• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best drek storyline?

49 posts in this topic

Out of all the drek books, which ones actually had a good story and could be something you would recommend reading.

So often we seem to collect the most expensive books/stories...what about those times when you need to cut back on big purchases but would still like to pick up a few (cheap) books to read?

I just finished reading the Green Lantern: Emerald Twilight series (Green Lantern #48-50...technically 51 also) and it was a pretty good read.

Edited by meeklo

Since X-cutioner's Song has been mentioned here are some of my favorites from the 90s

• Operation: Galactic Storm
  • Rise of the Midnight Suns
  • Siege of Darkness
  • Age of Apocalypse

All of these can be found in the cheap bins for readers and some have cheap TPBs.

Laugh if you want, but Wolverine Vol 1 with wolverine vs Cyber was a good read as a kid as far as action and trash talk. I'm sure there are ton's better, but I've discussed this recently so it's on my mind. Evidently Cyber was trying to get dna, but that's beside the point or of none effect. Cyber seemed a formidable foe, and I enjoyed it, no idea if it holds up today compared to the 1990's lol 

One time, there was this stunt that Quesada pulled once where he said that Peter Parker made a deal with Mephisto to save his dying Aunt at the sacrifice of his wife and potential (?) daughter.  Then all of a sudden Harry Osborn came back.  They said it was magic or something.  

That was pretty ridiculous. 

33 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

One time, there was this stunt that Quesada pulled once where he said that Peter Parker made a deal with Mephisto to save his dying Aunt at the sacrifice of his wife and potential (?) daughter.  Then all of a sudden Harry Osborn came back.  They said it was magic or something.  

Oh yeah, right. And I suppose you're going to tell us that back in the day Norman Osborn slipped Gwen Stacy one as well are you! lol

Oh, wait... what?! :whatthe:

20 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Oh yeah, right. And I suppose you're going to tell us that back in the day Norman Osborn slipped Gwen Stacy one as well are you! lol

Oh, wait... what?! :whatthe:

That was actually more believable to me than One More Day... lol   It doesn't make that story great... but I say that to demonstrate how absolutely ridiculous OMD was to me.

BTW... STILL waiting to find out what MJ whispered into Mephisto's ear. 

51 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The thread title is "Best drek storyline," not "drek storylines." :gossip:

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

That was actually more believable to me than One More Day... lol   It doesn't make that story great... but I say that to demonstrate how absolutely ridiculous OMD was to me.

Joan of Ark wasn't too bad...

Just now, Lazyboy said:

Ohhhhhh......  My bad...

For my submission I say at this point... ANY of the Valiant company wide crossovers from Unity to Chaos Effect.   I also liked the storylines that saw the end of the original Valiant 4001 titles... 

4 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Oh, sorry. Blame Buzz, he started it. 

26 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I haven't thought about Joan of Ark since "the flames rose to her Roman nose and her walkman started to melt."

For that, a well deserved like ?

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

A:  Mary Jane Watson whispers to Mephisto that Peter will not trade his marriage for Aunt May's life unless Mary Jane tells him to accept the agreement,
and that Mephisto will leave Peter alone forever when the deal is done.
Mephisto agrees to these terms.

One Moment In Time Story Arc

5 minutes ago, MagnusX said:

A:  Mary Jane Watson whispers to Mephisto that Peter will not trade his marriage for Aunt May's life unless Mary Jane tells him to accept the agreement,
and that Mephisto will leave Peter alone forever when the deal is done.
Mephisto agrees to these terms.

One Moment In Time Story Arc

Maybe... originally it was that MJ would remember everything.