• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reinvention of 'Pay It Forward' Thread
1 1

Do you think it's worth it to reconsider 'Pay It Forward' thread?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it's worth it to reconsider 'Pay It Forward' thread?

• Yes
    • No
    • Need more details before making an educated decision.

128 posts in this topic

On 22/03/2017 at 1:46 AM, NamesJay said:

So, based on responses and feedback here, I won't be the one to revive the PIF thread.

Alternatively, I'm going to begin a new thread with a "comic based game" with the winner of the game receiving a prize. 

Rules:

1) If you "win" you have to create your own game and offer a prize. The game could be as simple as a trivia question, but in the spirit of the contest, the harder the game, the better the prize should be. 

2) Must specify whether International members are allowed to participate. Or if there is an expectation of helping with shipping charges...

3) There should be a level of effort in producing the game. Nothing like "Who created Amazing Spider-Man?" Don't create a question that can be 'solved' by a Google search in under a minute.

4) It doesn't matter what VALUE your prize is. There is no need to offer a prize of equal value to the previous game runner. This will hopefully alleviate the issues with the PIF thread.

Before I begin the thread, "what say you?" 

That could be a fun game NamesJay.  I applaud your perseverance. Give us an example of the type of game you have in mind, if only to see how long it takes someone to the answer? Maybe it will inspire a more enthusiastic response. 

13 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

That could be a fun game NamesJay.  I applaud your perseverance. Give us an example of the type of game you have in mind, if only to see how long it takes someone to the answer? Maybe it will inspire a more enthusiastic response. 

Sure thing... I'll post something tomorrow afternoon and a link here with the "first installment"

4 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

Sure thing... I'll post something tomorrow afternoon and a link here with the "first installment"

Excellent!

On 4/28/2017 at 0:34 PM, NamesJay said:

Sorry I've been slacking on this. I will definitely have something this weekend!

I suck. I won't make promises that I can't keep anymore -- but will try to have something up this week sometime that is worthwhile.