• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it Time We Knocked Hate on the Head? ? ? ?

Is it Time We Knocked Hate on The Head?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Has 'Hate' Become Boring?

• Yes, there are no hate jokes left in the world. Stop now 😃
    • No, we've barely touched the surface of available hate - keep going 😠
    • I hate you for asking 😈

194 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Only joking. Unc is probably right - this thread will likely get moved to the WC.  Just as soon as the administration team all get back from their six month holiday. 

If the thread did actually get moved to the Water Cooler, this would be one of the first posts...

Edited by Ken Aldred

So, two hours and ten votes in we can see that ceasing hate and continuing hate are tied second whilst leading the pack with 4 votes is a hatred of the OP.

As for the underlying reasons for the current Hate Spate we have:

Possible Underlying Causes of Hate

1. Loneliness
  2. The fact that one cannot make an honest contribution without the topic being locked or vanishing altogether, given the taboos that have been instantiated by the institutional authorities
  3. lizards2 making coffee squirt out of your nose
  4. The total and absolute absence of the Administration function for three weeks (by implication)
  5. Certain green vegetables

I will distil this information further, as the votes come in

P.S. at least four of you are utter Bastages

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

If the thread did actually get moved to the Water Cooler, this would be one of the first posts...

rm.thumb.png.65c91ff41ecc1ba8ea9bc7c3c235604f.png

"We shall see....Now vote, Ken, vote"

Evening all. 

Four days and seventeen votes in we can see that ceasing hate has fallen back and now lies a distant, pitiful third. The continuation of hate leads the field jointly with a hatred of the OP for asking the question in the first place - both have 7 votes each. So hate is clearly a much loved feature of the new boards as things stand.

As for the underlying reasons for the continuation of the new boards hate spate we have:

• Loneliness
  • The fact that one cannot make an honest contribution without the topic being locked or vanishing altogether, given the taboos that have been instantiated by the institutional authorities
  • lizards2 making coffee squirt out of your nose
  • Like gaming
  • The Administration functions continued disregard for the 'Questions!' section
  • Certain green vegetables
  • Moderator infallibility (total and absolute)
  • Numbers that differ depending on what screen you're in
  • Discussing FDQE's despite having only just got here
  • The List
  • What Robert Mitchum knows
  • Thread ignoring
  • Things ending in fro
  • Sentences from Kav in which all the words have an identifiable meaning individually but not collectively
  • The inability to give 0.0000000001% ground to any party in any discussion under any circumstances in the MAD zone
  • Hatred

We'll have to wait for a later date to see whether the rate of hate will abate or proliferate.

P.S. Seven of you are Crummy Bastages (thank you JSJ for that line, one of my all time board favourites)

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

• Sentences from Kav in which all the words have an identifiable meaning individually but not collectively

My favorite!  :golfclap:

7 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

hate the American spelling of favourite! ?

I hate unnecessary u's, even though I'm forced to use them now :baiting:

Favourite has been the preferred spelling in British English for several centuries, but this does not mean that favorite is a late arrival to the language or even American in origin. In fact, the OED lists instances of favorite from as long ago as the 17th century. Milton used it in Paradise Lost and, and William Wordsworth used it around 1800 (and many more examples are easily found in historical Google Books searches). The preference for favourite was not well established in British English until the first half of the 19th century, which is around the same time Americans settled on what is now their spelling.

P.S. Someone needs to start a new 20 questions, but I don't want it to be me.

Edited by Foley

6 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:
30 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

My favorite!  :golfclap:

hate the American spelling of favourite! ?

Your true colours are showing....., :baiting:

11 minutes ago, Foley said:

Favourite has been the preferred spelling in British English for several centuries, but this does not mean that favorite is a late arrival to the language or even American in origin. In fact, the OED lists instances of favorite from as long ago as the 17th century. Milton used it in Paradise Lost and, and William Wordsworth used it around 1800 (and many more examples are easily found in historical Google Books searches). The preference for favourite was not well established in British English until the first half of the 19th century, which is around the same time Americans settled on what is now their spelling.

Nobody likes a smart arse Foley. Or is that ? ?

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:

Nobody likes a smart arse Foley. Or is that ? ?

There's a three letter word missing there due to the insane new boards filter.  Which I HATE! ?

:roflmao:

15 minutes ago, Foley said:

I'd do it Foley but I'm feeling off colour.