• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC's Custom Labels
1 1

43 posts in this topic

CGC's Custom Labels

Has this been discussed to death?  I have to say, I don't like it.  It's definitely pushing the boundary of "manufactured collectible" and that's just not a path I'd like to see comics go down.

adimage.gif

33 minutes ago, Lego said:

CGC's Custom Labels

Has this been discussed to death?  I have to say, I don't like it.  It's definitely pushing the boundary of "manufactured collectible" and that's just not a path I'd like to see comics go down.

adimage.gif

How is this a manufactured collectible exactly? It's just aesthetic. If you want a pretty label, pay for it. If not, don't. I don't see any problem. Nor do I see how this is a "manufactured collectible".

I waited all day for this thread lol (lame probably I know)

To each his own, but sometimes these make it more asthetically pleasing for personal collection/book/favorite character. And even if it was/is a manufactured collectible, were talking increasing the value by what $5?

Are they limited edition/time? Because other than when they launched, I never really heard any advertising about the Stan Lee one's again.....

I wouldn't pay a any premium for a label but I don't fault those who choose it :) It is another way to personalize a slab, especially if there are diffierent versions etc. But your right those who get them will probably sell for premium or at least try to market it that way, so I see why there are negative responses

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, LordRahl said:

How is this a manufactured collectible exactly? It's just aesthetic. If you want a pretty label, pay for it. If not, don't. I don't see any problem. Nor do I see how this is a "manufactured collectible".

Just wait until they start offering the variants. . . .

I like the variety. I have some Stan Lee labels and I like them. At first, after I selected them, before I got the books back, I started to regret my decision. Once I got the books back, Im glad I did it. I like the looks of them. Worst case, someone could always pay to re-holder them and get a regular label. I think it would be cool to have series labels, creator labels and publisher labels. In the end, the grade is what CGC is mainly selling. As long as they continue to offer that as their main product, these types of additions are just icing that no one has to buy if they don't want it. If you buy a comic that has one and you don't like it, just get it re-holder'd with a regular label. Ill be curious to see what others they come up with.

Not a fan, to be honest. CGC should be neutral -- the case, the label, etc. When they start embellishing their presentation with specialized touches such as this, it crosses over being a neutral, third-party service and becomes more fanboy-type stuff. It just doesn't seem professional, more of a trite novelty.

9 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Not a fan, to be honest. CGC should be neutral -- the case, the label, etc. When they start embellishing their presentation with specialized touches such as this, it crosses over being a neutral, third-party service and becomes more fanboy-type stuff. It just doesn't seem professional, more of a trite novelty.

Agreed.

1 hour ago, Martin Sinescu said:

You know those 2 things aren't mutually exclusive, right? And how CGC having a comic related, branded label makes them any less neutral is beyond me. That's some next level conspiracy theory right there.

1 hour ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Point being that this is for collectors. If you don't want it, then don't buy it and just get a regular label. If someone wants it for their PC, why does anyone else care? I don't think anyone believes that CGC will give a better grade to a book with a walking dead label, so it shouldn't matter. They will be neutral. In the end, its "personal" collections.

Edited by kevhtx

2 hours ago, oakman29 said:
2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Agreed.

You'll like it when they make one with pleasure ribs that vibrates...., guaranteeeeeeeeed! (tsk)

Just now, oakman29 said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You'll like it when they make one with pleasure ribs that vibrates...., guaranteeeeeeeeed! (tsk)

Always thinking outta the box. I like that.B|

Inside, outside, rubbing along the side....., what is your point? ???

2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I just don't see a problem.  The book is the same and the third party grading and restoration check is unchanged.  Just a more attractive label.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Inside, outside, rubbing along the side....., what is your point? ???

isnt it duck season, or is it wabbit season for you yet?

jimmers would tell you, beavers are always in season here.

cqXGvZtGAfi_uGjWxb0Ac7JV07ARDirZ_QRxINKH

Just now, oakman29 said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

jimmers would tell you, beavers are always in season here.

cqXGvZtGAfi_uGjWxb0Ac7JV07ARDirZ_QRxINKH

I love a good beaver, specially when it completely shaved.

tail that is.:whistle:

chumley.jpg