• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Falling Sales
6 6

1,203 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Senormac said:

What was that Dave ?

45 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Sorry, no idea how I triplicated my post.

I quite enjoyed Hickman’s FF, but it is typical of modern storytelling.  That is, not Silver Age ‘done in one issue’ plotting, but written more akin to a long, 2 dozen episode, interwoven TV season.  Liking Jim Starlin's complex, Bronze Age cosmic storylines and Kirby’s Celestial characters I’m likely to have a greater tolerance for what went on there.  

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Actually FF was so bad towards the end Marvel almost gained my eternal loyalty when they cancelled FF

So good, it needed to be said three times. :whistle:

9 hours ago, Mr Sneeze said:

Marvel lost my patronage when they cancelled the FF.

Sales have been propped up by gimmicks for a long while all in an attempt to retain a readership that is not renewing itself. For every fifty year old that quits buying there is no ten year old to take their place.

Actually FF was so bad towards the end Marvel almost gained my eternal loyalty when they cancelled FF

So good, it needed to be said three times. ^^

9 hours ago, Mr Sneeze said:

Marvel lost my patronage when they cancelled the FF.

Sales have been propped up by gimmicks for a long while all in an attempt to retain a readership that is not renewing itself. For every fifty year old that quits buying there is no ten year old to take their place.

So good, it needed to be said three times. :baiting:

12 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
1 hour ago, deadleg said:

Saw this posted on Imgur and thought it was relevant to the thread.

Fisting!

Of the VP in charge of Sales.  I like it!  (thumbsu 

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

What was that Dave ?

Sorry, no idea how I triplicated my post.

I have no idea why I do all the stuff that I do when intoxicated either.  :banana:

Just now, porcupine48 said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I have no idea why I do all the stuff that I do when intoxicated either.  :banana:

it's because you're...well..a beaver too.

duckhole.

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

i think we're ruining everything again..

At least there's no humourless troll in the way.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, porcupine48 said:
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

duckhole.

i think we're ruining everything again..

I had porcupine balls for lunch.

She rolled over and said, "thanks". :baiting:

They lost me with their spitefulness towards their X-Men franchise and all the renumbering. I was in Midtown recently looking at the new books and I saw that The Simpsons comic is in the 200s which to me says success and longevity, then I looked at the blur of Marvel books and I don't think I saw anything beyond the teen numbers. Even if something is good it will be cancelled within a few issues so why bother? Blaming readers not wanting diversity shows nobody will take blame and nothing will be fixed. It's a shame.

Constant complaining by publishers to congress and getting longer copyrights is killing the industry.

They need lots of stiff competition. Place all these 50 y/o characters into the public domain and it will bring out the best of the best.

DC and Marvel will be FORCED to innovate and create new characters while the old characters will be turned over to newer publishers who will compete with better artists and storylines.

Edited by NP_Gresham