• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

"Steve dual wields his shield and Mjolnir, it’s unclear how mjolnir comes back."

This sounds awesome...

Spoiler

No wonder why the Russos recommended watching Age of Ultron before seeing this in that it had some influences.

6 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

No disrespect because I love all you guys,but I will not read this thread for about two weeks. I want to see Avengers: Endgame spoiler free. Catch ya in two weeks with a review. Love ya guys.

CC

I've just stopped reading any of the "Spoiler" tags.

I still like discussing the hype around this movie.

I'm in full Fanboy Mode for the next 8 days.

Tom Holland is such a likable kid, and Spider-Man is such a big character, that IMO he has to be the face of the MCU begging in Phase 4. It also helps that his movie is the first of the 'rebirth'.

He's seemingly learned a lot from RDJ behind the scenes, and his character from Iron Man in-movie. It kinda makes sense that Iron Man would groom his successor.

9 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Tom Holland is such a likable kid, and Spider-Man is such a big character, that IMO he has to be the face of the MCU begging in Phase 4. It also helps that his movie is the first of the 'rebirth'.

He's seemingly learned a lot from RDJ behind the scenes, and his character from Iron Man in-movie. It kinda makes sense that Iron Man would groom his successor.

Zero chance.

He's the youngest _and_ least-experienced on the team by a long margin.

I think Black Panther leads the team.

My prediction:

Iron Man -> Black Panther

Captain America -> Captain Marvel

Ant Man -> Spider-Man

Thor -> Thor

Hulk -> Hulk

Doctor Strange -> Doctor Strange

8 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I love love love Holland as Spider-Man and you're absolutely correct, he should be the new "face" of the next phase.  Holland, so far, seems to effortlessly fill the shoes of an absolute iconic superhero without making it look awkward.  I think it's obvious Marvel delves deeper into the cosmos with the next phase but keeping the entire thing "grounded" with Spider-Man is a perfect choice.

Just now, Gatsby77 said:

Zero chance.

My prediction:

Ant Man -> Spider-Man

Thor -> Thor

Hulk -> Hulk

IMO there's zero chance that's it's "zero chance".

It took a few years before Iron Man became the obvious face of the franchise. It'll probably be a year or two before there's that same type of face for the 'new' franchise.

I wouldn't be opposed to Black Panther, though.

I just can't stand Brie Larson as a person to have her as such a big part to the franchise.

And, as I've said, I'd like to see all 6 Avengers bite the dust, despite that being highly unlikely.

Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange would be a good trio to replace the current 'Big 3'.

7 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Zero chance.

My prediction:

Captain America -> Captain Marvel ->Captain Britain

Ant Man -> Spider-Man

Thor -> Thor

Hulk -> Hulk

My choice...

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

IMO there's zero chance that's it's "zero chance".

It took a few years before Iron Man became the obvious face of the franchise. It'll probably be a year or two before there's that same type of face for the 'new' franchise.

I wouldn't be opposed to Black Panther, though.

I just can't stand Brie Larson as a person to have her as such a big part to the franchise.

And, as I've said, I'd like to see all 6 Avengers bite the dust, despite that being highly unlikely.

Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Doctor Strange would be a good trio to replace the current 'Big 3'.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Zero chance.

My prediction:

Ant Man -> Spider-Man

Thor -> Thor

Hulk -> Hulk

You're all wrong! I think! Here's how I think it'll go down after Endgame...

If the OG Avengers are indeed done, then the new Big Three (so to speak) will be Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther. However...

I don't think Doctor Strange and Black Panther will necessarily be on the Avengers regular roster. I think they'll show up for the big events like the next Avengers movie, along with Spider-Man, but they have their own stuff to worry about. I think the regular roster Avengers will be Carol Danvers as team leader, Ant-Man and the Wasp, maybe Vision and Wanda, and James Rhodes. Like the comics, Carol and Rhodey will develop a strong bond, due to their Air Force history, that replaces the bond of Tony and Rhodey. I also think because of Carol, that Nick Fury and SHIELD will be more involved. The Captain Marvel movies may serve as the Captain America movies did, as mini-Avengers movies that set up for the next Avengers movies. I'd love to see Carol Danvers and Peter Parker in a movie together.

The new source of tech and advancement will be Wakanda's Vibranium and Shuri, and maybe a little Kree tech from Captain Marvel. I wouldn't be surprised if the Avengers set up a base in Earth's orbit using a combo of Wakanda and Kree (from Carol) tech.

The Quantum Realm and the legacy of the Celestials will be the new explanation for power sources, as the Infinity Stones will be put to rest after Endgame, but will still come up now and then, perhaps with Adam Warlock in GOTG3.

Angelina Jolie's Sersi will eventually join the Avengers, too.

