• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:foryou:

After the title was leaked early on by Zoe Saldana, I think the MCU felt like it had to change the title. Oh well. 

They changed the "working title" before the "leak".

Infinity Gauntlet was never going to be the actual title.

I think she gave Marvel Studios a reason to Tom Holland her, though. lol

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

They changed the "working title" before the "leak".

Infinity Gauntlet was never going to be the actual title.

I think she gave Marvel Studios a reason to Tom Holland her, though. lol

:insane:

And no Benedict Cumberbatch to keep her straight.

Just now, Bosco685 said:

:insane:

And no Benedict Cumberbatch to keep her straight.

Pair her with Chadwick Boseman. I liked his, "I don't know anything because my character is dead" response to people looking for spoilers. lol

Or Vin Diesel. He only says 3 words. There's no point in Marvel even giving him a -script. lol

Just now, Callaway29 said:

I don't disagree with y'all, but...it's a combination of me playing devil's advocate and tempering my expectations. I WANT to believe they're going to jump right in, but...we're all just making assumptions.

I don't blame you for having such expectations. I have them as well.

But with the massive portfolio of characters Marvel has already, like DC they could pull from stories old or new and not tap out on more character options for the future. Decades and decades of stories to choose from.

1 hour ago, Drummy said:

I think it's 50/50 whether we see a tease of future properties (FF, Surfer, Galactus, etc.).  More likely we'll get something they already own, like Kang or the Young Avengers.

I thought Fox owned Kang.

1 minute ago, Gatsby77 said:

I thought Fox owned Kang.

It did.

2015 - Guardians Of The Galaxy Director Clarifies Who Owns Kang And The Shi'ar

Gunn clarified this point in the comments section of a Facebook post, when a fan asked if he would consider using either the Shi’ar or Kang in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

"Shi'ar and Kang are both owned by Fox. All decisions about who is in GotG2 were made a long time ago."

4 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I don't disagree with y'all, but...it's a combination of me playing devil's advocate and tempering my expectations. I WANT to believe they're going to jump right in, but...we're all just making assumptions.

I thought you were talking about Endgame for a second. lol

I don't think we see any previously-Fox characters headline a movie until 2024.

Maybe an FF character joins Spider-Man in his 3rd film, but that's the most I would expect.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

I thought you were talking about Endgame for a second. lol

I don't think we see any previously-Fox characters headline a movie until 2024.

Maybe an FF character joins Spider-Man in his 3rd film, but that's the most I would expect.

Like Johnny Killmonger Storm!

For those doing a rewatch of MCU films in readiness for Endgame.

'Avengers: Endgame' Directors Reveal Key Marvel Movies to Prepare

Anthony Russo and Joe Russo have revealing which movies will be the most integral for the ultimate viewing experience.

"[Captain America:] Civil War and [Avengers:] Infinity War without question because the events of Civil War directly affected Infinity War, and we would argue that the reason they lost to Thanos is because of Civil War," Joe Russo said in the interview featured in the video above. "Clearly, that carries over to Endgame. If you're going to add one more in there, I'd probably say [Captain America: The] Winter Soldier, only in that those are the four movies we directed, and they're all thematically connected to one another."

Captain America: The Winter Soldier was the first Marvel Studios production with the Russo Brothers worked on, releasing back in 2014. "This is from our point of view in the storytelling," Anthony Russo said. "This is the thread we're working with."

Still, fans should probably check out the first Avengers movie from 2012 and its 2015 sequel in Avengers: Age of Ultron. While many suspect the Ant-Man movies will be integral due to expectations of the Quantum Realm, it seems unnecessary given that Scott Lang is the only hero with knowledge of the subatomic world. This means he will have to provide an explanation of the Quantum Realm to the other heroes which will likely get the audience up to speed, similar to how Wong and Doctor Strange explained the Infinity Stones at the beginning of Avengers: Infinity War.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

For those doing a rewatch of MCU films in readiness for Endgame.

'Avengers: Endgame' Directors Reveal Key Marvel Movies to Prepare

The Russo Brothers really are the best thing to happen to Captain America, they did him justice in their movies. Up until Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers was kind of a bore or a straight man to Tony Stark (you could tell Joss Whedon preferred Stark). So. it's no surprise they want fans to focus on their films, as it seems the story they're really telling is the journey of Steve Rogers.

3 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The Russo Brothers really are the best thing to happen to Captain America, they did him justice in their movies. Up until Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers was kind of a bore or a straight man to Tony Stark (you could tell Joss Whedon preferred Stark). So. it's no surprise they want fans to focus on their films, as it seems the story they're really telling is the journey of Steve Rogers.

I don't know if Whedon preferred Stark but after the 1st Iron Man movie (and it's success) it was determined that he would be the star/focal point and that the entire Marvel Universe would revolve around him.