• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books You Shouldn't Have Read, and are Embarassed that You Have Read

19 posts in this topic

Okay, let's look at this angle as well....I'll kick us off with Avengers Forever....12 issues of waiting for something to happen, and it goes nowhere. I can't think of a Kang storyline I like, in fact, but this one took the cake.

Also, I once grabbed a Love and Rockets #1 at a flea market, having heard of its importance in the history of independent comics. I couldn't get halfway through. Used it in a trade with an LCS.

Most of the Beyonder appearances I have encountered were wincingly bad too.

Razor. Back then bad girls was all the rage.for some reason I had to have all of what was out(at the time) think it was up to 9 or 10 at the time.one of them has a tim vigil cover,and its kinda hideous. Thumbed thru an issue recently and well what was I thinking came to mind.all those bad girls books from the 90s could be inserted here.

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Yep. What a disappointment compared to 1. What was this just made to sell toys? Not Jim Shooter's finest hour.

No, that would be the original Secret Wars.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, Readcomix said:

Okay, let's look at this angle as well....I'll kick us off with Avengers Forever....12 issues of waiting for something to happen, and it goes nowhere. I can't think of a Kang storyline I like, in fact, but this one took the cake.

Also, I once grabbed a Love and Rockets #1 at a flea market, having heard of its importance in the history of independent comics. I couldn't get halfway through. Used it in a trade with an LCS.

Most of the Beyonder appearances I have encountered were wincingly bad too.

I liked the story from Avengers 129 to 134 that included the Giant Sized #2 where Kang went through time and assembled the Legion of the Un-living. I have not read it in awhile, but it is one of the story arcs I kept when I sold off my completist comic collection.

21 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Swamp Thing 60

Hulk 271

Marville

Can not describe how much I hated Hulk 271 when it came out. I owned every Hulk comic ever printed and all of his appearances then Marvel released that garbage book. I bought it to maintain my complete collection but I hated it. I know I am not alone in that hatred, many other Hulk collectors hate that comic.

On 3/28/2017 at 10:46 PM, cortown71 said:

Razor. Back then bad girls was all the rage.for some reason I had to have all of what was out(at the time) think it was up to 9 or 10 at the time.one of them has a tim vigil cover,and its kinda hideous. Thumbed thru an issue recently and well what was I thinking came to mind.all those bad girls books from the 90s could be inserted here.

Ha, that's funny, I was also a Razor fan for some reason when I was about 18 or 19. I think it was the mixture of the bad girl thing with the sorta goth, Crow influenced look. I had a bunch of the London Knights (was that the company?) exclusives, nude covers, signed books, etc. Not sure why, it was a phase, I guess, and long ago sold off.

36 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Kept reading Fantastic Four after Byrne left for like 3 years.  Why?  :facepalm:

It did all go somewhat adrift after his great, consistent run.  The short Walter Simonson run and the "new FF" story drawn by Arthur Adams are about all I remember from that period.

Edited by Ken Aldred