• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buffalo ComicCon Report - April 2017
2 2

110 posts in this topic

On May 2, 2017 at 9:25 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On May 1, 2017 at 0:21 PM, letsgrumble said:
On April 30, 2017 at 9:46 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

IMG_20170430_133041577.thumb.jpg.726c40ca41535107bc798560dbc9aa3f.jpg

Li'l letsgrumble.

While I didn't take any pics of the show, he did. May post some of his "work" later.

:busy:

Li'l letsgrumble shots:

IMG_4594.thumb.JPG.064c7098a6394e662038c7261e5d6dc4.JPG 

IMG_4596.thumb.JPG.44b8f14b511daf8eee9104f8e13e1c3b.JPGIMG_4595.thumb.JPG.4a568f5dcc0d4c1551c5f01706f8a81d.JPGIMG_4600.thumb.JPG.eb8fb5ae0385bd225e72e5e692d48249.JPG

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, anstettoman said:

there is quite a rebirth in buffalo, I have lived in the WNY area for my whole life and with the purchase of the buffalo bills and sabres by the same owner Terry Pegula and his wife Kim. They have invested quite a bit of $$$ in the city particularly Canal Side, and Riverworks. Weather is superior in the summer to many areas of the country and winters are not that bad as our reputation has (used my snowblower 5x in the last 2 seasons). Close to the falls and we do have our version of a "major Comic Con" in mid may this year the Nickle City Con hosted by Dave and Adams (3 day show with William Shatner, Joe Montana as guests there) along with the Buffalo Comic con in Sept or Oct (2 days downtown).   I just prefer the smaller cons like the one Queen City books (Emil) put on this past weekend. But if you are looking for a cool place to visit you can do MUCH worse than My hometown.

Im also a Buffalo local...I agree with everything he said......the best thing about Buffalo is our cost of living is slightly below average so if you make a decent income you can live very comfortably in comparison to other cities. May sound like a cop-out but its the honest truth....Great food...friendly people and the town is seeing a lot of economic growth/expansion in the last 4 years

And CGC is coming to Nickel City in 2 weeks.....so HA

Edited by Dwitkin82

1 hour ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Im also a Buffalo local...I agree with everything he said......the best thing about Buffalo is our standard of living is slightly below average so if you make a decent income you can live very comfortably in comparison to other cities. May sound like a cop-out but its the honest truth....Great food...friendly people and the town is seeing a lot of economic growth/expansion in the last 4 years

I think you mean cost of living.  The low cost of living lets you have a better standard of living.  Other than the weather.  But then again, with climate change, who knows, Buffalo might become the Northern Riviera.

3 minutes ago, the blob said:
1 hour ago, Dwitkin82 said:

Im also a Buffalo local...I agree with everything he said......the best thing about Buffalo is our standard of living is slightly below average so if you make a decent income you can live very comfortably in comparison to other cities. May sound like a cop-out but its the honest truth....Great food...friendly people and the town is seeing a lot of economic growth/expansion in the last 4 years

I think you mean cost of living.  The low cost of living lets you have a better standard of living.  Other than the weather.  But then again, with climate change, who knows, Buffalo might become the Northern Riviera.

Mayor Brown is already planting palm trees along the Lake Erie shorefront.

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

Ha...little slip there..."cost" is edited...thanks