witness books without an authorized witness around...twice.  Now that you find out that this is a clear violation of the rules, it's simply something you "miswrote"...twice.  I'm not buying it. 

So who is doing this?  Your "maximize profits by any means necessary" mentality is detrimental to the integrity of the program. 

And Dre, stay under your bridge and stop trolling this guy.  What did he ever do to you?  :insane:

I saw Turtle, Beach Bum, and June Lockhart do this get comics signed without a witness. No one has the heart to approach June Lockhart and tell she is doing something wrong since she was Lassie's owner on the tv show.

As far as any means necessary that means locking up talent, knowing who to know to get books early, and stuff like that. I don't see it as detrimental to the program when people are paying still. The demand is still there so they are filling a void. Good job guys who do this and are innovative 

the video i posted is a facilitator @dscott who has about 6 tables set up for talent at the show in Dallas this weekend. SO he has his hand in both cookie jars ..taking your books and making money off the talent that sign your books.

#merica

Edited by dhurley

30 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

I saw Turtle, Beach Bum, and June Lockhart do this get comics signed without a witness. No one has the heart to approach June Lockhart and tell she is doing something wrong since she was Lassie's owner on the tv show.

As far as any means necessary that means locking up talent, knowing who to know to get books early, and stuff like that. I don't see it as detrimental to the program when people are paying still. The demand is still there so they are filling a void. Good job guys who do this and are innovative 

What the hell are you talking about? Don't even try to throw me under the bus and cover up for your buddy