• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Warren Pubs Key/Scarce "Hit List"
5 5

232 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Yeah. The fact they got both the original cover and painting makes it desirable now...

And the stories about the covers are great. 

7 minutes ago, wombat said:

As long as we are talking about books, I highly recommend the Frazetta Definitive Reference and the Warren Companion. I'm constantly looking through these. 

BOOKfrazetta.jpg

Image result for warren companion

The Warren companion needs to come back in print. That $30.00 book is now a collectible itself with prices from $90.00 to $500.00 depending on signed or not.

I wanted a used copy for reference but the prices make it hard to do so now. 

:frustrated:

19 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I just completed my Creepy run,  and I found that 19,29, 38- 42 were very hard to come by in grade. Later issues in the run as well.

Based on your comments I grabbed this copy of #29 today (along with a #50 posted in the other thread).

A6070729-56B7-4370-A486-64ADC823FDC7.thumb.jpeg.badf8b554a632ef441355b95c14f1b69.jpeg

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

Wow , it's not every day you come across a nice one. You fell into that.:applause:

Yeah. He doesn’t have a lot in Creepy’s now but that one stood out. Not as good as the Blue Bolt #105 I picked up from him a couple years ago for $100.00 but I’ll take it.

On 5/6/2018 at 12:29 PM, tv horror said:

I'm constantly amazed at these covers I'm more used to seeing the usual covers, it's a beauty for sure.

Me too great cover ‼️ Both scary an alluring at the same time?

On 5/5/2018 at 7:18 PM, N e r V said:

The Warren companion needs to come back in print. That $30.00 book is now a collectible itself with prices from $90.00 to $500.00 depending on signed or not.

I wanted a used copy for reference but the prices make it hard to do so now. 

:frustrated:

Warren companion looks great , I had never heard of it

On 5/5/2018 at 7:05 PM, wombat said:

As long as we are talking about books, I highly recommend the Frazetta Definitive Reference and the Warren Companion. I'm constantly looking through these. 

BOOKfrazetta.jpg

Image result for warren companion

Someone is selling the Frazetta Definitive Reference and another Frazetta art book on the boards. I highly recommend both. 

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:47 PM, raybowles said:

Guys I appreciate the information.  I purchased my copy from a comic store in Hawaiian Gardens, CA in 1978.  When I got married in 1990 I sold my entire comic collection ( I had every key marvel except Hulk #1 and FF #1) for $5,000.  That figure was a good price at that time.  I actually had 4 collectors come to my house and passed on my collection before someone actually bought it.  That collection would easily be worth over $100 K today.  I had an Amazing Fantasy #15 in fine condition plus 10 copies each of Hulk #`180 and #181. 

The only comic that I kept was the House of Horror #1 because that was my favorite comic at that time.  I was hoping to keep it but I had to come up with money during tax time and I had to sell it.

To add a bit more info about the House of Horror magazine: During a 4 year span of grading comics and magazines at CGC, I remember grading ONE copy of House of Horror. To put that in perspective, I saw plenty of copies of other key Warren magazines, too many to recall, and many other Silver Age books that folks call "rare." To me, HOH is a book that really does deserve being classified as rare. As far as the desirability goes, if you're happy with a book full of reprints printed on slick paper, go for it. Personally, I'd save my money for more fulfilling acquisitions...

16 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Isn’t that an expansion of an issue of Comic Book Artist?

Yes, and the hardcover version also has a wealth of information about the Spanish artists, as I recall. This book is the definitive reference guide for Warren fans---it's basically the Warren "bible." It's well worth the money and I highly recommend it!