• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East Coast Snowstorm Pics Go Here

76 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Foley said:

Lots of Nutmeggers I see. I'm a former Granby man myself :banana: 

Besides the occasional Nor'easter the best thing about Connecticut are all the old basements with comic collections waiting to be found.  Hotbed for golden aged artist's.  Hell I met Earl Norem in a swimming pool.

Well the storm is officially arrived in Montreal, it started up in the early afternoon, I did take some pics late afternoon, but they wouldn't do justice to what it is now. I'll take a picture tomorrow morning. Its so bad now my son's school board is shutting down tomorrow. That may not sound unusual, but here in Montreal they never close down anything for snow, almost never. You can have sheets of ice on the roads and they'll still send out the school buses. But tomorrow my son is home from school, it must be really bad outside.

NYC was projected at 12-20 inches and we only got 6, but it was nasty and froze fast..chizzeling out my driveway, which was blocked off by a 3 foot pile of frozen snow plow snow, hunk by hunk was a huge pain and I almost got run over when I fell down.  Frankly, I had a much easier time shoveling  last time we got 12 inches.

Edited by the blob

1 hour ago, the blob said:

NYC was projected at 12-20 inches and we only got 6, but it was nasty and froze fast..chizzeling out my driveway, which was blocked off by a 3 foot pile of frozen snow plow snow, hunk by hunk was a huge pain and I almost got run over when I fell down.  Frankly, I had a much easier time shoveling  last time we got 12 inches.

You have the sleet to thank for that.  It put an ice shell and everything and made snow removal a pain in the .

Today was pretty tame but between the accumulation yesterday and the snow plow blocking the car in the lot we had a lot of digging to do. Happily my 6 year old bravely volunteered to do the shovelling. I would have taken an "after" pic but by the time he had done, 3 and a half hours later, the battery on the camera had died...o well...still lots of happy memories of his first snow day!

Nat&SnowDay1.jpg

Nat&SnowDay2.jpg

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Is that a no dog parking sign? 

Canadians...., 9_9

That's right, too many people were tying up their sled dogs there, taking a whiz on peoples' cars, so the city stepped in and put a stop to that, let me tell you...no dogs whizzing on our cars....well...maybe the occasional Golf or Yaris...but otherwise we just don't take that kind of stuff up here! :sumo:

35 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

He looks very tall for 6 years old, what a great kid! Don't discourage him, lol..

Thanks for saying so Sha, we're pretty proud of him, and he has the magnets you sent him, as promised I didn't keep them for myself. I told him if he sticks it out and shovels all the snow all winter he can grow up to be big and strong just like Superman! And fly too! lol

2 minutes ago, crassus said:
7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Is that a no dog parking sign? 

Canadians...., 9_9

That's right, too many people were tying up their sled dogs there, taking a whiz on peoples' cars, so the city stepped in and put a stop to that, let me tell you...no dogs whizzing on our cars....well...maybe the occasional Golf or Yaris...but otherwise we just don't take that kind of stuff up here! :sumo:

I take my dogs out early in the morning, so that they can pee on all my neigbor's cars.

3 minutes ago, crassus said:

Thanks for saying so Sha, we're pretty proud of him, and he has the magnets you sent him, as promised I didn't keep them for myself. I told him if he sticks it out and shovels all the snow all winter he can grow up to be big and strong just like Superman! And fly too! lol

Awww...I'm going to HAVE to send more magnets, remind me which ones he has! 

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

Awww...I'm going to HAVE to send more magnets, remind me which ones he has! 

Superman and Wonder Woman, he loves them, I told him if he was a good boy he could break open his piggy bank and spend the money on comics...and he might get more magnets! I'm always looking out for his best interests...

29 minutes ago, crassus said:

Superman and Wonder Woman, he loves them, I told him if he was a good boy he could break open his piggy bank and spend the money on comics...and he might get more magnets! I'm always looking out for his best interests...

Such a good father, lol...:foryou:

NYC was quite a slushy mess.  There is nothing like stepping foot on solid ground then bringing your other foot over just to sink into the slush.  

Cold foot... 

Did grab some Korean BBQ up on 32nd today though... I let my friend order as she is Korean.  She picked and ordered for both of us. That made the cold foot easier to deal with. :D

Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 10.43.53 PM.png

2 hours ago, crassus said:

Today was pretty tame but between the accumulation yesterday and the snow plow blocking the car in the lot we had a lot of digging to do. Happily my 6 year old bravely volunteered to do the shovelling. I would have taken an "after" pic but by the time he had done, 3 and a half hours later, the battery on the camera had died...o well...still lots of happy memories of his first snow day!

Nat&SnowDay1.jpg

Nat&SnowDay2.jpg

Some snow