• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Iron man gauntlet

86E40042-C2D7-4140-91F0-308EA4525728.jpeg.4c09aaf2c0bb6303256b176f1df834c3.jpeg

I really, really, really wish I hadn't freaking clicked into that spoiler.  :frustrated:  I think it may have just ruined the outcome of Endgame for me, at least in part.

DON'T CLICK THAT SPOILER!!!

Now, a question to the unfortunate few who have:

Spoiler

Are we completely sure that's a version of the gauntlet crafted by Stark?  The general design with the wires, panels, and color schemes do seem consistent with the Iron Man armor.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

It was basically a troll* question and not even worth discussing at this point.

I wasn't trolling.

I literally had forgotten that "Her" had already been introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 because I left the theater before that part. Although I later viewed the post-credits scene online.

More importantly, I'm not yet entirely convinced that Katherine Langford won't turn out to be playing either Warlock or a female version (i.e., Ayesha/Her/Eve Warlock, whatever).

Yes - there are three folks whose roles are not yet ID'd on IMDB.

But: Emma Fuhrmann's all-but-confirmed she's playing Cassie Lang.

And Langford's casting _above_ some already-introduced major heroes (including Bruce Banner & Black Panther) points to her role being big.

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I wasn't trolling.

I literally had forgotten that "Her" had already been introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 because I left the theater before that part. Although I later viewed the post-credits scene online.

More importantly, I'm not yet entirely convinced that Katherine Langford won't turn out to be playing either Warlock or a female version (i.e., Ayesha/Her/Eve Warlock, whatever).

Yes - there are three folks whose roles are not yet ID'd on IMDB.

But: Emma Fuhrmann's all-but-confirmed she's playing Cassie Lang.

And Langford's casting _above_ some already-introduced major heroes (including Bruce Banner & Black Panther) points to her role being big.

You purposefully trolled me before, so I could only assume at the time that you had the same intention.

I stand by the fact that introducing a completely new character to replace Adam in the movie would be a garbage move by Marvel Studios.

It would basically completely undermine the introduction of Adam altogether. It would literally make no sense.

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I really, really, really wish I hadn't freaking clicked into that spoiler.  :frustrated:  I think it may have just ruined the outcome of Endgame for me, at least in part.

DON'T CLICK THAT SPOILER!!!

Now, a question to the unfortunate few who have:

Reveal hidden contents

Are we completely sure that's a version of the gauntlet crafted by Stark?  The general design with the wires, panels, and color schemes do seem consistent with the Iron Man armor.

I've read about that being "leaked" as a "spoiler" before.

Here's to hoping that it's more manufactured misdirection.

Related speculation to that possible spoiler:

Spoiler

To me, it wouldn't make sense that Stark could craft such a device to harness the power of the stones. Eitri required the power of a dying star and Uru metal (maybe more) to create such a Gauntlet for Thanos.

I know that Marvel is continuously moving in the direction that science and magic or basically one and the same, but as of right now there isn't a parallel technology. Also, I don't think Stark is physically powerful enough to do so. The Russos told us that Thanos is the only physical being in the MCU that can use all 6 Stones.

12 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I've read about that being "leaked" as a "spoiler" before.

Here's to hoping that it's more manufactured misdirection.

Related speculation to that possible spoiler:

Hide contents

To me, it wouldn't make sense that Stark could craft such a device to harness the power of the stones. Eitri required the power of a dying star and Uru metal (maybe more) to create such a Gauntlet for Thanos.

I know that Marvel is continuously moving in the direction that science and magic or basically one and the same, but as of right now there isn't a parallel technology. Also, I don't think Stark is physically powerful enough to do so. The Russos told us that Thanos is the only physical being in the MCU that can use all 6 Stones.

Spoiler

Agree on his ability to craft such a device, would require the help of Eitri along with a comparable power/metal source...but who’s to say that doesn’t happen? Regarding stark yielding the gauntlet...maybe he doesn’t. There are leaks of cap using it, and sacrificing himself in the process (dying). That would be an epic send-off and very cap-like. One could interpret the Russos’ meaning of their statement as, nobody but Thanos can wield a fully populated gauntlet, without dying...

1 minute ago, Callaway29 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Agree on his ability to craft such a device, would require the help of Eitri along with a comparable power/metal source...but who’s to say that doesn’t happen? Regarding stark yielding the gauntlet...maybe he doesn’t. There are leaks of cap using it, and sacrificing himself in the process (dying). That would be an epic send-off and very cap-like. One could interpret the Russos’ meaning of their statement as, nobody but Thanos can wield a fully populated gauntlet, without dying...

Spoiler

You're right - that maybe Eitri plays a part in enabling the technology.

I don't think Cap could use 1 stone let alone wield all 6. Quill was able to use 1 for a few seconds without dying because of being half-Celestial. That alien enslaved by Tivan on Nowhere basically died immediately.

Idk. They're gonna have to undo The Decimation some how, right? Someone has to be able to re-snap. It just seems unfathomable that one of the humans would be capable.

6 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Nothing political about my posts, kid.

I suggest learning the definition of what "trolling" is before posting about it.

I was a part of this forum before you were old enough to vote, boy. You don’t think this topic hasn’t been tossed around before?

Please, PLEASE continue doing what you do. Just make it that much easier for me. And then you’ll have to find another forum to troll your nonsense political BS. 

10 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

:shy: Just checking in....Oh, I see our 2 resident clucking hens are still straining to see who can lay their egg first :popcorn:

I'd rather talk about Endgame. Which I have for most of the topic...

Ah, popcorn, I know where you can get some extra salt for that...

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

How long did it take Infinity War to reach $1 billion?

$2 billion?

How quickly is this going to break those records..?

Infinity War took all of 11 days to break $1B. It then broke $2B by Day 48.  :whatthe:

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Soars to $2 Billion at Worldwide Box Office

9 hours ago, TwoPiece said:
  Hide contents

You're right - that maybe Eitri plays a part in enabling the technology.

I don't think Cap could use 1 stone let alone wield all 6. Quill was able to use 1 for a few seconds without dying because of being half-Celestial. That alien enslaved by Tivan on Nowhere basically died immediately.

Idk. They're gonna have to undo The Decimation some how, right? Someone has to be able to re-snap. It just seems unfathomable that one of the humans would be capable.

Spoiler

It looks like there are only 5 stones on that electronic gauntlet. It does look like a Stark created gauntlet but that doesn't mean he uses it. Could be the Hulk or even Captain Marvel for all we know. After all, she was able to hold the tesseract with her hand.