That's my theory anyway.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You're all wrong! I think! Here's how I think it'll go down after Endgame...

If the OG Avengers are indeed done, then the new Big Three (so to speak) will be Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, and Black Panther. However...

I don't think Doctor Strange and Black Panther will necessarily be on the Avengers regular roster. I think they'll show up for the big events like the next Avengers movie, along with Spider-Man, but they have their own stuff to worry about. I think the regular roster Avengers will be Carol Danvers, Ant-Man and the Wasp, maybe Vision and Wanda, and James Rhodes. Like the comics, Carol and Rhodey will develop a strong bond, due to their Air Force history, that replaces the bond of Tony and Rhodey. I also think because of Carol, that Nick Fury and SHIELD will be more involved. The Captain Marvel movies may serve as the Captain America movies did, as mini-Avengers movies that set up for the next Avengers movies. I'd love to see Carol Danvers and Peter Parker in a movie together.

The new source of tech and advancement will be Wakanda's Vibranium and Shuri. 

The Quantum Realm and the legacy of the Celestials will be the new explanation for power sources, as the Infinity Stones will be put to rest after Endgame, but will still come up now and then, perhaps with Adam Warlock in GOTG3.

Angelina Jolie's Sersi will eventually join the Avengers, too.

That's my theory anyway.

Yeah, crippled Colonel Rhodes is gonna be a regular Avenger again...

No.

Vision is also dead. Not Decimated. Dead.

Brie Larson's lack of personality will be held against the popularity of her character, I think. She's just bad at being a humble person and bad at interviewing. I think that Disney/Marvel Studios will run with a likable person instead.

Just because RDJ was "old" when he became the face of the MCU, does not mean that Holland has to be "old" to earn his fame. Spider-Man is their biggest (most famous) property, and they have a character and his actor who has been groomed by RDJ/Iron Man.

SHIELD also  no longer exists... There's a ton of holes here.

Edited by TwoPiece

20 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Yeah, crippled Colonel Rhodes is gonna be a regular Avenger again...

No.

Vision is also dead. Not Decimated. Dead.

Brie Larson's lack of personality will be held against the popularity of her character, I think. She's just bad at being a humble person and bad at interviewing. I think that Disney/Marvel Studios will run with a likable person instead.

Just because RDJ was "old" when he became the face of the MCU, does not mean that Holland has to be "old" to earn his fame. Spider-Man is their biggest (most famous) property, and they have a character and his actor who has been groomed by RDJ/Iron Man.

SHIELD also  no longer exists... There's a ton of holes here.

James Rhodes will stick around. The MCU is hard up enough for African American super-heroes. War Machine sticks around and will get the chance to shine outside Tony Stark's shadow. 

Vision is a robot. They almost brought him back in Infinity War if Wanda had done her job and protected Shuri as she worked on Vision. Plus, Vision and Wanda have a TV show coming and Paul Bettany doesn't command a big paycheck. Vision will be back.

We've had this back and forth on Brie Larson. You don't like her, but a lot of fans do, including myself. She will lead the Avengers going forward, especially since SHIELD will return and have more of a role in Earth's defense again.

Nick Fury and SHIELD will be back after Endgame. That's like a confirmed rumor.

Spider-Man won't lead anything. He's an honorary Avenger, but he's always worked best alone. He's a kid who needs to finish college, help Aunt May with the bills, and tend to his relationship with MJ.  Plus, he's a SONY character, Disney can't make money off him, so MCU will only let Spider-Man be so involved in limited things out of legal necessity.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

James Rhodes will stick around. The MCU is hard up enough for African American super-heroes. War Machine sticks around and will get the chance to shine outside Tony Stark's shadow. 

Vision is a robot. They almost brought him back in Infinity War if Wanda had done her job and protected Shuri as she worked on Vision. Plus, Vision and Wanda have a TV show coming and Paul Bethany doesn't command a big paycheck. Vision will be back.

We've had this back and forth on Brie Larson. You don't like her, but a lot of fans do, including myself. She will lead the Avengers going forward, especially since SHIELD will return and have more of a role in Earth's defense again.

Spider-Man won't lead anything. He's an honorary Avenger, but he's always worked best alone. He's a kid who needs to finish college, help Aunt May with the bills, and tend to his relationship with MJ.  Plus, he's a SONY character, Disney can't make money off him, so MCU will only let Spider-Man be so involved in limited things out of legal necessity.

Nick Fury and SHIELD will be back after Endgame. That's like a confirmed rumor.

Crippled Colonel Rhodes isn't going to be a big-time Avenger. Doesn't make sense.

Brought him back? Did you even watch Infinity War..? No one has ever attempted to, "bring him back".

