• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

lost in the fire
1 1

27 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2017 at 2:56 PM, lobrac said:

His dog Sheba. More important than any of the lost art or property.

Really ? That's just awefull, truly horrific. As a pet owner, I can truly say that *if* (and I sincerely hope it never happens to me) my house gets caught in a fire, all the original art can burn with it as long as I could save my pets from getting burned alive.

On 3/23/2017 at 4:26 PM, wurstisart said:

I have to agree, it would be more than helpful and informative if all the details would be available in one place instead of hearing different stories depending on who you ask,

Of course it would be. In part that is why it isn't. 

6 hours ago, Nexus said:

IIRC, the pages were spared but did suffer some minor damage. They were eventually restored by a well-known art conservator of the hobby.

I don't believe Wein had the cover.

I'd heard he didn't as well.  The general rumor I hear is that it doesn't exist anymore, but that's total hearsay.   I'd generally go with what you folks here believe because I'm not super well connected.