• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Strips

25 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

A little bit of online reading (reliable?) suggests that plot lines in the strips were different than those in the books ... for example, one source I read indicated Sup marries Lois Lane in the strips ... what I think is way cool is that the 135 is 4 years removed from Action 1, and Siegel and Shuster's names are there ... 

Number 135 is a great one to have because it's an origin strip.  You can find the numbers around it for as low as $10 on ebay, but the 135 strip always pulls quite a bit more.  Maybe $75-$125 for that one.

On 4/11/2017 at 4:28 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:
On 4/11/2017 at 2:10 PM, Robot Man said:

I don't have any strips but I do have this 1940 pinback button advertising his up coming run in a west coast newspaper.

supedemocratpin1_zps9863289b.jpg

What city had as its paper "The "?  Cool pin

I think it used to be fairly common for newspapers to have party names in their titles.  Not far from where I live, the "Pottstown R e p u b l i c a n" is the name of the local paper.  I guess they wanted to leave no doubt where their sentiments were. :)

On 4/11/2017 at 3:11 PM, BB-Gun said:

I thought the earliest strip was in 1940 but all the articles say the strip started in 1939.  Isn't this one a promo for the strip.

16231148031_1549569908_b.jpg

"Hold me tight!"  "I'd be delighted!"

"Come and get it!"

This is fantastic stuff right here!!!