You're talking about fans liking her character. It's not easy to like the person playing that character. They're not the same thing. Watch her interviews on Jimmy Kimmel, and about Josh Brolin, and then tell me how likable she is.

Spider-Man is Marvel's biggest character, and AFAIK, you don't have the ability to predict the future (as your posts obviously indicate).

A rumor is just that. A rumor. It is not confirmed whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Crippled Colonel Rhodes isn't going to be a big-time Avenger. Doesn't make sense.

Brought him back? Did you even watch Infinity War..? No one has ever attempted to, "bring him back".

You're talking about fans liking her character. It's not easy to like the person playing that character. They're not the same thing. Watch her interviews on Jimmy Kimmel, and about Josh Brolin, and then tell me how likable she is.

Spider-Man is Marvel's biggest character, and AFAIK, you don't have the ability to predict the future (as your posts obviously indicate).

Dude - obviously this movie will deal with *at least* time travel, if not also alternate realities.

They can bring back literally any of the characters -- from the "dead" ones like Black Panther and Vision to the crippled ones like Rhodey.

His _literal_ youth aside (again - _zero_ chance characters like Captain Marvel or Black Panther take orders from a teen-aged or even early 20s Spidey), it's also antithetical to the Spider-Man's entire character in the comics.

Spider-Man's been trying to join the Avengers since 1964. It was a running joke throughout the '80s -- ever few years or so Spidey would try to join (including for the stable salary and health insurance) and be rebuffed.

And the times he's actually *been* offered membership (as recently as 2004), he's declined.

But don't mind me.

"I'm a fan of comic book movies being made for comic book people."

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

War Machine already is an Avenger. What're you talking about? He's been on the roster since the end of Age of Ultron.

Let me re-edit my Vision statement, what I mean is Shuri almost succeeded in removing the Mind Stone from Vision without killing him. Before she exited the process with Vision when they got invaded, she saved something before shutting down. This may be key to reviving Vision. Either way, Vision is coming back.

I've seen the interviews and more recently the Endgame press tours. Brie Larson is awesome and holds her own with the OG Avengers and sometimes even outshines them. Brie Larson rules, imo.

I'm basing my predictions based on upcoming MCU projects, strong rumors, legal issues such as other companies like Sony owning the movie rights to Spider-Man and all his supporting characters, and educated guesses based on what's happened in the comics (such as the friendship between Carol and Rhodes) and logical directions based on MCU storylines now.

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

Dude - obviously this movie will deal with *at least* time travel, if not also alternate realities.

They can bring back literally any of the characters -- from the "dead" ones like Black Panther and Vision to the crippled ones like Rhodey.

His _literal_ youth aside (again - _zero_ chance characters like Captain Marvel or Black Panther take orders from a teen-aged or even early 20s Spidey), it's also antithetical to the Spider-Man's entire character in the comics.

Spider-Man's been trying to join the Avengers since 1964. It was a running joke throughout the '80s -- ever few years or so Spidey would try to join (including for the stable salary and health insurance) and be rebuffed.

And the times he's actually *been* offered membership (as recently as 2004), he's declined.

But don't mind me.

"I'm a fan of comic book movies being made for comic book people."

Who takes orders from Iron Man..?

"You're an Avenger now, kid." - A little MCU movie called Infinity War.

Seems like a bunch of hogwash to me.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

War Machine already is an Avenger. What're you talking about? He's been on the roster since the end of Age of Ultron.

Let me re-edit my Vision statement, what I mean is Shuri almost succeeded in removing the Mind Stone from Vision without killing him. Before she exited the process with Vision when they got invaded, she saved something before shutting down. This may be key to reviving Vision. Either way, Vision is coming back.

I've seen the interviews and more recently the Endgame press tours. Brie Larson is awesome and holds her own with the OG Avengers and sometimes even outshines them. Brie Larson rules, imo.

I'm basing my predictions based on upcoming MCU projects, strong rumors, legal issues such as other companies like Sony owning the movie rights to Spider-Man and all his supporting characters, and educated guesses based on what's happened in the comics (such as the friendship between Carol and Rhodes) and logical directions based on MCU storylines now.

War Machine was an Avenger pre-Civil War. Did you watch that one, either?

Regardless of your inflated opinion of her, why would Disney or Marvel put such a divisive person at the forefront of such a lucrative franchise..?

"Strong rumors" mean nothing. There is no confirmation of SHIELD returning to the MCU. There is the confirmation that Nick Fury is in Far From Home, and that Agents of SHIELD is returning to TV/Disney+. Sony does not single-handed own the right to Spider-Man. Hence why he was absent from Venom. Nothing that you've said makes any logical sense in the context of what is.

I think that what is kinda matters to what may be. If you're gonna go off in a tangential direction then leave me out of it.