• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

Re-watched Phase 2 this past weekend.

Every movie was about as good as I had remembered. From best to worst:

The Winter Solider, Age of Ultron, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Iron Man 3, and The Dark World.

Phase 3 is going to be really exciting this weekend...

Spoiler

Apparently this leak came out back in May, plus the leaker nailed most of IW as well. Knowing what we know now....makes you wonder. This part is exciting: "There's a pivotal scene between Doctor Strange and a fully CGI character being shot on a secret location, with a skeleton crew, and which takes up a sizeable portion of the budget."

The temptation. To click or not to click....

Edited by Callaway29

21 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:
  Hide contents

Apparently this leak came out back in May, plus the leaker nailed most of IW as well. Knowing what we know now....makes you wonder. This part is exciting: "There's a pivotal scene between Doctor Strange and a fully CGI character being shot on a secret location, with a skeleton crew, and which takes up a sizeable portion of the budget."

The temptation. To click or not to click....

The title was AVENGERS: INFINITY GAUNTLET at one point, but it might be changed after Zoe Saldana accidentally leaked it.

I knew it!!!! @TwoPiece will love this. 

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

The title was AVENGERS: INFINITY GAUNTLET at one point, but it might be changed after Zoe Saldana accidentally leaked it.

I knew it!!!! @TwoPiece will love this. 

Infinity Gauntlet was always the working title - which is what Saldana leaked.

My intel told me that they didn't have an "official" non-working title until a couple months after Infinity War premiered. May be public knowledge somewhere - but it was told to me by someone who works for Disney (not really an insider, she just happened to hear about this).

I'm not sold on any of the "leak". Some of it doesn't seem interesting to me plot-wise.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Infinity Gauntlet was always the working title - which is what Saldana leaked.

My intel told me that they didn't have an "official" non-working title until a couple months after Infinity War premiered. May be public knowledge somewhere - but it was told to me by someone who works for Disney (not really an insider, she just happened to hear about this).

I'm not sold on any of the "leak". Some of it doesn't seem interesting to me plot-wise.

Well I spoke to a ride operator at Disneyworld last week, and she told me... :insane:

It was Infinity Gauntlet. She said that too confident for it to be a working title internally. :foryou:

Spoiler

Fully CGI Character = Adam Warlock?

As much as I wish it were Silver Surfer, I agree with posters above that Disney would likely not have gone ahead with development until *after* the Fox deal was finalized.

Just now, Gatsby77 said:
  Hide contents

As much as I wish it were Silver Surfer, I agree with posters above that Disney would likely not have gone ahead with development until *after* the Fox deal was finalized.

That's who I am thinking this is filming with Doctor Strange.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

It would've been weird for them to produce a movie called "Infinity War" prior to "Infinity Gauntlet".

I think they knew this. I don't think that Gauntlet was ever going to be the official title for Avengers 4.

Not weird at all.  

Just now, Gatsby77 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wouldn't it be in poor taste to fully-CGI a humanoid being?

Just now, TwoPiece said:

It would've been weird for them to produce a movie called "Infinity War" prior to "Infinity Gauntlet".

I think they knew this. I don't think that Gauntlet was ever going to be the official title for Avengers 4.

Why?

Maybe to comic book geeks who knew that one came before the other.

But to the public at large, Infinity War then Infinity Gauntlet makes perfect sense.

_Esp._ if the focus this time around is on the heroes wielding a Stark gauntlet.

Infinity War = focus on Thanos

Infinity Gauntlet = focus on the combination of the stones themselves, wielded by both the good guys and the bad guys.

Just now, Gatsby77 said:

Why?

But to the public at large, Infinity War then Infinity Gauntlet makes perfect sense.

_Esp._ if the focus this time around is on the heroes wielding a Stark gauntlet.

Infinity Gauntlet = focus on the combination of the stones themselves, wielded by both the good guys and the bad guys.

Still weird.

I'm a fan of comic book movies being made for comic book people.

It's all nonsense to even discuss in-depth because it's irrelevant. It would still be weird to many people. It would then become weird to those who are interested in studying the source material, etc. Good thing they agreed that it'd be weird.

Just now, TwoPiece said:

Still weird.

I'm a fan of comic book movies being made for comic book people.

It's all nonsense to even discuss in-depth because it's irrelevant. It would still be weird to many people. It would then become weird to those who are interested in studying the source material, etc. Good thing they agreed that it'd be weird.

I'm telling you. I have it from a solid source. She looked at least 22, and had the Disney smile-and-wave to a professional level. The fellow with her looked official too. Suit and all. :nyah:

Disneyworld01.PNG.90d87ed1322abb19b0232d75dbd0f283.PNG

17 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Why?

Yeah, it wouldn't be strange to anyone outside of comics. The only thing that's strange to people outside of comics is how much some of us obsess about any of this. To most people, these are just popcorn movies.