• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East Coast Snowstorm Pics Go Here

76 posts in this topic

I live in "The Icebox of Connecticut" which is always 5 to 15 degrees colder than the coldest spot in the state.  The only thing wrong with this storm is that the pub 200 yards away closed for the day. First time all winter. 

20170314_121206.jpg

20170314_121147.jpg

3 minutes ago, webeloobie said:

Never know, there could be some great pieces there today! 

Do you do that one? I come out in May from the west coast with my wife who is an antique dealer. Always come home with great stuff. Got to go early and hunt though. The first day is always epic.

I might lose my Italian card for this. Snowstorm Chicken Parm Slider. Take chicken, throw on some sauce, garlic powder, munster, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, slice of tomato on a toasted bialy.

IMG_5661.JPG

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Do you do that one? I come out in May from the west coast with my wife who is an antique dealer. Always come home with great stuff. Got to go early and hunt though. The first day is always epic.

I'll be there likely Wed & Thurs in May

57 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I'll be there likely Wed & Thurs in May

Thursday is May's field. Maybe the best flea market there is. Nobody sets up untill they open the gates. People are running and shoving to get through it. We are a lot more mellow out here. I always manage to score great stuff there. Walked around with my wallet in hand one time. I really hope to make it this year. It might be the first May I've missed in 15 years though.

We fly into Philly on a Friday morning and head for Addamstown. Pick there for the day, go to Kutztown on Saturday early and come back and finish Addamstown. Sunday is Rettingers, Black Angus and then we take the back roads to Brimfield for the show opening on Tuesday. A solid week of great junking!

How far from Brimfield is your shop Chris? Would love to stop by if I can fit it in.

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Haven't been to that one yet. Hopefully I'll be dug out by summer and check it out! 

North central Massachusetts here... don't remember conditions like this since Jersey in 1978.   A "real" blizzard for sure.  I'll have some pictures later when they wont be a big white blur.

47 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Thursday is May's field. Maybe the best flea market there is. Nobody sets up untill they open the gates. People are running and shoving to get through it. We are a lot more mellow out here. I always manage to score great stuff there. Walked around with my wallet in hand one time. I really hope to make it this year. It might be the first May I've missed in 15 years though.

We fly into Philly on a Friday morning and head for Addamstown. Pick there for the day, go to Kutztown on Saturday early and come back and finish Addamstown. Sunday is Rettingers, Black Angus and then we take the back roads to Brimfield for the show opening on Tuesday. A solid week of great junking!

How far from Brimfield is your shop Chris? Would love to stop by if I can fit it in.

Not even close. Takes me about an hour and a half. I'm right in the coast (Winthrop,MA). I know you'd get better deals from me and I got the stuff you like. It's so hard to crack a deal in Brim. I often struggle to spend a few hundred. I take thousands. I still love it. I think I'm part eccentric. 

Western Mass, just east of Springfield...the blowing and drifting make it seem worse  but I don't think we're going to get much more than 14 inches.  It is supposed to be mostly over at about 9pm.  Should be going skiing Thursday so I can't complain too much. 

6 minutes ago, Spidey 62 said:

Western Mass, just east of Springfield...the blowing and drifting make it seem worse  but I don't think we're going to get much more than 14 inches.  It is supposed to be mostly over at about 9pm.  Should be going skiing Thursday so I can't complain too much. 

I think you are about an hour from me, we have more than 14 inches. It was supposed to be 1-4, lol. My friends in Scarsdale were supposed to get 20, it's raining/sleeting down there.